Chandler has a single top 10 win his entire career

lol prime Askren absolutely mauled Koreshkov and Lima. It's absurd that people disrespect him.
Right ? Askren made UFC legends look silly. He toyed with Robbie before choking him out, injured Masvidals knee in like 5 seconds and then was so bored by Maia's lack of skill, he fell asleep during the fight.

Chandler has more heart than 99,9% of UFC fighters and actually does this shit for the love of the sport, not money.
Doesn't matter how many "Top 10" wins he has according to you, now he's in the UFC and can prove himself.

Why do you make such horrible fighter bashing threads?

It’s ok to dislike certain fighters or organizations or even wme as a whole but FFS stop with this constant fighter bashing.

With your logic each weight class should only have the undisputed champion in it and they can stream heavy bag Workouts or jerk off sessions at ppvs

He's beaten Bendo twice, Pantricky twice, and Eddie.

Those are 2 top 10 ATG LW's and Patricky is a damn good LW who would probably be top 10 if he was in the UFC. But people have a bias about UFC being the best no matter what.

It’s dog shit. Just say it. He only got signed because of how much he self advocates. No one thinks his skills translate to the ufc top 10

Anyone with a brain knows he's been a top 10 arguably top 5 fighter for like 9 years

Give him the Alvarez treatment. Throw him into deep waters once he gets in so top 10. Then let's take it from there based on how he does

It’s dog shit. Just say it. He only got signed because of how much he self advocates. No one thinks his skills translate to the ufc top 10

2020 noob has no clue what he's talking about, what a surprise!!
Should we cut everyone that isn't Top 10, according to you?

lol @ no one thinks his skills translate, ALOT of the fighters on his record are UFC level easily.

It looks like UFC overpayed him possibly, thus pushing this guy hard. This guy got ktfo by a featherweight two fights ago. Lost twice to Will Brooks in his absolute prime. Has a single top 10 win in his entire career. Nobody knows how this guy will look like with USADA either.

If you ask me, I think Michael Chandler on paper matches up as well as anybody does at LW against Khabib, better than Justin does because if you don't use it you lose it and Chandler does wrestle in his fights, but I think depending on the match up UFC gives him, he might lose his first fight in the UFC.

Chandler is pretty good, but if he gets a title shot, it'd be pretty fucked up. There's no way no how he deserves that. I think he should work his way up from the bottom of the top 10 at the very best. And if he does, I think it's more likely than not he never gets the title shot, but if you gift him the title shot, he's talented enough to always show up and beat anyone at LW.
giphy (2).gif

Im thinking this makes sense for chandler and nates return

How is it remotely similar? Askren was retired for over a year and a half before he joined the UFC. The first thing he did after leaving the UFC was get major hip surgery, something he needed before (and part of why he retired from One FC).

He had a laundry list of injuries from a lifetime of wrestling that had him leave a very lucrative career in One FC literally getting paid hundreds of thousands to can crush.

Askren when he was trying to get into the UFC back in 2012 would have been interesting. The guy that took his last chance at fighting in the UFC was nothing like he was years before.

Chandler on the other hand his been very active, win or lose and is ostensibly in his prime right now.
He is about 3-4 years removed from his prime, but still elite.

ITT: UFC propaganda victims actually believing that anyone outside the UFC is a shit fighter.

Are you fans of MMA or just fans of the corporation that is called the UFC?

2020 noob has no clue what he's talking about, what a surprise!!
Should we cut everyone that isn't Top 10, according to you?
lol @ no one thinks his skills translate, ALOT of the fighters on his record are UFC level easily.
Talk to me once he gets smoked. Like the title says.. he was 1 top ten on his resume and has gotten whooped by a handful of bellator fighters

I didn’t say he shouldn’t have been signed. But to be signed high dollar and thrown in the top 5 mix? Embarrassment

ITT: UFC propaganda victims actually believing that anyone outside the UFC is a shit fighter.

Are you fans of MMA or just fans of the corporation that is called the UFC?
i like high level mma.
name 5 high level fights from bellator that were not 1 sided and also entertaining

Talk to me once he gets smoked. Like the title says.. he was 1 top ten on his resume and has gotten whooped by a handful of bellator fighters

I didn’t say he shouldn’t have been signed. But to be signed high dollar and thrown in the top 5 mix? Embarrassment

It would prove nothing even if he gets smoked LOL what the fuck man. Everyone loses at LW except one guy.
I actually agree with you that he doesn't deserve a Top 5 fight but HOW is that Chandlers fault, dude? It's actually the UFC disrespecting their LW division and their fighters, not Chandler.

i like high level mma.
name 5 high level fights from bellator that were not 1 sided and also entertaining

Believe me man, I absolutely loathe Bellator for the shit they are putting on but how is that Chandlers fault and how can you not see that Chandler loves this sport, is a good fighter that actually comes to fight, and has lots of heart and will surely put on decent fights even if he doesn't get to be champ?

I think Bellator hasn't been the #2 Promotion for almost half a decade now.

He's a great addition to LW, whether you like Bellator not.

Believe me man, I absolutely loathe Bellator for the shit they are putting on but how is that Chandlers fault and how can you not see that Chandler loves this sport, is a good fighter that actually comes to fight, and has lots of heart and will surely put on decent fights even if he doesn't get to be champ?

I think Bellator hasn't been the #2 Promotion for almost half a decade now.

He's a great addition to LW, whether you like Bellator not.
valid.
i dont disagree that he is a good addition.
and 100% agree that they have been putting up shit cards since coming back and long before covid.
curious who you see as #2 right now as far as orgs go

No its not lol. How could signing one of the best if not the best LW outside the UFC be questionable?

You don't know anything about MMA. Chandler is a great fighter. He may not be championship material, or even top 5 in the UFC, but he is definitely skilled and worthy of being there.

I appreciate your enthusiasm..

However there is talk about chandler vs ferg, dustin, justin etc..

While it's not chandlers' fault the ufc is eager to push him he did nothing to make fans expect a top 5 spot..

Basically.. if they signed him for the kind of money they'd honey dick a future contender/champ for i think they misjudged..

The thing with Chandler is that he likely spent his best years in Bellator, he could put something together but he could definitely go the way of Will Brooks, who was dominant and beat Chandler twice, but completely fell off the map when he got his chance in the UFC.

curious who you see as #2 right now as far as orgs go

ONE FC.
I actually think ONE FC is the #1 MMA Organisation in the world because I don't consider UFC to be an MMA org, it's a pseudo-sport popularity contest that has nothing to do with what MMA is about. Rules, rankings and everything can be broken at will.

But I call UFC #1 and ONE FC #2 because I don't wanna get into that discussion which is a very very big one.

Back