Chinese tourists

Chinese aren't much more rude than others in my opinion. They get more noticed because a lot of Chinese are afraid to travel on their own and they get huge discounts for traveling in a group. Therefore when we see Chinese tourists there are usually 50+ in the same area. I think other nationalities are just as obnoxious but we don't travel in the numbers they do.

English are actually considered good tourists but that may just be in India. I went to a resort place in India a couple of years ago and my taxi driver was complaining about the Russian tourists vs the great English tourists they used to get.

Now yes but in the 80s and 90s we were really bad. Stealing, fighting, drinking etc. If the English are in town we are taking over your shit. That's basically the mentality.

Don't speak English? Let's smash the place up and leave...

I remember football fans used to smash and grab high end shops. Like 30 deep. All In, take and run. Wtf man lol

what do you expect? most of them are peasants. who do you think taught them good manners?

Japan had a good plan back in the day but America went and fucked it all up, like they usually do.

lot of chinese tourist in this part of scotland. They're the ones most likely to disrupt any sense of normal in a place. But I've noticed they seem apologetic if they realize theyre disruptive. Difference social expectations, I suppose

Japan had a good plan back in the day but America went and fucked it all up, like they usually do.
tenor.gif

Disclaimer: this is not a racist thread, and I know this doesn't apply to all Chinese tourists...SLWL mods, just chill and hear me out.

And to my Chinese Sherbros, I mean no disrespect to your people.

So over the course of the last 3 years I've been traveling a great deal. And on occasion on trip advisor and other travelling sites I will come across a pretty racist review about Chinese folk

"...the tour was great, but the Chinese tourists were so rude and every where ..."

I never thought anything of it and usually dismiss such observations because of my racial background.

Well...

Yesterday, I went on an all day kayaking excursion to many of the small islands on the outskirts of Phuket.

They split you up into two large boats/groups and it takes about about an hour to get to your destination ...

Prior to boarding us, our thai tour guide takes me and the better half to the side and says, "I'm sorry, but your trip is going to be very loud."

I'm thinking, no big deal, and thought he was referring to the engines.

He then says, "there are a lot of Chinese on your boat. They are very loud. And they have children...much much louder ."

I'm thinking to myself , how bad could it possibly be...

Well, it was terrible ...the children were way out of control screaming running around the boat the entire time...
And when it came time for the buffet , they loaded entire plate fulls of certain items rather than taking modest portions .

On the 2nd part of the tour, a different thai guide informed me (and this is all unsolicited info) that all of the guides try to claim or volunteer to be guides for americans, aussies, Japanese, Koreans, Russians etc...
He said that the guides take turns in selecting chinese...or draw straws.

Do you have bad experiences with Chinese tourists? Did I just have bad luck?

me being chinese can tell you why? They just dont have any ettiquette. Going on vacation is a brand new concept to most chinese especially from the country. This is what you get when you go from Maoism to what China is now. There will be an adjustment period.

If you met any tourist from Taiwan or Hong Kong you wont see this. Those people are more modern than rural chinese folk. Rural chinese folk most likely never seen anyone outside their families till they took that trip.

I went to Beijing prior to the HK handover, and people were not too bad in their own settings. Except for all the pushing and shoving on the subway.

Chinese Tourists are some of the rudest, loud, mean, and spitting on the floor while squatting and smoking

Now yes but in the 80s and 90s we were really bad. Stealing, fighting, drinking etc. If the English are in town we are taking over your shit. That's basically the mentality.

Don't speak English? Let's smash the place up and leave...

I remember football fans used to smash and grab high end shops. Like 30 deep. All In, take and run. Wtf man lol
i reckon that happened more in places like europe as i doubt the lower classes of british society could afford a trip to a far place like India

Yea I was on a tour in Mexico and this Chinese family of 4 was translating the tour very loudly.

People were saying "shhhh" and even the tour guide threw shade at them.

...I went to Beijing prior to the HK handover, and people were not too bad in their own settings. Except for all the pushing and shoving on the subway.
That's gone for the most part, too. In a span of like 5-10 years, I've seen people pushing and shoving on trains to people now giving up their seats to elderly, women, and children. This is in Shanghai and Beijing, and to a lesser extent, Guangzhou. Things are still not as good as HK or Taipei, but getting better.

Yea I was on a tour in Mexico and this Chinese family of 4 was translating the tour very loudly.

People were saying "shhhh" and even the tour guide threw shade at them.

I seen some Chinese on the bus in San Francisco kick someones dog, he was looking at the dog like it was dinner, it was crazy they started fighting it was just a chihuahua.

I told you I dont give a crap about my grammar on here I posted that comment from the shitter on my ipad

My Chinito friend
Come on, bro, don't get mad, get a copy of Grammar Smart.

I seen some Chinese on the bus in San Francisco kick someones dog, he was looking at the dog like it was dinner, it was crazy they started fighting it was just a chihuahua.
You're starting to act crazy again, bro. Calm down, we're all friends here.

Back