Chandler has a single top 10 win his entire career

JustOnce

On Hiatus
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
It looks like UFC overpayed him possibly, thus pushing this guy hard. This guy got ktfo by a featherweight two fights ago. Lost twice to Will Brooks in his absolute prime. Has a single top 10 win in his entire career. Nobody knows how this guy will look like with USADA either.

If you ask me, I think Michael Chandler on paper matches up as well as anybody does at LW against Khabib, better than Justin does because if you don't use it you lose it and Chandler does wrestle in his fights, but I think depending on the match up UFC gives him, he might lose his first fight in the UFC.

Chandler is pretty good, but if he gets a title shot, it'd be pretty fucked up. There's no way no how he deserves that. I think he should work his way up from the bottom of the top 10 at the very best. And if he does, I think it's more likely than not he never gets the title shot, but if you gift him the title shot, he's talented enough to always show up and beat anyone at LW.

Chandler is elite. LW is such that unless you’re Khabib, you’re gonna win some and lose some. I’m sure Chandler will be no different. He finished prime Alvarez. Eddie won the UFC belt and finished Gaethje. We know Chandler is at least UFC level.

It looks like UFC overpayed him possibly, thus pushing this guy hard. This guy got ktfo by a featherweight two fights ago. Lost twice to Will Brooks in his absolute prime. Has a single top 10 win in his entire career. Nobody knows how this guy will look like with USADA either.

If you ask me, I think Michael Chandler on paper matches up as well as anybody does at LW against Khabib, better than Justin does because if you don't use it you lose it and Chandler does wrestle in his fights, but I think depending on the match up UFC gives him, he might lose his first fight in the UFC.

Chandler is pretty good, but if he gets a title shot, it'd be pretty fucked up. There's no way no how he deserves that. I think he should work his way up from the bottom of the top 10 at the very best. And if he does, I think it's more likely than not he never gets the title shot, but if you gift him the title shot, he's talented enough to always show up and beat anyone at LW.
Which is his top 10 win? The Benson win in 2016 or the Alvarez win in 2011?

According to Fightmatrix both were ranked #5 in the world when Chandler beat them.

http://www.fightmatrix.com/fighter-profile/Eddie+Alvarez/21242/ (October 2011 ranking)
http://www.fightmatrix.com/fighter-profile/Ben+Henderson/38348/ (October 2016 ranking)

Patricky Freire was ranked #10 according to Fightmatrix the last time he fought Chandler:

http://www.fightmatrix.com/fighter-profile/Patricky+Freire/30913/ (April 2019 ranking)

Conclusion: This entire thread is nonsense.

Last edited:
Feels like another Askren signing story.

How is it remotely similar? Askren was retired for over a year and a half before he joined the UFC. The first thing he did after leaving the UFC was get major hip surgery, something he needed before (and part of why he retired from One FC).

He had a laundry list of injuries from a lifetime of wrestling that had him leave a very lucrative career in One FC literally getting paid hundreds of thousands to can crush.

Askren when he was trying to get into the UFC back in 2012 would have been interesting. The guy that took his last chance at fighting in the UFC was nothing like he was years before.

Chandler on the other hand his been very active, win or lose and is ostensibly in his prime right now.

been saying it since the start that I think Chandler's gonna get chewed up by the top-10

Think he's better than Alvarez but then again Alvarez did get rocket boosted to that title shot. Probably top 5 can see him beating Conor. Thing with him and Alvarez it's cause they are big stars in the B promotion they have more leverage than objectively better fighters who are in the UFC. They aren't just paying for Chandler they are paying to take him away from Bellator.

Rankings don't matter

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back