• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Chicago bakery loses 800 workers after immigration raid

TheFirstEMP

Overdone and dry!
Platinum Member
Reaction score
http://wgntv.com/2017/11/28/chicago-bakery-loses-800-workers-after-immigration-raid/
CHICAGO — A Chicago bakery lost 800 workers to an immigration raid earlier this year.

Bloomberg reports that the Cloverhill Bakery on the Northwest Side, lost more than a third of its employees who didn’t have sufficient documentation.

The Swiss-based company makes hamburger buns for McDonald’s and other chains.

A spokesman said the bakery is struggling to replace staff, is facing pressure to raise wages, and has lost $21 million due to the disruption.

Just doing the jobs Americans won’t do.

Nice.

All those economically insecure working class whites of the rust belt can pack up, move to Chicago and bake bread for 8 bucks an hour.

This is MAGA as fuck.

Nice.

All those economically insecure working class whites of the rust belt can pack up, move to Chicago and bake bread for 8 bucks an hour.

This is MAGA as fuck.
Maybe we can bake that bread using coal. Jobs every where! The best jobs!

Let's just say for example, 5% of the population committed a murder. Would it be wrong to throw 5% of the population in jail, because of the economic stress it would put on businesses?

I wonder if anyone will ever figure out how all these things are connected to the economic policy of a country on the edge of being an outright oligarchy?

Reaganomics, supply side economics, etc. People need to take a long look at how free markets really operate without strong controls and regulations to ensure the public welfare.

Last edited:
Well, they really should not have employed that many illegals. Not sure why they did, but even if trying to skirt the minimum wage laws is not a good enough reason. Either pay more so muricans will do it, or you can recruit foreigners legally and bring them here legally, but still have the minimum to pay out.

Have they posted any "help wanted" ads in the local papers or on Craigslist?

I have said for a long time, you want to stop immigration, fine the shit out businesses that hire illegals. Much cheaper than a best of walls, is ever built.

I wonder if anyone will ever figure out how all these things are connected to the economic policy of country on the edge of being an outright oligarchy?

Reaganomics, supply side economics, etc. People need to take a long look at how free markets really operate without strong controls and regulations to ensure the public welfare.
The bakery shouldn't have gotten raided, it was the wrong thing to happen.

Good thing to go after the people that are helping the economy....MAGA! :rolleyes:

I wonder if anyone will ever figure out how all these things are connected to the economic policy of country on the edge of being an outright oligarchy?

You just hate success bro.

maybe some of those unemployed black Chicagans can get a job now

"A spokesman said the bakery is struggling to replace staff, is facing pressure to raise wages, and has lost $21 million due to the disruption."

GEOTUS stays winning

Where are these illegal immigrants living at in Chicago?
That's what I want to know.
Cost of living is expensive as fuck in that city.
How are they passing credit and background checks?

Back