• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Chicago bakery loses 800 workers after immigration raid

Good thing to go after the people that are helping the economy....MAGA! :rolleyes:

Sarcasm?
Helping by taking a job an American use to hold?
Promoting under minimum wage payments.
Promoting tax avoidance?

Not good

Where are these illegal immigrants living at in Chicago?
That's what I want to know.
Cost of living is expensive as fuck in that city.
How are they passing credit and background checks?

They work and are given a ton of handouts. Make a anchor baby in America and it opens you to a lot of benefits.

Work off books, avoid taxes, receive benefits.

Let's just say for example, 5% of the population committed a murder. Would it be wrong to throw 5% of the population in jail, because of the economic stress it would put on businesses?
This is one of the most horribly conceived hypotheticals I've ever seen constructed.

illegal immigrants are doing the jobs we dont want to do

right wingers: its not that americans dont want to do those jobs its just that those jobs dont pay enough

OK, lets raise the minimum wage

right wingers: No, we shouldn't be paying people more for unskilled labor!

right wingers: its not that americans dont want to do those jobs its just that those jobs dont pay enough

OK, lets raise the minimum wage

right wingers: No, we shouldn't be paying people more for unskilled labor!

The market should determine the acceptable wage. The price of Mcdonalds might have to go up a few cents a burger so they can afford to pay more for buns made at a bakery that has higher wages. If you artificially raise the minimum wage companies will either be priced into increasing automation or close their operations entirely because they are no longer profitable.

Given that the bakery is having trouble hiring replacements, I'd say "yes." Apparently they are.

Who would've thought a company spokesperson would complain about losing money and finding replacements after getting busted with 800 illegal employees?

Proof Americans aren't willing to apply to bakeries (although they looove working the late shift at walmart into their 50s, with all of the associated prestige). It's definitely not the company trying to game the system.

You guys are so anti-business/anti-privacy/pro-government until illegal aliens come up. Then suddenly the tyrannical government should stop meddling in the free market & Americans won't work those humiliating jobs (at a bakery???).

It's a childish desire to seem contrary and aloof compared to your countrymen and you disguise it as 'politics' when it's really just a gaudy fashion statement.

Last edited:
I have said for a long time, you want to stop immigration, fine the shit out businesses that hire illegals. Much cheaper than a best of walls, is ever built.
It's not a businesses fault the government failed to do its job and secure the border.

If the illegal immigrant has used identity theft or some form of document fraud, it can be very hard for small businesses to be able to detect such a thing. It can even be difficult for a large business to do so.

What would you like business owners to do in these kinds of instances? Send in Scooby and the team? Perhaps James Bond?

The punishment you wish to impose is based upon the false notion that an employer has perfect information at all times about every aspect of every applicant.

Good. Now the bakery needs to find a price point to attract legal workers and the consumer potentially needs to pay more for the product or the buyer needs to find a cheaper source.

But crocodile tears will be had for the illegals.

I wonder if anyone will ever figure out how all these things are connected to the economic policy of a country on the edge of being an outright oligarchy?

Reaganomics, supply side economics, etc. People need to take a long look at how free markets really operate without strong controls and regulations to ensure the public welfare.
That's a problem. You really can't have open borders when you have a democracy. People will move to prosperous nations and vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury.

It would be wonderful to live in a world where "immigration" was little more than another word for "moving", but that can't be sustained where newly arriving poorly educated people can vote your own money out of your own pocket.

Back before the first World War, no one needed passports to go from country to country. This was when Western governments still had some vestiges of their founding Republics, before "democracy" became a buzz words synonymous with "all things good".

"A spokesman said the bakery is struggling to replace staff, is facing pressure to raise wages, and has lost $21 million due to the disruption."

GEOTUS stays winning

The Horror!!!!!

god emperor
While i get the joke, there's only one God, and he hasn't walked this earth in 2,000 years.

I have a brother who was a "NeverTrump" type, and I tease him by referring to Trump as "The Emperor". Also I started referring to him as "The High Emperor" after he released his tax plan, but calling him God is one step farther than I'm willing to go.

It's not a businesses fault the government failed to do its job and secure the border.

If the illegal immigrant has used identity theft or some form of document fraud, it can be very hard for small businesses to be able to detect such a thing. It can even be difficult for a large business to do so.

What would you like business owners to do in these kinds of instances? Send in Scooby and the team? Perhaps James Bond?

The punishment you wish to impose is based upon the false notion that an employer has perfect information at all times about every aspect of every applicant.

When a third of your work force is illegal you can't really pretend surprise.

Also 2300 workers fails every small business test ive heard of. If this was an actual small business sure leniency should be the norm but this clearly is not small. In fact i have ti ask why would you even suggest small company ruling should apply here?

Extremely interesting is that they will not name the staffing company that recruited these hundreds of illegal workers. That company ruined their name and factory but they don't want to name them??? Both are complicit imo. Some company fucks me over with mislabelled product id happily shit all over them.

While i get the joke, there's only one God, and he hasn't walked this earth in 2,000 years.

I have a brother who was a "NeverTrump" type, and I tease him by referring to Trump as "The Emperor". Also I started referring to him as "The High Emperor" after he released his tax plan, but calling him God is one step farther than I'm willing to go.

Closer to 1983 years.

Was going to say exactly but counting dates backwards fucks me up.

When a third of your work force is illegal you can't really pretend surprise.

Also 2300 workers fails every small business test ive heard of. If this was an actual small business sure leniency should be the norm but this clearly is not small. In fact i have ti ask why would you even suggest small company ruling should apply here?

Extremely interesting is that they will not name the staffing company that recruited these hundreds of illegal workers. That company ruined their name and factory but they don't want to name them??? Both are complicit imo. Some company fucks me over with mislabelled product id happily shit all over them.
Your entire post is dependent upon ignoring one sentence I wrote. I suspect you did so intentionally. Here it is again in case you actually missed it:

Farmer Br0wn:

People who sell falsified documentation and/or stolen identities tend to sell these documents to several people. It's an entire cottage industry.

I don't know the specific details of this companies internal dynamics, so I can't comment on who knew what. I was speaking to the notion that some want to hold a company responsible for our government abdicating it's basic duties.

Closer to 1983 years.

Was going to say exactly but counting dates backwards fucks me up.
You're aware Jesus Christ lived for 33 years after his birth, correct?

I'm not sure how you arrived at the number you did. It appears that you just took the number 2,000 and subtracted 17 from it. Would you care to step me through your thinking on that post?

For now...I went to vet school and had several classmates who openly admitted their parents came illegally and now they're here and becoming doctors etc.

It's not wrong...but just saying that those dirty jobs are only part of the picture

Bah at saying "americans" won't work for 'these wages' I'm in NWI (northwest indiana) not far from Chicago, best my research finds is that they weee paying $12.75/hr not terrible but decent wages.

That's $900/week (5 12 hr days) definitely not shit wages.

Heard two guys comparing wages when I went to get my lumch the other day, they worked at a mini (steel) mill and made $10/hr, worked there happily for years doing the job happily. Many of these lower pay jobs are stop gaps for people who are trying to get experience and move up the ladder. As another BS sherbro story, I worked at a toilet factory, they relocated from Chicago where they made their Faucets, to Indiana. I made $12/hr there, the guy who's job I took over when they moved the entire operation made $17, so to save on wages, or taxes; they moved an entire factory a hundred miles or so.

Back