Chinese tourists

I love how only one guy is trying to defend the Chinese tourists lol

Come on, bro, don't get mad, get a copy of Grammar Smart.

Thanks for the suggestion
chinese-man-practicing-martial-arts_1599314.jpg

Thanks for the suggestion
chinese-man-practicing-martial-arts_1599314.jpg
I think you really don't let things slide. You should lighten up. We had our share of words, but at the end of the day, you have no bearing on my life and I don't have any on yours. But I will say I apologize for things that I said that may have gone over the line. Be happy; enjoy life. Obsession is only hurting you, bro.

I think you really don't let things slide. You should lighten up. We had our share of words, but at the end of the day, you have no bearing on my life and I don't have any on yours. But I will say I apologize for things that I said that may have gone over the line. Be happy; enjoy life. Obsession is only hurting you, bro.
8h0YSko.gif

I travel a lot, and while not all rude tourists are Chinese, pretty much all Chinese tourists are rude.

I will happily visit HK, Singapore or Taiwan, but will probably never set foot on mainland China.

Damn, bro, did I really get to you that bad? You know what I think about when I'm not on sherdog? Hint: it's not you.

When you went to taiwan Did you have cream of sum yung gui?

If you met any tourist from Taiwan or Hong Kong you wont see this. Those people are more modern than rural chinese folk. Rural chinese folk most likely never seen anyone outside their families till they took that trip.

That explains why they try to speak Chinese to everybody when they travel abroad. It's like they don't know that they're in another country. Happens in Korea a lot. You'll see Chinese people, particularly older folk, who assumes anybody who looks Asian is Chinese, even outside of China. They just start to speak Chinese to you randomly if you look asian.

All I know is Asian people walk like they drive. And I've seen some epic bipedal accidents performed by the yellow man.

That explains why they try to speak Chinese to everybody when they travel abroad. It's like they don't know that they're in another country. Happens in Korea a lot. You'll see Chinese people, particularly older folk, who assumes anybody who looks Asian is Chinese, even outside of China. They just start to speak Chinese to you randomly if you look asian.

Rural chinese have a very provincial attitude.

We rarely get Chinese tourists around here. It's too far to travel from China.

Disclaimer: this is not a racist thread, and I know this doesn't apply to all Chinese tourists...SLWL mods, just chill and hear me out.

And to my Chinese Sherbros, I mean no disrespect to your people.

So over the course of the last 3 years I've been traveling a great deal. And on occasion on trip advisor and other travelling sites I will come across a pretty racist review about Chinese folk

"...the tour was great, but the Chinese tourists were so rude and every where ..."

I never thought anything of it and usually dismiss such observations because of my racial background.

Well...

Yesterday, I went on an all day kayaking excursion to many of the small islands on the outskirts of Phuket.

They split you up into two large boats/groups and it takes about about an hour to get to your destination ...

Prior to boarding us, our thai tour guide takes me and the better half to the side and says, "I'm sorry, but your trip is going to be very loud."

I'm thinking, no big deal, and thought he was referring to the engines.

He then says, "there are a lot of Chinese on your boat. They are very loud. And they have children...much much louder ."

I'm thinking to myself , how bad could it possibly be...

Well, it was terrible ...the children were way out of control screaming running around the boat the entire time...
And when it came time for the buffet , they loaded entire plate fulls of certain items rather than taking modest portions .

On the 2nd part of the tour, a different thai guide informed me (and this is all unsolicited info) that all of the guides try to claim or volunteer to be guides for americans, aussies, Japanese, Koreans, Russians etc...
He said that the guides take turns in selecting chinese...or draw straws.

Do you have bad experiences with Chinese tourists? Did I just have bad luck?

From what I understand the bad Chinese tourist are from the rural areas or recently just move in urban areas that back in the day have no concept of tourism and etiquet because they are so poor but Chinas rapid ecconomic growth now enabled these rural Chinese to experience abundance and some sort of luxury and the ability to travel.

So in a buffet if they know they can take every thing they can they will take all because for them why not its not illegal and they have paid for it.

Ok, so it wasn't my imagination...

I mean, I thought maybe I was on my man period or something.

I mean just this morning when we were checking out with the concierge seated at a desk, mid sentence, this Chinese tourist comes up, completely interrupts and asks where the breakfast buffet was.

I was like dafuq?!

You should chalenge him to a Kung Fu Fight because everyone loves Kung Fu fighting!

Then you tell him that he dishonored his ancestors?

i reckon that happened more in places like europe as i doubt the lower classes of british society could afford a trip to a far place like India

True, the only people who goto India are hippies and university students. Makes sense.

Yea I've heard this theory as well. Essentially, with the explosion of this middle class has spawned millions of classless people .

Didn't know that about the Chinese but I've often heard that theory used as means of explaining the awful behaviour of many Russkie tourists who by most accounts are generally regarded as the absolute worst wherever they go. In most polls it seems the Brits and the Krauts are no longer the most despised holidaymakers.

Back