Media Chimaev confirms UFC is waiting for Strickland vs DDP to unfold - fights the winner

What's the next title fight gonna be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Unheralded Truth

Brown Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Chimaev visited the "MH podcast" of some British agitator, who has become a public figure in the UK now through provocations. Goes by the name of Mohammed Hijab.

However, as uninteresting it is to listen to a person so high of himself and any little attention created. He actually got some fight news this episode, asking Khamzat if Dana could be up to make
a fight with Strickland:

"A 100%. If he's winning the fight he's in now. He has a good fighter he's fighting with now, Du Plessis. And if he wins against this guy for sure we are gonna fight, a 100% would be.
They promise me that fight, so now we're gonna wait (to see) who's winning the fight. And then take the belt."

Strickland vs Khamzat UFC 300

khamzat-chimaev-khamzat.gif

Looking strong and healthy.

Hate him or love him, Khamzat is the most exciting fighter inside the cage.

And that's a fact.
That's an opinion, lol. I find his wrestling heavy style with his lack of effective gnp kinda boring tbh, especially when you consider all the shit he talks.

Last edited:
That's an opinion, lol. I find his wrestling heavy style with his lack of gnp kinda boring.

His wrestling heavy style is at 100% max effort and he's also willing to stand and bang, when he doesn't have a broken hand.

You're just trolling if you think "boring" is any sort of adjective to describe anything about Khamzat.

Chimaev visited the "MH podcast" of some British agitator, who has become a public figure in the UK now through provocations. Goes by the name of Mohammed Hijab.

However, as uninteresting it is to listen to a person so high of himself and any little attention created. He actually got some fight news this episode, asking Khamzat if Dana could be up to make
a fight with Strickland:

"A 100%. If he's winning the fight he's in now. He has a good fighter he's fighting with now, Du Plessis. And if he wins against this guy for sure we are gonna fight, a 100% would be.
They promise me that fight, so now we're gonna wait (to see) who's winning the fight. And then take the belt."

Damn, he still looks sick.

Well, if DDP beats Strickland then isn't there gonna be an immediate rematch, since Dana loves those?

I don't care who it's against. I just want Khamzat to get his fucking title shot already. (But I think DDP is the tougher fight and therefore more interesting)

Yeah I can't see Khamzat fighting the winner of DDP vs Strickland. He's most definitely next after he wins one more fight though.

His wrestling heavy style is at 100% max effort and he's also willing to stand and bang, when he doesn't have a broken hand.

You're just trolling if you think "boring" is any sort of adjective to describe anything about Khamzat.
Not trolling, I guess boring is the wrong choice of word. I don't care for his lack of striking skills, lack of cardio, or his lack of effective gnp. It's gonna catch up to him in a big way really soon imo. Khamzat talks a big mess but ends up pooping out in fights, it's pretty underwhelming in my opinion. I guess you can say he's exciting for 1 rd? He reminds me of Butterbean in a way, but Butterbean could do 3 rds.

Last edited:
Having your number 9 ranked guy fighting for the belt is pretty messed up. It’ll either be against Strickland with one defence. Or Dricus with zero defences. Fighting rank 9? Why didn’t the UFC put him in the top 5?

What a shitshow this company has become. There is only the tiniest bit of legitimacy to a lot of what they do.

People will hate it, but Khamzat deserves something. He's beat big names back to back. Not his fault everything went the way it did. Besides the names, most people can recognize his ability is higher than guys like Vettori who already got a title shot. I'm so sick of 10 fight win streaks to earn a title. Guys used to get title shots based off talent they showed off, why do you think GSP was able to fight for a title so soon?

Either way it's a tough matchup for Khamzat
He either fights Strickland who will have just beaten a bigger, more athletic, more cardio and stronger guy in DDP. Or he will fight DDP who's a bigger guy with grappling to probably gas Khamzat out quickly.

Khamzat vs Cannonier or Izzy for next shot is a bit of a leapfrog over guys like Allen but earning a title shot off of a short notice WW isn't justifying a title shot.

People will hate it, but Khamzat deserves something. He's beat big names back to back. Not his fault everything went the way it did. Besides the names, most people can recognize his ability is higher than guys like Vettori who already got a title shot. I'm so sick of 10 fight win streaks to earn a title. Guys used to get title shots based off talent they showed off, why do you think GSP was able to fight for a title so soon?

GSP beat the lineal champion to get a title shot. How does Holland and Usman earn a middleweight title shot?

GSP beat the lineal champion to get a title shot. How does Holland and Usman earn a middleweight title shot?
I'm talking about # of fights to get a title shot. Like all the old champs with long streaks only needed a few wins to get a title shot.

I'm glad Strickland vs DDP is happening. It would be wrong to let anyone jump the line ahead of DDP (without fighting DDP, that is).

Even Adesanya should have to win a fight before getting another title shot. So Khamzat fighting the Strickland/DDP winner actually makes sense.

Back