• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Charles Oliveira Doesn’t Think It’s 'Fair' to Face Islam Makhachev in Abu Dhabi Again

Is he right?

• Total voters
So, are you suggesting Charles is a liar? Because he swear to his daughter's life he didn't miss any weight, he was ready in Thursday as always (P.S.: since last time he really missed, against Lamas). Between Charles and you being a keyboard warrior, knowing all that happened and doesn't seem to understand, Charles word is just fine to me.

You are pretty naive or that's just your narrative. They robbed Charles, "period".

Matt schnell, Casey o'Neil, and marc Ratner all confirmed that ufc's practice scale was off. It isn't some conspiracy theory. I don't understand why bfoe thinks they all made that up as damage control.

That said, fighters should have their own scale. Oliveira had to learn that the hard way, unfortunately.

So, are you suggesting Charles is a liar? Because he swear to his daughter's life he didn't miss any weight, he was ready in Thursday as always (P.S.: since last time he really missed, against Lamas). Between Charles and you being a keyboard warrior, knowing all that happened and doesn't seem to understand, Charles word is just fine to me.

You are pretty naive or that's just your narrative. They robbed Charles, "period".
How am I being a keyboard warrior?
Oliveira
Missed
Weight

Again, 30 fighters got on that scale, 28 made weight on that scale with no issue. As I just pointed out in another post, 23 fighters had a one pound allowance due to fighting non-title, and 21 out of 23 didn’t even hit that mark.

Charles missed weight in Phoenix, his fans need to get the fuck over it. Respectfully.

It's pretty difficult to read and/or endorse any Sherdog "news" tbh, always the same... Nonsense writing and/or clickbait almost always. Charles didn't mean what the title meant, that's pretty accurate to say. He was pretty straightforward with 0 excuses or victimism. But of course Sherdog thinks different lol. Go figure.
It is not "clickbait" per se. He did in fact say that he doesn't think it's fair. That's straight from his mouth. He qualifies the statement later but again, he did in fact profess that it is not fair.

Matt schnell, Casey o'Neil, and marc Ratner all confirmed that ufc's practice scale was off. It isn't some conspiracy theory. I don't understand why bfoe thinks they all made that up as damage control.

That said, fighters should have their own scale. Oliveira had to learn that the hard way, unfortunately.
I’m not saying they absolutely made it up as damage control. At the end of the day, a whole bunch of fighters made weight on that scale, including other fighters in another title fight. Charles didn’t.
<WhatItIs>

If they made any mistake, it had to be extremely insignificant. Again, the only other fighter to miss weight was Dumont—and both Charles and Norma Dumont have a history of weight misses. Charles came in close to 155 for a friggin FW fight once. Since both missed by 1/2 pound, I guess you could try and make the argument that the scale was the difference. But look at the weights of the fighters for that card
https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2022/05/ufc-274-weigh-in-results-and-live-video-stream-noon-et
There were 26 fighters who weren’t in title fights and thus had a 1 pound allowance. Excluding Dumont, who missed, and the two HWs who don’t weigh near 265 anyway, that makes 23 fighters who were allowed to be one pound over. And yet, 21 of those didn’t hit that one pound overage. There’s no evidence of that scale weighing heavy at all, as far as I can tell.

You ate trying to tell me that marc Ratner, Casey o Neil, and matt schnell all agreed that the UFC's practice scale was off, but it was just a lie for damage control. It doesn't make sense. And as I said many times, just because others weren't affected by a fucked up situation (probably because they have their own scales), doesnt mean there wssn indeed a fucked up situation.

wouldn't trust the food or the water (anywhere) as a traveling fighter.

<{1-8}>

Gotta focus-focus, Charles.
Last time you said you were feeling a little too emotional.

I’m not saying they absolutely made it up as damage control. At the end of the day, a whole bunch of fighters made weight on that scale, including other fighters in another title fight. Charles didn’t.
<WhatItIs>

That doesn't means nothing was wrong, though. It is like if 20 fighters got poked in the eyes, but 19 of those guys won. Then the 1 who lost isn't right for complaining and pointing out eye pokes? Because the majority of other guys who got poked ended up winning, it means everything was fair and nothing was wrong?

There was still something wrong, as confirmed by the commission and other fighters.

Oh well. We can agree to disagree. I just hope it taught fighters to bring their own scales

You ate trying to tell me that marc Ratner, Casey o Neil, and matt schnell all agreed that the UFC's practice scale was off, but it was just a lie for damage control. It doesn't make sense. And as I said many times, just because others weren't affected by a fucked up situation (probably because they have their own scales), doesnt mean there wssn indeed a fucked up situation.
No; you asked why the UFC would say it if it wasn’t true, and I said they say goofy shit that isn’t true all the time. That was my point.

Matt Schnell was in a non-title FLW fight so could’ve weighed 126, but he was 125.5.
Casey O’Neil wasn’t even on that card. Could you be mis-remembering that?

Look, if a bunch of fighters weighed heavy and had issues, I’d buy it. But that just wasn’t the case.

No; you asked why the UFC would say it if it wasn’t true, and I said they say goofy shit that isn’t true all the time. That was my point.

Matt Schnell was in a non-title FLW fight so could’ve weighed 126, but he was 125.5.
Casey O’Neil wasn’t even on that card. Could you be mis-remembering that?

Look, if a bunch of fighters weighed heavy and had issues, I’d buy it. But that just wasn’t he case.

So they all said it just to be goofy??

No. I'm not misremembering. Casey definitely commented on the scale.

"
Ariane Carnelossi said: “Congrats to the 'genius' that messed with the fighter’s scale leaving it with a 0.5lb difference. We only found out when we were informed as we were coming down to check our official Weight. Luckly I was under so that didn't hurt me." Former UFC strawweight Claudia Gadelha added: "Congratulations to the dumb f*** that messed up the scale for weigh-ins this am. Now we got a real problem."

Matt Schnell, who will feature on tonight's card, confirmed the scale was wrong. "We were all given ample warning. I was told at 7:30am that the scale was off. Thought I only had .4 to go. I actually had to cut 1.2," he wrote, while flyweight Casey O'Neill added: "Apparently scale out the back said he was on weight and then official up front said he wasn’t. For context, we weigh in twice in front of officials before we head to the real scale, once at the hotel and once at the back of the arena. Two scales say he is 145, official says 145.5"

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/other-sports/mma/charles-oliveira-weight-ufc-news-26899049.amp

They are just goofy lol

How am I being a keyboard warrior?
Oliveira
Missed
Weight

Again, 30 fighters got on that scale, 28 made weight on that scale with no issue. As I just pointed out in another post, 23 fighters had a one pound allowance due to fighting non-title, and 21 out of 23 didn’t even hit that mark.

Charles missed weight in Phoenix, his fans need to get the fuck over it. Respectfully.
Respectfully, I repeat: you are naive or has a narrative. Why? Because who isn't able to understand what happened there is naive, and who wants to reinforce this BS has a narrative, that's pretty basic. Keyboard warriors do that and you fit just fine.

And you didn't answer what I asked you:
So, are you suggesting Charles is a liar? Because he swear to his daughter's life he didn't miss any weight, he was ready in Thursday as always (P.S.: since last time he really missed, against Lamas).

Again:
They
ROBBED
Charles.

And can't get over a "freaking" robbery like that, only dishonest people (or naive, or that have a narrative) do. Not my case.

So they all said it just to be goofy??

No. I'm not misremembering. Casey definitely commented on the scale.
Well, I don’t know how Casey would know because she didn’t weigh in on it.

Like you said, we’ll agree to disagree.

Respectfully, I repeat: you are naive or has a narrative. Why? Because who isn't able to understand what happened there is naive, and who wants to reinforce this BS has a narrative, that's pretty basic. Keyboard warriors do that and you fit just fine.

And you didn't answer what I asked you:

Again:
They
ROBBED
Charles.

And can't get over a "freaking" robbery like that, only dishonest people (or naive, or that have a narrative) do. Not my case.
I didn’t answer it because I can’t speak to whether Charles was intentionally lying or not. I have no idea. What we do know is that he didn’t make the contracted weight, and based on the weights of the other fighters on the card, there’s no evidence that the scale weighed heavy.

So you can use all the big font, bold print, and underline you want:
It doesn’t change the fact that Charles Oliveira missed weight.

Well, I don’t know how Casey would know because she didn’t weigh in on it.

I like you said, we’ll agree to disagree.

I didn’t answer it because I can’t speak to whether Charles was intentionally lying or not. I have no idea. What we do know is that he didn’t make the contracted weight, and based on the weights of the other fighters on the card, there’s no evidence that the scale weighed heavy.

So you can use all the big font, bold print, and underline you want:
It doesn’t change the fact that Charles Oliveira missed weight.

Charles wasnt lying, he and several others and marc Ratner were just being goofy :p

Okay im done lol

Not lucky. He took out the only other clear contender, making himself the only viable option.
Yeah but Dariush should've just had the title shot since he'd already earned it and Oliveira should've fought down against Gamrot or Fiziev and then one more win to get the TS

Then Islam's title reign could look like: Oliveira, Volkanovski, Dariush, Gaethje, Oliveira, which is a way better resume

People believe in what they want... But even understanding why naive people believe in that, I can't respect them because they put people in bad situations with all that naivety in plenty of situations and they must be accountable. And who has a narrative to force bad impressions much worse, to me they are in the dregs of society. Not saying it's the latter, but one can't run away from one of those groups at the end of the day.

More excuses before he even fights, if location makes or breaks him winning then he is not as good as made out and a mental wimp. Did islam cry and say its was unfair to fight volk in hes own backyard???

Ufc did admit one of their guys fucked up things with the scale, though. Just because others succeeded in fucked up conditions, doesnt mean things weren't fucked up.

The ufc wouldn't haved admitted it otherwise.
what about the other 5 times charles missed weight? what happened there

what about the other 5 times charles missed weight? what happened there
No one is talking about the X other times or denying them, but of course you just want to talk nonsense as almost any Islam fanatic, tergiversating about the matter. "To me or my favorite fighter it's all good, so f**k them all". Nothing new. Dishonesty as its finest.

Back