Chandler does not deserve a T5 fight. Period.

FrankDux

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Give him someone like Dober, Gillespie, Lee, or Oliveira....someone in the T6-15.

Beat someone in that category first to prove yourself, then you'll get a shot at Hooker/Ferguson/Gaethje/Conor/Poirier.

He knows he'll be Will Brooks V2 and that's why he wants to clean up while he can.

LOL at deserve and UFC.

It's a business not a meritocracy.
you don't think you can earn your place in the ufc with your history and performances outside the ufc?

They don’t pay these named guys from other orgs to be no names in the UFC. You’re either fodder to make the competition look bad or you’re a title contender. No in between
of course there is in between. they aren't just one or the other. they are brought and where they go from there is based on how they perform. it's not pre-ordained.

you don't think you can earn your place in the ufc with your history and performances outside the ufc?

Sure.

But the UFC's priority isn't to be fair...it is to make money.

Look at all the 2 weight champions the UFC love to go on about. Barely a single one ever earned both belts......but they brought in the $$$$$.

It's the UFC. It's based off favor, not merit. The shiny new toy is always going to get better treatment than the old ones. Deserve has fuck all to do with it.

Sure.

But the UFC's priority isn't to be fair...it is to make money.

Look at all the 2 weight champions the UFC love to go on about. Barely a single one ever earned both belts......but they brought in the $$$$$.
most multiple weight champions in boxing didn't earn their way up each weight class they won a title.

it's all a mix of merit and money of course. i agree the big picture objective is to run a business to make money.

most multiple weight champions in boxing didn't earn their way up each weight class they won a title.

it's all a mix of merit and money of course. i agree the big picture objective is to run a business to make money.

Boxing is largely the same, yes.

Chandler last fought for Bellator in August, signed with the UFC in September, and only started USADA drug testing in the third quarter of this year, so he likely started testing in September; I don't want to see him getting a title shot until at least September of 2021.

LOL at deserve and UFC.

It's a business not a meritocracy.

Explain the business behind putting someone who got knocked out by a featherweight less than 2 years ago and has ZERO UFC LW wins vs. a LW title contender...is Chandler bringing millions of eyeballs to a PPV event? I think not. I mean, I could understand it if he had some ungodly following of fans that the UFC just couldn't ignore but he doesn't. I see no "business" behind putting Chandler against a T5 fighter...

Chandler last fought for Bellator in August, signed with the UFC in September, and only started USADA drug testing in the third quarter of this year, so he likely started testing in September; I don't want to see him getting a title shot until at least September of 2021.

Yeah, he definitely still has some residual benefits of whatever he was taking in Bellator. I think it's good he didn't fight in October on the Khabib-Gaethje card...he wouldn't look any different than he did in Bellator.

Give him someone like Dober, Gillespie, Lee, or Oliveira....someone in the T6-15.

Beat someone in that category first to prove yourself, then you'll get a shot at Hooker/Ferguson/Gaethje/Conor/Poirier.
The problem is, you're not thinking like the UFC/Dana. Chandler was acquired precisely for the purpose of immediately fighting top tier opposition, even for the belt. He's in the UFC to either become a new star, or to be used to argue that Bellator is inferior to the UFC. No way, they are going to waste him in fights that won't yield a return on their investment.

Didn’t he make weight for the sole purpose of being an alternate for the khabib fight Incase it called for one. That should be rewarded.

The problem is, you're not thinking like the UFC/Dana. Chandler was acquired precisely for the purpose of immediately fighting top tier opposition, even for the belt. He's in the UFC to either become a new star, or to be used to argue that Bellator is inferior to the UFC. No way, they are going to waste him in fights that won't yield a return on their investment.

Dude got knocked out by a 145'er less than 2 years ago. Is he some superstar? Is he bringing a million extra PPV buys or something? What am I missing?

Back