Chael Sonnen:

at least he admits it, some Sherdog fans won't

I don't think so. If you look at the facts it just isn't likely. Historically Shogun has poor guillotine defense, dan threatened him with it a bunch, Chael saw that and exploited it.

I'll acknowledge that's what Chael believes, but its not something I agree with.

If you asked me about what was going to happen in this fight, I'd tell you that Chael won 5 times out of ten and Shogun won 5 times out of ten. I'd say the betting lines would be -0 and +0 because I believed it was an unpredictable and close fight. I'd say the same for Shogun vs Sonnen 2.

Last edited:
I think Chael is actually a respectful dude.
He talked cash shit about Silva and Jones and other fighters, but it seems like puts on that persona to pump fights. When the dust settles he usually seems quite respectful of opponents.

Chael still probably beats Rua every time, that was like 40 seconds of domination

Chael is a great sport, whether you like his pre-fight talking or not.

Good Guy Chael.
th

Gets the W but says it was luck to make his oppponent feel better.

Well he isn't saying he won because he was lucky, I think some people are confusing that in this thread. He is just saying how he won was lucky. Which is fair, it's pretty crazy he grabbed that move on Shogun. Even if he hadn't though, he was probably going to win that night. He was all over Shogun

Only Chael fans will come in and cry and say it's not lucky, even if the fighter himself said so.

some of you guys still like to pretend that shogun never lost fairly....

Who? point them out? Who has even hinted at that in this thread?

Why is it now that any thread that includes 'shogun' now has about 50 people saying "shogun fans are the worst/delusional/cry babies!" "Shitstorm of crying shogun fans incoming" And a load of gifs of him losing, but hardly any fans saying anything irrational, bitching or excuse making.

Guess who's turned into the whinny crybabies now? "Wha-shogun isn't as good as some think-wah" "this guys lost before, bet that makes you cry" it pretty pathetic really.

Who? point them out? Who has even hinted at that in this thread?

Why is it now that any thread that includes 'shogun' now has about 50 people saying "shogun fans are the worst/delusional/cry babies!" "Shitstorm of crying shogun fans incoming" And a load of gifs of him losing, but hardly any fans saying anything irrational, bitching or excuse making.

Guess who's turned into the whinny crybabies now? "Wha-shogun isn't as good as some think-wah" "this guys lost before, bet that makes you cry" it pretty pathetic really.

Every thread on every fighter contains that. Any opinion on anything in this forum instantly makes you a "fanboy" that is "butthurt" etc. It's so much easier to attempt to destroy the legitimacy of a statement than to address the content.

Every thread on every fighter contains that. Any opinion on anything in this forum instantly makes you a "fanboy" that is "butthurt" etc. It's so much easier to attempt to destroy the legitimacy of a statement than to address the content.

Well put, that last sentence could be the shertard manifesto

It was weird that Shogun tried to wrestle with Chael so much. It was a good choke though and he is definitely strong enough to do it again.

I agree. Shogun could have turned his lights out with one punch. Sonnen couldnt KO Shogun with a thousand punches. Chael saved himself some scar tissue.

He had about 10 seconds to land a shot before Chael power doubled him, so I doubt he could have done much.

only reason chael said that is because he was tired of shogun fanboys saying he got lucky. this way, he dont have to hear that anymore. chael showed legendary jui jitsu by subbing shogun rua, a true american hero.

Chael also said that he was gnna beat jon jones. He also said he would DIE without TRT. You can't just agree with him when it's useful for your argument. You people are THAT jealous that you have to hold on to this

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back