Chandler does not deserve a T5 fight. Period.

Give him someone like Dober, Gillespie, Lee, or Oliveira....someone in the T6-15.

Beat someone in that category first to prove yourself, then you'll get a shot at Hooker/Ferguson/Gaethje/Conor/Poirier.[/QUThis is dumb!
Give him someone like Dober, Gillespie, Lee, or Oliveira....someone in the T6-15.

Beat someone in that category first to prove yourself, then you'll get a shot at Hooker/Ferguson/Gaethje/Conor/Poirier.
This is dumb! Hooker, Ferguson, and Gaethje are all coming off losses, and make pefect sense as opponents for him.
Yeah that's what everyone wants to see is dober vs chandler! Chandler gots heat and he's exciting, throw him in there with the big dogs, thats what i want..

Chandler gets beaten by everyone in the top 10. Maybe he escapes with a couple of wins, but he’s 2-8 if he fights ten times

Beat someone in that category first to prove yourself, then you'll get a shot at Hooker/Ferguson/Gaethje/Conor/Poirier.

Yea ...no title shot off the bat i agree but anyone in the top 10 works for him IMO... He doesnt need to be fighting fringe contenders or beyond spot number 10

You are not the one signing his checks, Dana is, and to get his money's worth he must fight a T5 in a probably main event or co-main PPV spot, it is what it is.

of course there is in between. they aren't just one or the other. they are brought and where they go from there is based on how they perform. it's not pre-ordained.
If that were true then he wouldn’t have been a replacement for a LW title fight before he’d ever fought in the organization. He’s maybe the third best LW in Bellator. Where they go depends on how loudly they talk into a microphone and how much Dana likes them. If merit mattered his name wouldn’t have been mentioned in the same breath as Tony or ANY top 5.
Sure, in between exists. But not this time.

You are not the one signing his checks, Dana is, and to get his money's worth he must fight a T5 in a probably main event or co-main PPV spot, it is what it is.
And that's what he deserves too! Why should he have to start from the bottom? Hes put hiw work in this sport regardless of organization, he's had big wins and big wins over ufc fighters. And he's exciting. You dont sign Michael Chandler to throw him in with bums and build him up. it's sink or swim time

Chandler gonna end up like Will Brooks.

Well if he loses this fight it will prove you are right but theirs only one way to find out.

If that were true then he wouldn’t have been a replacement for a LW title fight before he’d ever fought in the organization. He’s maybe the third best LW in Bellator. Where they go depends on how loudly they talk into a microphone and how much Dana likes them. If merit mattered his name wouldn’t have been mentioned in the same breath as Tony or ANY top 5.
Sure, in between exists. But not this time.

so is he fodder to make the competition look bad or a title contender?

and reality is most top contenders don't want to be on the sidelines as a replacement fighter with no fight lined up......

Didn’t he make weight for the sole purpose of being an alternate for the khabib fight Incase it called for one. That should be rewarded.
Now we’re rewarding fighters for making weight? For a fight they had no business being an alternate in?
Was this ever an actual sport or was I just some naive little shit

so is he fodder to make the competition look bad or a title contender?
In practical terms he’s cannon fodder. A title contender in my opinion is someone who’s earned consideration for a shot with multiple victories over increasingly challenging competition.

In UFC terms cannon fodder is everyone on the roster, and a title contender is whoever Dana likes that week

In practical terms he’s cannon fodder. A title contender in my opinion is someone who’s earned consideration for a shot with multiple victories over increasingly challenging competition.

In UFC terms cannon fodder is everyone on the roster, and a title contender is whoever Dana likes that week

he's fodder until he wins a few fights. that's my point. his destiny isn't predetermined. he's not one or the other.

I don't think they paid him what they did to have him fight guys no one cares about.

TITLE SHOT- noooo way

TOP 5 - He does deserves it.....he is been a top dog for a long time in the second best MMA Org.........The respect has to be given....

Yeah, he definitely still has some residual benefits of whatever he was taking in Bellator. I think it's good he didn't fight in October on the Khabib-Gaethje card...he wouldn't look any different than he did in Bellator.
Unless he had an exemption for a short notice fight, he's not eligible to fight until he's been tested for at least six months.

I'm not sure if the rules on that have changed at all since the Lesnar fiasco; @dim_ ?

Unless he had an exemption for a short notice fight, he's not eligible to fight until he's been tested for at least six months.

I'm not sure if the rules on that have changed at all since the Lesnar fiasco; @dim_ ?

I'm not sure but Chandler was the backup for Khabib-Gaethje if either of them got injured, COVID, etc. I don't understand how that works either. Rumble can't fight until Feb. 2021 though I'm pretty sure he went into the testing pool before Chandler.

Ok I get it. We're shortening the word "top" now.. because you know.. it's too long of a word.

Back