Chael was the rightful MW champ (of WEC)

Remember that first fight where he made Chael scream bloody murder? The good times.

It was no longer a MW fight, how can you win a title if the fight is no longer in said division?
These guys aren't very bright, don't mind them.

Also Filho was fighting two opponents that night, Chael and a ghost. Filho never signed up for fighting two opponents.

Nah not really, you have a gross problem gauguing the difference between height and size, my friend
bah... more than height > reach.

"Okami blahblahblah..."

lol.png

Exactly. I'd say both though.
Yeah the Okami one was epic hahaha
"huge reach advantage"...
... Not even above average in the division
<{blankeye}>

Are you a manlet in real life? maybe there is a complex there
Cool story, ya paella-eater.

1. North American MMA is sanctioned by the Association of Boxing Commissions. Most of the standards and practices are derived from boxing, ie the ten point must system.

2. Silva/Lutter and Whittaker/Romero 2 are not comparable situations. When the challenger doesn't make weight, he's not eligible to win the title, so the belt isn't being defended.

Also, you're wrong about the UFC not using the same rule. We saw a similar scenario just a few months ago when Benavidez fought Figueiredo for the vacant FlyW title.

Figueiredo couldn't win the belt because he missed weight, but it was still on the line for Benavidez even though it was technically a catchweight bout.

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020...n-plus-27-norfolk-title-fight-benavidez-video

This is the exact standard that should have been applied in Chael/Filho 2. WEC management shit the bed because a champ missing weight hadn't happened yet in a major MMA org, and surprising, hasn't happened since.

3. See 2.

1. Key word "most"

2. Both are comparable because there was an actual champion and one of the fighters did not make weight, just like Sonnen/Filho. Both have to make weight or it's a non title fight.

3. Key word "vacant" there was no champion so in that instance someone could win the belt even if the other missed weight.

Chael made weight and won. He fulfilled all obligations as challenger to become champion. He’s speaking to what SHOULD happen not what DOES happen.
It does happen now though. I forget which fight it was recently, maybe Yoel, where if the one fighter won he wouldn't be champ bc he missed weight. But I might be getting details mixed up or forgotten

Cool story, ya paella-eater.

Lol. Paella is more of a Mediterranean thing, from the city of Daniel Tabera. I'm from the other corner, we are more into seafood over here.

If you wish any more help to discern length and size, or maybe some nudes, just let me now darling

It does happen now though. I forget which fight it was recently, maybe Yoel, where if the one fighter won he wouldn't be champ bc he missed weight. But I might be getting details mixed up or forgotten
That was for a interim title, not the actual title.

No, that happens in the UFC for interim or vacant title fights, it never happens for a title fight where there's already a champion.

Do you have an example to support your claim? You’re acting as if there is a precedent here, but I’m pretty sure the champ has always made weight. You can’t argue as if there is a precedent when there is no such precedent. Without a precedent, this is just your opinion. Stop pretending your opinion is a fact.

Lol. Paella is more of a Mediterranean thing, from the city of Daniel Tabera. I'm from the other corner, we are more into seafood over here.

If you wish any more help to discern length and size, or maybe some nudes, just let me now darling
B ahan.gif

Do you have an example to support your claim? You’re acting as if there is a precedent here, but I’m pretty sure the champ has always made weight. You can’t argue as if there is a precedent when there is no such precedent. Without a precedent, this is just your opinion. Stop pretending your opinion is a fact.
Every single title fight, that has an actual champion and not fighting for interim or a vacant title, where 1 fighter misses weight is an immediate non title fight.

Examples...
Filho/Sonnen
Silva/Lutter
Whittaker/Romero 2

Fights where fighters are fighting for an interim or vacant title where 1 fighter misses weight, the fighter that made weight is allowed to still win the belt while the other is not.

Examples...
Romero/Rockhold
Figueiredo/Benavidez

Those are facts, not my opinion

Every single title fight, that has an actual champion and not fighting for interim or a vacant title, where 1 fighter misses weight is an immediate non title fight.

Examples...
Filho/Sonnen
Silva/Lutter
Whittaker/Romero 2

Fights where fighters are fighting for an interim or vacant title where 1 fighter misses weight, the fighter that made weight is allowed to still win the belt while the other is not.

Examples...
Romero/Rockhold
Figueiredo/Benavidez

Those are facts, not my opinion

Every one of those instances are different from this one. We’re talking about cases where the Champion misses weight while defending. Obviously if a challenger misses weight they can’t win the title. The Filho-Sonnen title fight is unprecedented in Zuffa. Zuffa’s later handling of Romero/Rockhold and Figueiredo/Benevidaz suggest that the challenger would be eligible to win the belt, but since it is not the exact same scenario, this is just my opinion. See how that works?

Because it wasn't a MW title fight after Filho missed weight, didn't think it was that hard to comprehend.

Max still won the interim title after Pettis missed weight.

Every one of those instances are different from this one. We’re talking about cases where the Champion misses weight while defending. Obviously if a challenger misses weight they can’t win the title. The Filho-Sonnen title fight is unprecedented in Zuffa. Zuffa’s later handling of Romero/Rockhold and Figueiredo/Benevidaz suggest that the challenger would be eligible to win the belt, but since it is not the exact same scenario, this is just my opinion. See how that works?
Did you read what i just wrote?

None of those guys were champions, they're fighting for a title regardless because there is no champion or the champion is sidelined for an extended period of time.

Filho/Sonnen was non title because there was a champion and a fighter did not make weight, it doesn't matter champion or challenger, the belt is no longer on the line. Had the WEC stuck around, Filho would've been stripped and Sonnen would've likely fought someone for the vacant title.

It's not that hard to comprehend.

Back