Chandler does not deserve a T5 fight. Period.

Give him someone like Dober, Gillespie, Lee, or Oliveira....someone in the T6-15.

Beat someone in that category first to prove yourself, then you'll get a shot at Hooker/Ferguson/Gaethje/Conor/Poirier.

You need to remove the word “DESERVE” when talking about the UFC. It’s about marketability and the fight fans want to see. And fans want to see how Bellator guys do against top UFC dudes

fuck it,if he wants to fight gatekeepers and irrelevant people just book him against makachaev/kevin lee

Pretty sure you're wrong! Chandler vs Poirier is a legit co main on a ppv. chandler vs Dober is a prelim main event

That's because Poirier is a bigger draw than Dober. Its not because of Chandler. Maybe partly but not much imho

You are not the one signing his checks, Dana is, and to get his money's worth he must fight a T5 in a probably main event or co-main PPV spot, it is what it is.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Dana hasn't paid him right? Or was there a signing bonus? If he's only paid when he fights, the UFC hasn't invested in him yet.

Guys like Arlosvki and Overeem are paid a lot to fight but they aren't headlining or co-maining PPVs.

I’m not against Chandler getting one of the elite guys, but the fact that he demanding to comain UFC 256 Just tells me he doesn’t want that 5 round smoke. Doesn’t want to be the main event, I honestly find this pretty weak for a guy who thinks he’s going to compete for a belt.

The ufc says he does

/Thread

Correct me if I'm wrong but Dana hasn't paid him right? Or was there a signing bonus? If he's only paid when he fights, the UFC hasn't invested in him yet.

Guys like Arlosvki and Overeem are paid a lot to fight but they aren't headlining or co-maining PPVs.
Askren came into the UFC making 350k a fight and he wasn't even the co-main in his UFC debut.

Give him someone like Dober, Gillespie, Lee, or Oliveira....someone in the T6-15.

Beat someone in that category first to prove yourself, then you'll get a shot at Hooker/Ferguson/Gaethje/Conor/Poirier.
They're paying him better than almost anyone in the division other than Khabib and Conor.

Because they believe in his talent and potential.

He has been a top level fighter for a long time. Just because you don't see it, means nothing

There's no way he will get anything less than a top level fight, nor should he.

Dude got knocked out by a 145'er less than 2 years ago. Is he some superstar? Is he bringing a million extra PPV buys or something? What am I missing?
He lost to another very good fighter.

Styles also make fights.

It changes little. Chandler is a top level fighter and has been for a long time.

Try looking at tape and study skillsets, not wikipedia if you want any real answers.

Explain the business behind putting someone who got knocked out by a featherweight less than 2 years ago and has ZERO UFC LW wins vs. a LW title contender...is Chandler bringing millions of eyeballs to a PPV event? I think not. I mean, I could understand it if he had some ungodly following of fans that the UFC just couldn't ignore but he doesn't. I see no "business" behind putting Chandler against a T5 fighter...
You aren't seeing the bigger picture.

Like another poster said, try looking at things through the eyes of the UFC. Who, by the way are also exceptional judges of talent and potential.

Askren came into the UFC making 350k a fight and he wasn't even the co-main in his UFC debut.

Exactly, so its not like Chandler's contract REQUIRES him to fight a top 5 opponent for it to make financial sense.

UFC and Chandler just prefer it that way. UFC prefers it so they can show that Bellator's fighters aren't as good (when Chandler loses) and Chandler prefers it because he thinks he can become a UFC champion.

Didn’t he make weight for the sole purpose of being an alternate for the khabib fight Incase it called for one. That should be rewarded.
He was paid for that. AND rewarded with exposure on a ufc ppv that's seen by more than all his fights.

There probably going to let conor ko him for easy fight

He lost to another very good fighter.

Styles also make fights.

It changes little. Chandler is a top level fighter and has been for a long time.

Try looking at tape and study skillsets, not wikipedia if you want any real answers.

Each is timestamped

Well he got a paycheck for 254 backup.

I don't know what you mean about Overeem, he's literally been headliner or ppv since he entered the ufc with the only exception that controversial time they bumped him for cm punk.

They don’t pay these named guys from other orgs to be no names in the UFC. You’re either fodder to make the competition look bad or you’re a title contender. No in between
True, e.g. Alvares, Brooks, Gaethje, Jiri, and Lins

Well he got a paycheck for 254 backup.

I don't know what you mean about Overeem, he's literally been headliner or ppv since he entered the ufc with the only exception that controversial time they bumped him for cm punk.

So they haven't invested in Chandler yet.

And Overeem hasn't headlined a PPV in ages. My reply was to someone who claimed than Chandler's fight pay requires him to be in a main event (of a PPV) or co-main of a PPV for it to make financial sense for the UFC. This is simply not true.

Each is timestamped

Khabib should be taken with a grain of salt at times.

Chandler talked shit and he threw some shade back. It's just his way of talking shit I feel. He's been playing the game for a while.

Deep down I don't think anybody denies Chandler's skills. Including Khabib.

There's so many variables, can't really just look at someone's record and have an accurate overall read of where they measure up.

Back