Chinese tourists

Social Distance Warrior

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Disclaimer: this is not a racist thread, and I know this doesn't apply to all Chinese tourists...SLWL mods, just chill and hear me out.

And to my Chinese Sherbros, I mean no disrespect to your people.

So over the course of the last 3 years I've been traveling a great deal. And on occasion on trip advisor and other travelling sites I will come across a pretty racist review about Chinese folk

"...the tour was great, but the Chinese tourists were so rude and every where ..."

I never thought anything of it and usually dismiss such observations because of my racial background.

Well...

Yesterday, I went on an all day kayaking excursion to many of the small islands on the outskirts of Phuket.

They split you up into two large boats/groups and it takes about about an hour to get to your destination ...

Prior to boarding us, our thai tour guide takes me and the better half to the side and says, "I'm sorry, but your trip is going to be very loud."

I'm thinking, no big deal, and thought he was referring to the engines.

He then says, "there are a lot of Chinese on your boat. They are very loud. And they have children...much much louder ."

I'm thinking to myself , how bad could it possibly be...

Well, it was terrible ...the children were way out of control screaming running around the boat the entire time...
And when it came time for the buffet , they loaded entire plate fulls of certain items rather than taking modest portions .

On the 2nd part of the tour, a different thai guide informed me (and this is all unsolicited info) that all of the guides try to claim or volunteer to be guides for americans, aussies, Japanese, Koreans, Russians etc...
He said that the guides take turns in selecting chinese...or draw straws.

Do you have bad experiences with Chinese tourists? Did I just have bad luck?

I was thinking about going to China to teach English as a foreign language someday but I don't think I want to anymore. I'd still like to visit though. I like this youtube channel.

Here in Taiwan, even though the people are one and the same less than a century ago with China, Chinese tourists are not very popular around here either. The only ones liking them are the businesses that rely on the sheer amount that travel here.

But I've also heard from tour guides in Korea who deals exclusively with Chinese-speaking tourists (Chinese/Taiwanese/Singaporean) that the level of class Chinese tourists really depend on where the group is from. He said ones from major cities are actually quite good. The stereotypical Chinese tourists that gives them a bad rap are usually the ones from countryside where spitting and urinating on the street is the norm.

Last edited:
Lol I'm not racist but. . . . Blank race is bad at this and that and I hate them.

Only kidding ts I am totally emphatic with the topic and have noticed a lot of bad habits. Littering and a disregard for wildlife for 1. It's not like people are inherently evil it's just poor upbringing.

Every arrival area of each airport should distribute pamphlets on proper behavior and that the death toll of the great leap forward is higher than the rape of nanking.

<FutbolThink>

Yeah, may sound racist, but it's absolutely true.
It's not a racial thing though, it's cultural. Chinese got rich real quick, and now have a lot of money but no class. It's like a bunch of hillbillies won the lottery.
I was on Jeju island (nice little island in South Korea) last month and the Chinese tourists were awful.
Loud, sitting on the floors, just giving absolutely no fucks about their surroundings and other people.

They've been pretty bad in my experience no racial. Older Portuguese right behind them.

Yeah, may sound racist, but it's absolutely true.
It's not a racial thing though, it's cultural. Chinese got rich real quick, and now have a lot of money but no class. It's like a bunch of hillbillies won the lottery.
I was on Jeju island (nice little island in South Korea) last month and the Chinese tourists were awful.
Loud, sitting on the floors, just giving absolutely no fucks about their surroundings and other people.

Yea I've heard this theory as well. Essentially, with the explosion of this middle class has spawned millions of classless people .

They are pretty fucking terrible. Loud, rude, no idea about personal space.

And every fucking thing they take a photo of they have to stand in front of in a group.

Its absolutely true, in China, I think its get your own and damn anyone else. No respect for other people at all.

I havent met a Chinese person who wasnt rude. The ones Ive met are damn racist too. I guess I'd be rude as fuck if I had a micropenis too. Dunno why the ladies are rude, probably cause their tiny dicked husbands cant satisfy.

KanyeShrug-e1480965985922-300x250.png

I live in Thailand. Chinese tourists are the worst. It is known.

I live in Thailand. Chinese tourists are the worst. It is known.

Ok, so it wasn't my imagination...

I mean, I thought maybe I was on my man period or something.

I mean just this morning when we were checking out with the concierge seated at a desk, mid sentence, this Chinese tourist comes up, completely interrupts and asks where the breakfast buffet was.

I was like dafuq?!

That’s weird because I vacationed in Koh Samui, and the Chinese tourists seemed ok. There was a large Swedish presence in Thailand. Some were pretty rude.

Chinese new year in Thailand is fucking painful I have had to yell at quite a few mainlanders for cutting lines and having piss poor manners.

In their defence China has like 1.5 billion people so I imaging cutting lines and bad manners is the only way to get what they need.

Back