Media Chimaev confirms UFC is waiting for Strickland vs DDP to unfold - fights the winner

What's the next title fight gonna be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I mean. He dosen't deserve a title shot...But then again neither does Chito vera. And I find myself still looking forward to the title fight with O'malley. So is what it is I guess.

His "lack of cardio" is overblown. He doesn't have "great" cardio but he's shown to have an output equal to the only 2 guys who gave him any sort of trouble. Do Burns and Usman also have bad cardio?

You're saying his output being equal to Usman is a good thing? The Usman who came off the couch & at a higher weight class to take that fight? That's bad.

Oh come on, enough of this nonsense. He's 7-0 in the UFC with 5 finishes and is one their bigger draws. Strickland deserved a title shot being 2-2 in his last four fights, with his wins coming over Imamov and Magomedov, two guys who I'm positive you've never seen fight before probably? Middleweight is extremely shallow and filled with mid-tier fighters. The only reason people spout this "hE dOesn'T deSeRvE it" crap is because they know he'll easily become champ of that trash division.
Easily becomes champ? No, he doesn't easily become champ, he hasn't even fought a legit mw and you're saying this. Infact, many of the top guys at mw drag him past the 1st rd and drown Khamzat imo.

I mean. He dosen't deserve a title shot...But then again neither does Chito vera. And I find myself still looking forward to the title fight with O'malley. So is what it is I guess.
Out of all the title fights this is second to last for me, last being Leon vs Belal.

Nearly lost to Burns, nearly lost to Usman. 0 wins against actual top 15 middleweights. Sits out extended periods of time without injury. Can’t fight in the USA.

Why the fuck should he get a title shot?

Damn, he still looks sick.

Well, if DDP beats Strickland then isn't there gonna be an immediate rematch, since Dana loves those?

I don't care who it's against. I just want Khamzat to get his fucking title shot already. (But I think DDP is the tougher fight and therefore more interesting)
UFC desperate to get rid of Sean..especially since his coach is also Francis' coach and is so vocal against Dana

Nearly lost to Burns, nearly lost to Usman. 0 wins against actual top 15 middleweights. Sits out extended periods of time without injury. Can’t fight in the USA.

Why the fuck should he get a title shot?
He nearly lost to Usman while Sean got manhandled by Usman

Let me guess "bad knees, 10 days notice, blah, blah"...nobody has done that to Usman. Give him his due

They (Sean and Khamzat) rolled together already and Khamzat owned him. Subbed him multiple times
When you're rolling you're actually engaging the other person and not trying to get away from them the entire time, even if they're better than you, otherwise there's no point rolling.

If Strickland's goal was not to roll, but to get back to his feet the entire time, I guarantee that looks completely different, even without making it into an actual fight. Pretty much every single roll I have there are multiple times when I could literally just stand up and walk away, but one of you will sit down or try to pass the other's guard etc, because you're supposed to engage. Completely different from a fight, where your goal might be to just avoid or disengage the entire time

It would be nice to see him fight a ranked middle weight.

Coming if an uninspired win over a puffed up welter weight just isn't enough

I
He nearly lost to Usman while Sean got manhandled by Usman

Let me guess "bad knees, 10 days notice, blah, blah"...nobody has done that to Usman. Give him his due
I completely forgot that Strickland and Usman fought back in 2017 lol

His wrestling heavy style is at 100% max effort and he's also willing to stand and bang, when he doesn't have a broken hand.

You're just trolling if you think "boring" is any sort of adjective to describe anything about Khamzat.
Some people don't like watching other men try and sniff man crotch. So boring, is putting it nicely.

It would be nice to see him fight a ranked middle weight.

Coming if an uninspired win over a puffed up welter weight just isn't enough
flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

It would be one of the weakest runs to a MW tittle shot in the last decade.

Its a shame because I think Khamzat could make a much stronger run if only he didnt fought as much in his first 3 months in the promotion as he did in the last 3 years years

People will hate it, but Khamzat deserves something. He's beat big names back to back. Not his fault everything went the way it did. Besides the names, most people can recognize his ability is higher than guys like Vettori who already got a title shot. I'm so sick of 10 fight win streaks to earn a title. Guys used to get title shots based off talent they showed off, why do you think GSP was able to fight for a title so soon?
<mma4>
I'm talking about # of fights to get a title shot. Like all the old champs with long streaks only needed a few wins to get a title shot.

Go back 20 years ago to prove a point :sniper:

<mma4>

Go back 20 years ago to prove a point :sniper:
Doesn't mean it wasn't better than guys like Colby and Masvidal taking up like most of the WW title shots for the past 4 years

Cliffs:
When asked if he expects to fight for the belt next, he replied:
“One hundred percent,” Chimaev said. “He (Strickland) has a good fighter who he’s fighting with, Du Plessis, and if he wins against this guy, for sure we’re going to fight 100 percent. They promised for me that fight, so now we’re going to wait who’s winning the fight and then take the belt.”

Reminder: Khamzat’s last win against a ranked middleweight was #15 Gerald Meerchart in 2020.
<{hughesimpress}>

Cliffs:
When asked if he expects to fight for the belt next, he replied:
“One hundred percent,” Chimaev said. “He (Strickland) has a good fighter who he’s fighting with, Du Plessis, and if he wins against this guy, for sure we’re going to fight 100 percent. They promised for me that fight, so now we’re going to wait who’s winning the fight and then take the belt.”

Reminder: Khamzat’s last win against a ranked middleweight was #15 Gerald Meerchart in 2020.
<{hughesimpress}>

To be fair, it’s not like he’s not one of the best in the weight class. He’ll probably beat Strickland handily, unsure about DDP tho…

He might just have to wait and see what they do with Izzy. A title shot is not a guarantee. I don't think he beats Sean or DDP anyways. He'd gas after a round and get beat up.

To be fair, it’s not like he’s not one of the best in the weight class. He’ll probably beat Strickland handily, unsure about DDP tho…

Huh?

Being "fair"??

You are making a$$UMptions about Khamzat's ability at MW ...

He's never faced anyone legit Top 5 in the MW division.
He couldn't beat or finish an older, blown-up WW in Usman in a 3-rounder — and was getting lit-up at the end of the third.

What makes you think Khamzat lasts five rounds against the top-5 MW?

How is (barely) beating a WW, who just rolled off the couch, "fair" to the legit MW competitors who have fought to earn their place in the Top 5?

There is not 1% "fairness" in this, at all, not even 1/2 of 1%.

Last edited:
Back