Media Chimaev confirms UFC is waiting for Strickland vs DDP to unfold - fights the winner

What's the next title fight gonna be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It’s weird…so they promised him the Strickland fight but not the DDP fight if DDP wins?

Or he’s talking from that other hole that spews stuff that typically is flushed down a toilet?

It’s weird…so they promised him the Strickland fight but not the DDP fight if DDP wins?

Or he’s talking from that other hole that spews stuff that typically is flushed down a toilet?

He only goes after people who don't have absolutely elite level grappling. Dricus has it while Strickland does not. LOL at him hoping Strickland wins because he manhandled Strickland in grappling sparring. He knows Dricus will bulldoze him everywhere. Much bigger, stronger, powerful. Dricus admitted he fights at 215 lbs. Better striker and has a very solid grappling.

Last edited:
Makes sense. He beats both Strickland and DDP fairly easily.

I feel like he sacrifices way too many brain cells and has limited capacity now because of the crap he has been saying lately.

dg4m6tz-c96f773a-b5f7-4431-94e2-f789e32b7973.gif

Not so sure about DDP.

He won't be so easy to keep down as he looks like the bigger man.

Dricus will destroy him. You can take it to the bank. He is not calling him out for a reason. He is much bigger and stronger while having elite competition level wrestling and BJJ. All of his fights have gone to the ground and he has won every fight since 2018. 90% finish rate while taking out people who were solid middleweights including the top contender Whittaker.

Last edited:
Doesn't mean it wasn't better than guys like Colby and Masvidal taking up like most of the WW title shots for the past 4 years

Definitely not better for a first shot at the tittle. Literally no wins over ranked competition at the division he is aiming for the tittle.

Also, it would be nice to compare apples to apples. Tell me about a weakest run to a UFC MW tittle shot since....I dont even know, maybe Travis Lutter or something

Dricus will destroy him. You can take it to the bank. He is not calling him out for a reason. He is much bigger and stronger while having elite competition level wrestling and BJJ. All of his fights have gone to the ground and he has won every fight since 2018. 90% finish rate while taking out people who were solid middleweights including the top contender Whittaker.
What? You do know that Chimaev snuck ahead of DDP by winning the official title fight eliminator vs Usman, right?
The reason DDP got his well earned shot now is due to Chimaev not being ready to fight in January. It all works out for every one, so I mean... it would literally make no sense to call the guy out?

DDP has said in interviews that he's expecting Chimaev to be the first title defense, and says with a win there he would basically have cleared out the MW division. So he will instead look to fight for the LHW belt after this one hypothetical title defense. The only other guy he'd like at MW is Adesanya.

I don't get why you would make up your own story like that. They both expect to face each other, Chimaev has said that DDP will be tricky for Strickland too.

Back