• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media *** CHAMA!!! Alex Pereira UFC 303 Victory & Aftermath Thread ***

You can’t deny the craziness of his career. Not so many fights on his resume and yet filled with top names.
Easy with the GOAT talks though.

Hes phenomenal. He has became greatest of all time on very short period of time. He always picks toughest fights possible. Hes not like Jon Jones who refuses to fight young and talented interim champion in Aspinal but instead fights 50 years old firefighter who hasn't fought in almost 5 years. Alex Pereira is also very likable and true gentleman.
Was ko'ed flat a handful of fights ago.

He is top 15 for sure, possibly in the higher end of top 10. He needs like several more title defences though until we can compare his career with Jones.

Hes the MVP of the UFC right now but beating Jiri, Strickland, Jan, Hill, and going 1-1 with Izzy does not make you GOAT or bring you near the ballpark.

He is top 15 for sure, possibly in the higher end of top 10. He needs like several more title defences though until we can compare his career with Jones.
He doesn’t have the luxury of time. His only option is high-risk, high-reward match ups that he has currently been winning.

Delusional fanboy.

Recency bias Shertard requirement for becoming GOAT:

Go 1-1 with Izzy
Go life and death with 41 year old Jan
Knock out contender series Hill
Knock out LHW Tony Ferguson Jiri

"GOAT"

🥴🥴🥴🥴

Last edited:
I came here wondering how many titles I'd read before this one.

Alex is impressive, fun, ballsy, all sorts of really good things that are great for fans, but GOAT ain't one of them.

Of all Time is inclusive of a full body of work, not just what you've done for me lately. Alex has a good few more defenses to get in before laying claim to GOAT, and I'm not just talking about Jones.

Last edited:
If he continues to win impressively and beats back Father Time, he may begin to be in the discussion.
For him to be considered as such, the consensus would need to be that the cut to 185 was too much at this point in his career.

While I’m a fan, I’m dubious as to his GOAT status.

Here we go again, with the Jones bashing. Let me know when Alex has defended the belt about 13 more times like Jon did, and then maybe we can talk about GOAT. Until then, forget it.
Jones himself seems to disagree with you and everyone else that thinks he is some sort of GOAT contender. Why else would he feel the need to take PEDs over and over again? Cause he knows that without them he is not that special.

It's fine to dismiss Jon from GOAT debates for doping.

But if we're just looking at records, it's hard to match Alex' record with Jon's.

Alex has 6 title fights: Izzy, Izzy 2, Jan, Jiri, Jamal, Jiri 2
That's equivalent to where Jones was 2013 after he beat Shogun, Rampage, Lyoto, Rashad, Vitor, Chael.
Then Jon went on to fight Gus, Glover, DC, OSP, DC 2, Gus 2, Smith, Santos, Reyes, Gane

I know sherdog loves to hate on Jon's record for beating former middleweights, but I think it's such a solid list of names I'm still impressed.

However I do think that Jon should not be on numba one on the P4P list cause he is really just 1-1 since 2020, cause he should've lost to Reyes
(The Santos fight was also super close, with 1 official judges and 1 sherdog judge giving the fight to Thiago)

Last edited:
It’s borderline impossible to become the GOAT entering the fray at his age.

Just enjoy the fights he’s having and the jimmies he’s rustling while we can.

Alex is no where near the GOAT. He beat freaking Jiri lol, and all of a sudden he is in the GOAT discussion lol.

Ya'll nut ride anybody after a win.

Bones will never fight this guy
Especially after he loses to Stipe

{<hhh]

Back