Chandler has a single top 10 win his entire career

ONE FC.
I actually think ONE FC is the #1 MMA Organisation in the world because I don't consider UFC to be an MMA org, it's a pseudo-sport popularity contest that has nothing to do with what MMA is about. Rules, rankings and everything can be broken at will.

But I call UFC #1 and ONE FC #2 because I don't wanna get into that discussion which is a very very big one.
<JackieThumbsUp>
i like what one is doing. rizin had potential but they kind of let the flame die out when it was hot

Imagine waving your own fight off. Lol Chandler did that.

It's all about matchups. I watched a bunch of Chandlers fights on youtube and the guy is a monster. If you give him a bad matchup he could look terrible but against most everyone outside the top 5 he's going to do great. He's also a very exiting fighter who will be a ton of fun to watch.

i like high level mma.
name 5 high level fights from bellator that were not 1 sided and also entertaining
Alvarez vs Huerta
Alvarez vs Chander 1 & 2
Curran vs Pitbull 1
Lima vs Saunders 2
Shlemenko vs Cooper 1 & 2

There's 7 off the top of my head. Happy to help.

It would prove nothing even if he gets smoked LOL what the fuck man. Everyone loses at LW except one guy.
I actually agree with you that he doesn't deserve a Top 5 fight but HOW is that Chandlers fault, dude? It's actually the UFC disrespecting their LW division and their fighters, not Chandler.
So what are you arguing?
A fighter at his skill at his age would not have been signed by the ufc typically. They certainly wouldn’t get a rushed title shot. This is because chandler talks a big fancy game on all the talk shows and has rallied fans behind him as some sort of khabib killer. It’s a farce, and his signing is trash frankly

I think him being a late minute replacement for the title was one thing but now that that opportunity has passed he should be thrown into the mix with the rest of the guys to see if he's truly elite first.

It looks like UFC overpayed him possibly, thus pushing this guy hard. This guy got ktfo by a featherweight two fights ago. Lost twice to Will Brooks in his absolute prime. Has a single top 10 win in his entire career. Nobody knows how this guy will look like with USADA either.

If you ask me, I think Michael Chandler on paper matches up as well as anybody does at LW against Khabib, better than Justin does because if you don't use it you lose it and Chandler does wrestle in his fights, but I think depending on the match up UFC gives him, he might lose his first fight in the UFC.

Chandler is pretty good, but if he gets a title shot, it'd be pretty fucked up. There's no way no how he deserves that. I think he should work his way up from the bottom of the top 10 at the very best. And if he does, I think it's more likely than not he never gets the title shot, but if you gift him the title shot, he's talented enough to always show up and beat anyone at LW.

Eddie and Bendo. Isn't that 2 at least?

I have no problem with the guy but TS is actually kind of right with him not deserving a top matchup too many guys have done work to get there and he's coming off Bendo, Outlaw and getting TKOd by Patricio Freire

Chandler vs Tsarukyan would be very nice
Chandler vs Iaquinta would be excellent

Chandler vs Kevin Lee as well but I doubt Dana would roll Chandler out like that

He most def does not deserve a top 5 and the rest of the top 10 is either booked or on way better streaks like Oliveira, CDF or Islam

He will be around Paul Felder level in UFC. Chandler has skills, but he is old and has been beaten up in his prime quite a few times

Which is his top 10 win? The Benson win in 2016 or the Alvarez win in 2011?

According to Fightmatrix both were ranked #5 in the world when Chandler beat them.

http://www.fightmatrix.com/fighter-profile/Eddie+Alvarez/21242/ (October 2011 ranking)
http://www.fightmatrix.com/fighter-profile/Ben+Henderson/38348/ (October 2016 ranking)

Patricky Freire was ranked #10 according to Fightmatrix the last time he fought Chandler:

http://www.fightmatrix.com/fighter-profile/Patricky+Freire/30913/ (April 2019 ranking)

Conclusion: This entire thread is nonsense.
those rankings suck if patricky pitbull is anywhere near the lw top 10.

lw is among the deepest divisions in the sport. a bellator guy with near double digit losses, never held a world title, is not top 10 lol

that discredits there whole ranking system

and bendo moved to 170 before his ufc exit. he exited 155 with 2 losses to cerrone and rda. by 2016 he was not a top 10 guy at lw. its pretty evident watching him, and thats also why he moved over to bellator. bendo in 2016 is not the bendo from the early 2010s

Taking note of all the chandler doubters in here.
n8pxgjtj81t11.jpg

and bendo moved to 170 before his ufc exit. he exited 155 with 2 losses to cerrone and rda. by 2016 he was not a top 10 guy at lw. its pretty evident watching him, and thats also why he moved over to bellator. bendo in 2016 is not the bendo from the early 2010s
That loss to Cerrone was a razor thin decision many thought he won.

That loss to Cerrone was a razor thin decision many thought he won.
payback for his many sketchy decision wins i suppose

either way, bendo in 2016 or in bellator in general is not the bendo 2-3 years prior. doesnt sound like a long time but the guy just fell off outta nowhere.

i could see in the 11-15 range, but top 10? i dont think so. and the fact patricky was ranked #10 in that system is laughable. he got stiffened by chandler in 2 minutes.

It looks like UFC overpayed him possibly, thus pushing this guy hard. This guy got ktfo by a featherweight two fights ago. Lost twice to Will Brooks in his absolute prime. Has a single top 10 win in his entire career. Nobody knows how this guy will look like with USADA either.

If you ask me, I think Michael Chandler on paper matches up as well as anybody does at LW against Khabib, better than Justin does because if you don't use it you lose it and Chandler does wrestle in his fights, but I think depending on the match up UFC gives him, he might lose his first fight in the UFC.

Chandler is pretty good, but if he gets a title shot, it'd be pretty fucked up. There's no way no how he deserves that. I think he should work his way up from the bottom of the top 10 at the very best. And if he does, I think it's more likely than not he never gets the title shot, but if you gift him the title shot, he's talented enough to always show up and beat anyone at LW.
After a few fights dana gonna give him the Lombard deal.

payback for his many sketchy decision wins i suppose

either way, bendo in 2016 or in bellator in general is not the bendo 2-3 years prior. doesnt sound like a long time but the guy just fell off outta nowhere.

i could see in the 11-15 range, but top 10? i dont think so. and the fact patricky was ranked #10 in that system is laughable. he got stiffened by chandler in 2 minutes.
I agree he's obviously past his prime but he's not some complete bum or anything.

Back