• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Chicago bakery loses 800 workers after immigration raid

You're aware Jesus Christ lived for 33 years after his birth, correct?

I'm not sure how you arrived at the number you did. It appears that you just took the number 2,000 and subtracted 17 from it. Would you care to step me through your thinking on that post?

Born 0000
Died 0033
Now 2017
2017 -33ish = 1983 and a bit.

State/Fed may have just lost 10s of million in potential tax revenue.

All so 800 low-rent proletarians can work for $10/hour instead of $8, lmao. Not establishing a law which prohibits voting for individuals making less than $250,000/year will truly be the bane of this great nation. What a disgusting travesty.

Your entire post is dependent upon ignoring one sentence I wrote. I suspect you did so intentionally. Here it is again in case you actually missed it:

Farmer Br0wn:
If the illegal immigrant has used identity theft or some form of document fraud, it can be very hard for small businesses to be able to detect such a thing. It can even be difficult for a large business to do so.

People who sell falsified documentation and/or stolen identities tend to sell these documents to several people. It's an entire cottage industry.

I don't know the specific details of this companies internal dynamics, so I can't comment on who knew what. I was speaking to the notion that some want to hold a company responsible for our government abdicating it's basic duties.

I did honestly skip over that bit. But my point stands at least in relation to this business.

I don't think its overly onerous for a large company to be required to make reasonable attempt to know their workers.

Perhaps government needs to assist them with this but when a company is paying millions per year to illegals they should be required to show they made reasonable attempts to find the truth.

I am not advocating mandatory punishment but show cause is reasonable.

Nice.

All those economically insecure working class whites of the rust belt can pack up, move to Chicago and bake bread for 8 bucks an hour.

This is MAGA as fuck.
Nope. Liberals raised minimum wage to $15.

Clear out illegals and bring in young working class whites for $15 sounds pretty cool.

#MAGA

I wonder if anyone will ever figure out how all these things are connected to the economic policy of a country on the edge of being an outright oligarchy?

Reaganomics, supply side economics, etc. People need to take a long look at how free markets really operate without strong controls and regulations to ensure the public welfare.
They broke the law. You're ok with a corrupt lawless system as long as we have economic prosperity?

Fucking fascist.

They work and are given a ton of handouts. Make a anchor baby in America and it opens you to a lot of benefits.

Work off books, avoid taxes, receive benefits.

If they are working for the company they are are at least paying basic withholding. They are likely not filing taxes to pay additional owed or to get refunds. At least here in Atlanta they don’t get much if anything in the way of handouts. They don’t really need them. It is almost impossible to get day laborers with any basic skills for less than $130/day and they often are 100% tax free. Real skills will get you $175.

Where are these illegal immigrants living at in Chicago?
That's what I want to know.
Cost of living is expensive as fuck in that city.
How are they passing credit and background checks?

No credit or background checks. There are landlords who specialize in renting to illegals or others in a similar situation. I know several. Typically not very nice building or locations. Leases are always month-to-month.

This works well for older buildings that don’t have elevators or perhaps don’t have enough parking since they were built before everybody had a car. Also, building that back onto a freeway 10 miles outside of town.

I’ll bet that with 800 people there were entire buildings nearly full with employees and a few enterprising individuals running low cost shuttles at shift changes.

I wonder if anyone will ever figure out how all these things are connected to the economic policy of a country on the edge of being an outright oligarchy?

Reaganomics, supply side economics, etc. People need to take a long look at how free markets really operate without strong controls and regulations to ensure the public welfare.

This is absolutely rich. Government having it's grubby hand is business is gonna cut down corruption? How the hell do You think we got to where we are now? We need to cut the crony out of capitalism. The government is the crony

how dare you post without have a old tweet of Trump in your post !!!!!!!!!!!

what are you saying ? that he doesnt write his tweets ? that his tweeter feed does not reflect his policies/views ?

do you think his tweets are irrelevant ? or do you wish them to be irrelevant cause they show how big of an idiot Trump is and you dont have a response for them ?

If they are working for the company they are are at least paying basic withholding. They are likely not filing taxes to pay additional owed or to get refunds. At least here in Atlanta they don’t get much if anything in the way of handouts. They don’t really need them. It is almost impossible to get day laborers with any basic skills for less than $130/day and they often are 100% tax free. Real skills will get you $175.

Yes where i am no day laborer will take less ten 125.00 a day

what are you saying ? that he doesnt write his tweets ? that his tweeter feed does not reflect his policies/views ?

do you think his tweets are irrelevant ? or do you wish them to be irrelevant cause they show how big of an idiot Trump is and you dont have a response for them ?

No I'm asking you to post an old tweet maybe from 2011 time frame, you usually do.

Maybe we can bake that bread using coal. Jobs every where! The best jobs!
If you have an electric stove, the energy very well might have been generated by coal.
And natural gas is often mined with coal so that's not that far removed from it either.

No I'm asking you to post an old tweet maybe from 2011 time frame, you usually do.

here are 2 from this year

which go to show how big of a flip floper he is

and yes, I love posting his twitter feed cause it perfectly shows what a shit show US politics are and that the biggest moron is in charge of the country

I have said for a long time, you want to stop immigration, fine the shit out businesses that hire illegals. Much cheaper than a best of walls, is ever built.

Was here to post almost exactly this. Go after the businesses hiring them and avoiding paying them even minimum wage or fair benefits. Get them to stop hiring and cheating wages and competition that way

Bernie Bros that suppprt the liberal line of pro illegal immigration while wanting a $15/hour minimum wage is perfect hypocrisy

Back