• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Charles Oliveira Doesn’t Think It’s 'Fair' to Face Islam Makhachev in Abu Dhabi Again

Is he right?

• Total voters
LOL
Thank you for "explaining" what I accused you off. Your admission is noted.
Admission of what? I agreed with you.

So you do know the UFC bullies fighters into signing contracts that they do NOT want to sign (hence the term used was BULLYING),
The term used wasn’t bullying actually, you just now said that. But yeah, I agree, never said otherwise.

but while KNOWING THIS, you STIL claim that: "He signed on his own free will" ???

Made up quote. I agree the UFC uses a litany of scummy tactics to pressure fighters into doing what they want. But the fighter can refuse. Look at Du Plessis as a recent example. They publicly pressured him to accept a short notice title fight and Dana made snide comments about him in public when he didn’t. He still refused, because you know, they still can. That was my only point. Being pressured and/or bullied in a negotiation does not equal literally being forced with zero choice.

Zombie mode obviously activated on you, bud...go look for the cure!

Stick with the Wild narrative you concocted literally off one sentence. You’ve got a real knack for fantasy narratives, you’d probably be a good politician. Now when you respond try to usual actual quotes instead of ones you made up. I know it will be difficult, but you seem to have a vivid imagination. I believe in you,

Last edited:
I agree the UFC uses a litany of scummy tactics to pressure fighters into doing what they want. But the fighter can refuse. Look at Du Plessis as a recent example. They publicly pressured him to accept a short notice title fight and Dana made snide comments about him in public when he didn’t. He still refused, because you know, they still can. That was my only point. Being pressured and/or bullied in a negotiation does not equal literally being forced with zero choice.
Yeah but DDP missed a title shot and likely will be sitting out for the next MW title fight if they do a rematch for Strickland and Adesanya. He got punished for sitting out because now guys like Adesanya or Chimaev can potentially be placed ahead of him. Oliviera knew that he needed a win to get the rematch with Makachev because the UFC already denied him the immediate rematch. So he faces Dariush knowing that if he takes damage in the fight the UFC won't care and will easily have Islam fight Volk or someone else and just move on without him.

Yeah UFC can pressure fighters to fight. And the fighters can refuse. But the UFC can punish them for refusing to fight on the UFC's terms. If Oliveira doesn't fight on Fight Island then he probably has to take another fight in between and risk losing or more damage. It was now or never.

Yeah but DDP missed a title shot and likely will be sitting out for the next MW title fight if they do a rematch for Strickland and Adesanya. He got punished for sitting out because now guys like Adesanya or Chimaev can potentially be placed ahead of him. Oliviera knew that he needed a win to get the rematch with Makachev because the UFC already denied him the immediate rematch. So he faces Dariush knowing that if he takes damage in the fight the UFC won't care and will easily have Islam fight Volk or someone else and just move on without him.

Yeah UFC can pressure fighters to fight. And the fighters can refuse. But the UFC can punish them for refusing to fight on the UFC's terms. If Oliveira doesn't fight on Fight Island then he probably has to take another fight in between and risk losing or more damage. It was now or never.

I agree with everything you said. My only point was the fighters still have to agree to it at the end of the day. They are in weak negotiating positions for sure, and the promotion will punish them for not doing what they want. But they still have the power to turn down anything, but likely to their own detriment given the power the promotion has. I guess stating this reality makes me a UFC shill for some reason.

Admission of what? I agreed with you.

The term used wasn’t bullying actually, you just now said that. But yeah, I agree, never said otherwise.

Made up quote. I agree the UFC uses a litany of scummy tactics to pressure fighters into doing what they want. But the fighter can refuse. Look at Du Plessis as a recent example. They publicly pressured him to accept a short notice title fight and Dana made snide comments about him in public when he didn’t. He still refused, because you know, they still can. That was my only point. Being pressured and/or bullied in a negotiation does not equal literally being forced with zero choice.

Stick with the Wild narrative you concocted literally off one sentence. You’ve got a real knack for fantasy narratives, you’d probably be a good politician. Now when you respond try to usual actual quotes instead of ones you made up. I know it will be difficult, but you seem to have a vivid imagination. I believe in you,
KId, for you to try and explain how you "agree with me" but then disagree with me, it's only on your limited brain that this backtrack and song & Dance will obscure what you attempted to imply.
And no, you don't call "he gave me his lunch money on his free will; no matter how much I beat into him to get there!!!"

You are worse than a person with limited use of their brain... for they have a reason to have ....difficulties processing information.
Or you can simply admit that you tried to make a truly dick remark and I called you out on that. Now you feel pressured to "explain yourself" and you chose the worst possible way, since attacking me just exposes you more... but alas, continue (since all the above will go over your head anyway):rolleyes:

Didnt know sherdog got so many crybabies here,used to be different
Fanboyism is a legit illness

He's not wrong but he also didn't argue for anywhere else, either, so I don't know what he expects. He wanted the title shot ASAP so he got it.

He shouldn't have agreed to it the first time around imo

He should have refused to fight him in abu dhabi the first time, whoever the champ is currently gets the final say, so STFU and just bang bro, be glad your even getting a rematch.

KId, for you to try and explain how you "agree with me" but then disagree with me, it's only on your limited brain that this backtrack and song & Dance will obscure what you attempted to imply.
And no, you don't call "he gave me his lunch money on his free will; no matter how much I beat into him to get there!!!"

You are worse than a person with limited use of their brain... for they have a reason to have ....difficulties processing information.
Or you can simply admit that you tried to make a truly dick remark and I called you out on that. Now you feel pressured to "explain yourself" and you chose the worst possible way, since attacking me just exposes you more... but alas, continue (since all the above will go over your head anyway):rolleyes:

Disappointing, thought you’d actually try to respond to my points but I understand it’s difficult to argue with objective fact. Let’s just make it real simple, I’ll lay it out for you. Can you unequivocally say a fighter cannot turn down a fight, they have zero say in the matter? Do fighters in fact agree to the terms of the contract when they sign it? Simple yes or no answers.

You can drone on about the UFC bullying, pressuring, and punishing them for not agreeing, which I 100% agree with. But until you can prove the fighters literally cannot decline, you cannot disprove my point. No matter how much you want to paint me as a UFC shill, stupid, etc. you’re the one that has still failed to disprove a single thing I’ve said.

Disappointing, thought you’d actually try to respond to my points but I understand it’s difficult to argue with objective fact. Let’s just make it real simple, I’ll lay it out for you. Can you unequivocally say a fighter cannot turn down a fight, they have zero say in the matter? Do fighters in fact agree to the terms of the contract when they sign it? Simple yes or no answers.

You can drone on about the UFC bullying, pressuring, and punishing them for not agreeing, which I 100% agree with. But until you can prove the fighters literally cannot decline, you cannot disprove my point. No matter how much you want to paint me as a UFC shill, stupid, etc. you’re the one that has still failed to disprove a single thing I’ve said.
Kid, give up.
You lost this one.
Attempting to nitpick into the English dictionary won't save you.
Because you were a dick when you alluded Charles signed because he wanted to. Now you try desperately to save your "honor" (if..by lying you can try to save one's honor :rolleyes::oops:)

How cute though... You are a dick trying "hard" to get attention... story of your life!

This is clearly coordinated, now Islam go to social media speak about that... Abdelaziz is making an impressions with Sherdoggers up there, it seems lol...

I suggest Charles fans ignore all this bs thread and let them troll alone between themselves. That's the better they can do, talk shit and dishonest nonsense, no news.

Kid, give up.
You lost this one.
Attempting to nitpick into the English dictionary won't save you.
Because you were a dick when you alluded Charles signed because he wanted to. Now you try desperately to save your "honor" (if..by lying you can try to save one's honor :rolleyes::oops:)

How cute though... You are a dick trying "hard" to get attention... story of your life!

Not even an attempt? Truly pathetic. You can try to insult me and claim victory all you want, you can’t even refute the simplest point. Just a sad little man struggling with the basics of debate.

Let’s just be honest here. You added your own meaning to what I said and quite literally made up quotes to support it. Then when asked to challenge the actual words and facts of what I said, hastily claimed victory and turned to petty insults, shying away from actual debate because you didn’t have a leg to stand on. I’ll happily say you’re the winner when you can point out one thing I said that was objectively false.

Last edited:
He should have refused to fight him in abu dhabi the first time, whoever the champ is currently gets the final say, so STFU and just bang bro, be glad your even getting a rematch.

he couldn't. he lost lost the title by missing weight for the gaethje fight. no belt = no bargaining power... unless you have millions of insta followers. Plus the UFC knows they can reach a larger audience with islam (old khabib fans, russians, middle east, world wide muslim population, and he speaks english)

I think people dig too deep to make Abu Dhabi some place in their head that fighters they like can do whatever they want like it's Pride or something. The sport isn't big enough like NFL where games are being played every week in every city, where the UFC can go to less profitable places like Brazil on the whim of a single fighter. Olivera should be directing his stuff at his own country or business men there to help make it easier to host there.

he couldn't. he lost lost the title by missing weight for the gaethje fight. no belt = no bargaining power... unless you have millions of insta followers. Plus the UFC knows they can reach a larger audience with islam (old khabib fans, russians, middle east, world wide muslim population, and he speaks english)
Ok, then he should be glad he even got a chance to fight for the belt. Its crazy they are letting him get another chance to get the belt.

Not even an attempt? Truly pathetic. You can try to insult me and claim victory all you want, you can’t even refute the simplest point. Just a sad little man struggling with the basics of debate.

Let’s just be honest here. You added your own meaning to what I said and quite literally made up quotes to support it. Then when asked to challenge the actual words and facts of what I said, hastily claimed victory and turned to petty insults, shying away from actual debate because you didn’t have a leg to stand on. I’ll happily say you’re the winner when you can point out one thing I said that was objectively false.
...as I noted, working hard to grab any attention...
Sorry, kid. I will not oblige your need for attention.
It would be good if you apologized, but we both know that's not the person you are.... much better to have a hissy fit and argue your lost point.

...as I noted, working hard to grab any attention...
Sorry, kid. I will not oblige your need for attention.
It would be good if you apologized, but we both know that's not the person you are.... much better to have a hissy fit and argue your lost point.

Attention? Apologies? Pretty weak attempts to deflect. You quoted me and attacked me and I’m the attention seeker? I’ll ask you one more time, tell me where I’ve said anything false. Why are you afraid to do that? I’ll take another refusal as an admission you can’t. But I’m confident you’ll continue to avoid it and continue your weak petty insults, because that’s all you have now.

Last edited:
View attachment 1004514

Going into enemy territory to reclaim the lightweight title wasn’t Charles Oliveira’s first choice.

Oliveira will challenge Islam Makhachev for the 155-pound belt at the Ultimate Fighting Championship's annual event in Abu Dhabi next month. However, UFC 294 on Oct. 21 isn’t the first time Oliveira and Makhachev will meet at the Etihad Arena in Abu Dhabi.

The Brazilian was on an 11-fight win streak and the uncrowned champ of the 155-pound division when Makhachev submitted him almost exactly a year prior at the same venue. Even back then, Oliveira had openly voiced his displeasure at having to go to Abu Dhabi, which Makhachev’s mentor and teammate Khabib Nurmagomedov famously labeled “our territory.”

The Brazilian also doesn’t think it's “necessarily fair” that the rematch is taking place in Abu Dhabi. However, having been in the fight game for a long time, "do Bronx" understands his position as a challenger well.

“I don’t necessarily think it’s fair, but it’s the game,” Oliveira said through an interpreter in an interview with My MMA News. “That’s where the champion is. He calls the shots. But I’m coming back for my belt wherever that is.”

Oliveira was originally plotting for the matchup to take place when the UFC returns to his hometown of Sao Paulo after four years on Nov. 4.

Continue Reading
https://www.sherdog.com/news/news/C...ace-Islam-Makhachev-in-Abu-Dhabi-Again-191240

Didn't he decline the initial rematch in Brazil?

It wasn't fair that his fight as champion was in Abu Dhabi.
Now, like he said, the champ is Islam, so he calls the shots.

In short, just bang bro.
He wasn’t champion, he got stripped of his title for very thing all the haters accuse Makhachev and Nurmagomedov for, Oliveira missed weight officially. The fight against Makhachev in Abu Dhabi was for the vacant title.

Back