Media Chimaev confirms UFC is waiting for Strickland vs DDP to unfold - fights the winner

What's the next title fight gonna be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What? You do know that Chimaev snuck ahead of DDP by winning the official title fight eliminator vs Usman, right?
The reason DDP got his well earned shot now is due to Chimaev not being ready to fight in January. It all works out for every one, so I mean... it would literally make no sense to call the guy out?

DDP has said in interviews that he's expecting Chimaev to be the first title defense, and says with a win there he would basically have cleared out the MW division. So he will instead look to fight for the LHW belt after this one hypothetical title defense. The only other guy he'd like at MW is Adesanya.

I don't get why you would make up your own story like that. They both expect to face each other, Chimaev has said that DDP will be tricky for Strickland too.

I am not making this up. Look at the original video and the person who I quoted who was questioning the same thing as to why he is not calling out Dricus? I agree, Dricus has tlked about Khamzat or Adesanya being his first title defense, should he win. Khamzat on the other hand hand, was only calling out Strickland and not even talking about Dricus including in his call out. He never mentions him because he is hoping (and assuming) Strickland is going to win.

Back