PBP PFL 5: 2024 Regular Season: Collard vs Burnell 6/21 4:30PM ET *** Sherdog Discussion *** (ESPN)

Kowboy On Sherdog

Once Upon a Time in The UFC
Staff member
Sherdog.com Staff
Reaction score
j9X86Xc.jpeg

PFL 5: 2024 Regular Season
Friday 06.21.2024 at 04:30 PM ET
U.S. Broadcast: ESPN
Preliminary Card: ESPN+
Promotion: Professional Fighters League
Tapology Accounts: Dan Hardy | PFLMMA
Ownership:
Venue: Huntsman Center
Enclosure: Cage
MMA Bouts: 13

Main Card – ESPN / ESPN+ – 8:00pm ET / 5:00pm PT
Clay Collard vs. Mads Burnell
Impa Kasanganay vs. Jakob Nedoh
Patricky Pitbull vs. Bruno Miranda
Rob Wilkinson vs. Josh Silveira
Dovletdzhan Yagshimuradov vs. Simon Biyong
Antônio Carlos Júnior vs. Alex Polizzi

Preliminary Card – ESPN+ – 4:30pm ET / 1:30pm PT
Brent Primus vs. Solomon Renfro
Sadibou Sy vs. Tom Breese
Gadzhi Rabadanov vs. Elvin Espinoza
Michael Dufort vs. Adam Piccolotti
Anthony Romero vs. Sergio Cossio
Andrew Sanchez vs. Karl Albrektsson
Brahyan Zurcher vs. Julian Ruiz​

Points and potential playoff positioning will be on the line in the Professional Fighters League when Clay Collard and Mads Burnell duke it out in the PFL 5 headliner on Friday at the Jon M. Huntsman Center in Salt Lake City. Meanwhile, defending light heavyweight champion Impa Kasanganay collides with Jakob Nedoh in the three-round co-main event at 205 pounds.

PFL 5—which airs live on ESPN at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT—also features a lightweight clash matching Patricky Freire with Bruno Miranda and three other light heavyweight tilts, as Rob Wilkinson faces Joshua Silveira, Dovletdzhan Yagshimuradov meets Simon Biyong and Antonio Carlos Jr. confronts Alex Polizzi. The undercard streams to ESPN+ at 5 p.m. ET, 2 p.m. ET, a lightweight affair pitting former Bellator MMA champion Brent Primus against Team Tiger Schulmann’s Solomon Renfro highlighting the preliminary docket.

A closer look at the PFL 5 particulars:

THE LINEUP​

155: Clay Collard vs. Mads Burnell
205: Impa Kasanganay vs. Jakob Nedoh
155: Patricky Freire vs. Bruno Miranda
205: Rob Wilkinson vs. Joshua Silveira
205: Dovletdzhan Yagshimuradov vs. Simon Biyong
205: Antonio Carlos Jr. vs. Alex Polizzi
155: Brent Primus vs. Solomon Renfro
205: Sadibou Sy vs. Tom Breese
155: Gadzhi Rabadanov vs. Elvin Espinoza
155: Michael Dufort vs. Adam Piccolotti
155: Anthony Romero vs. Sergio Cossio
205: Andrew Sanchez vs. Karl Albrektsson
145: Brahyan Zurcher vs. Julian Ruiz

More Coverage »

Preview
Top Reasons to Catch PFL 5
Joshua Silveira Meets the Man in the Mirror
Michael Dufort: View from the Top
Clay Collard and the Chase for ‘Something Extraordinary’
No Beats Skipped for Antonio Carlos Jr.
Patricky Freire and the Birth of a Striker

I'm going to create some IN gifs for the prelims and then do my workout during the main cad. I really needed some MMA action today because it's been stresssfulllllll. (Why are people so dumb?)

I'm going to create some IN gifs for the prelims and then do my workout during the main cad. I really needed some MMA action today because it's been stresssfulllllll. (Why are people so dumb?)

I hope things get better for you and I hope today’s card provides plenty of action.

I hope things get better for you and I hope today’s card provides plenty of action.
lol it's already better, but thank you! PBP threads with you guys are 75% of the reason i watch MMA these days.

I had hours of paperwork to do today to transfer custody of an idiot to the police. He decided that he found a dangerous chemical spill (about the size of a bathtub) and instead of notifying the proper unit he decided to get rid of it by burning it.

My unit is the emergency unit and we don't really have arrest powers beyond that of the ordinary citizen, even though we arrest dipshits all the time. Let me tell you: the amount of paperwork involved in putting someone under citizen's arrest for my employer is mountainous.

Jesus Christ! Did anyone else just see a commercial with DAN THE FUCKING WOLFMAN or did I inhale dangerous chemicals today?????

I'm excited to see Conan's kid cut loose tonight. Interesting that his base is wrestling.

If I fought, I would hate to have Beltran ref for me…

Just get hit in the eye with his beard while he is trying to take a closer look to see if a punch landed low…

Ruiz’s right hand landing however he throws it…

Straight to the head…

Straight to the body…

Uppercut to the head…

Hook to the body…

Back