Chandler does not deserve a T5 fight. Period.

So they haven't invested in Chandler yet.

And Overeem hasn't headlined a PPV in ages. My reply was to someone who claimed than Chandler's fight pay requires him to be in a main event (of a PPV) or co-main of a PPV for it to make financial sense for the UFC. This is simply not true.
I doubt he's really bringing in any revenue.

Although they're definitely not paying him those dollars to have him fight anything but top 5. Wouldn't really make much sense.

He's had some losses, but he's still been a top 5 - championship level fighter for a long time now. The UFC knows this as well.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Dana hasn't paid him right? Or was there a signing bonus? If he's only paid when he fights, the UFC hasn't invested in him yet.

Guys like Arlosvki and Overeem are paid a lot to fight but they aren't headlining or co-maining PPVs.
Pretty sure they paid him to travel, be the backup and make a weight cut, they are using his image for promotional purposes also.

And well, if he fights, he will get a check...the UFC will make sure he fights an opponent worthy of said check.

Each is timestamped

This is how Chandler reacted when he heard that Khabib mentioned his name. ezgif-3-28ca2bc45113.gif

He reacted:
"Can’t wait to prove you wrong @teamkhabib ...see you soon."

He was so happy that Khabib mentioned his name.

They should just stop signing top talents on big money from rival organisations if they do that.

Like cm punk?
he earned his place as a bottom feeder for 2 fights by being famous. not sure why people refer to that as anything other than a one off experiment that didn't work. if you're not famous to begin with, then cm punk doesn't really have any meaning.....

Pretty sure they paid him to travel, be the backup and make a weight cut, they are using his image for promotional purposes also.

And well, if he fights, he will get a check...the UFC will make sure he fights an opponent worthy of said check.

In other words, there hasn't been an up-front investment where they need to give him a top opponent to recoup.

His Abu Dhabi expenses were to have a backup fighter ready and his next fights purse depends on his next fight contract.

Like I said, vets like Arlovski, Reem and BJ were being paid a fair bit without needing to headline or co-main PPVs.

I’d say give him a jobber in his debut. If he wins impressively then give him a contender and so on.

Give him someone like Dober, Gillespie, Lee, or Oliveira....someone in the T6-15.

Beat someone in that category first to prove yourself, then you'll get a shot at Hooker/Ferguson/Gaethje/Conor/Poirier.
Idiot. You should be banned for posting this level of stupidity.

Give him someone like Dober, Gillespie, Lee, or Oliveira....someone in the T6-15.

Beat someone in that category first to prove yourself, then you'll get a shot at Hooker/Ferguson/Gaethje/Conor/Poirier.
Yeah don't you look stupid.

Back