News Chris Curtis replaces Marvin Vettori against Brendan Allen April 6th

Who Wins?

• Brendan Allen

Votes: 19 70.4%
  • Chris Curtis

Votes: 8 29.6%

• Total voters
Probably the one of the more fun options they probably had available. Sucks for Allen losing the opportunity against a higher ranked guy. But at least he still has trying to get a previous loss back to strive for here.

Vettori was a great opportunity which was a shame to lose, and although Curtis is much lower, getting to avenge his only loss in 9 fights would be pretty strong

They already fought once and Brendan and Curtis were sitting around and doing lunch just the other day lol.

They were pretty hostile last time as well, and when Allen fought Stricks. I wonder if they'll be friendly this time around.

I get that the UFC needed a replacement but this is an easy win for Allen - Chris Curtis lost to washed Gastelum

Sadly nowhere near the quality fight that Allen-Vettori was going to be
Curtis has a win over Allen

I like this fight. Obviously Vettori was a better fight but this is a good fix. Will watch and pull for BA

Considering the circumstances - Vettori pulling out; needing a short notice replacement; and Curtis having a win over Allen - this is a solid fight. We could have gotten something less, or even worse, they could have pulled Allen from the card entirely.

Ehh I reckon Chris is least skilled ranked male fighter as of late.
Non-action man is C level guy where Brendan evolved and is A/B level guy (unknown potential).

I would rather see Allen versus someone higher ranked to test him further.
Rematch with Strickland would be better.

Interesting test for Allen.
The 1st fight I remember Allen battering Curtis but with Curtis he’s so tough and brutal in the pocket that once he finds a way into range he becomes overwhelming quick. Curtis has been showing slight signs of improving his range striking but he should still be outmatched there since Allen has seemed to add more power to his strikes but it’s hard seeing Allen keep the fight at range for 5 rounds. Allen is the more complete and higher level guy but it’s hard seeing him stick and move like Hermanson did…. I think he ends up like KG who got goaded into a bit of a war.

I think Allen starts strong and possibly even rocks Curtis early but I also think after the 1st round this fight becomes a war with Curtis’ durability carrying him to a finish over Allen.

I wonder if Curtis will have a problem with something during this fight too. Maybe he will complain about the shade of the mats.

Tough break for Allen. A win over Marvin could have put him in a #1 contenders fight next, whereas a win over Curtis doesn't do much for him.

Then again, the MW title picture might just be a giant circle jerk between DDP/Strickland/Izzy over the next couple years, so it probably doesn't make any difference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back