Chael Sonnen:

Just proves Chael is a lot smarter than some of his words and a lot of his fans...

At the end of the day, Chael won fairly and takes the spoils. There is no point arguing over who would have done what, if his luck hadnt been good. In real life, Shogun would be laying choked to death somewhere, and history itself is decided by stuff like this.

Chael saw a chance, took the chance and won. Sure it was lucky, but it was plucky as well, and fair play to him for doing so.

Shogun isnt really an easy guy to finish, or to sub, so it shouldnt be over stated as evidence of his decline however you look at it.

Wow, Chael said something humble and nice in the face of probably the nicest, least-controversial, and warm-fuzziest legend in MMA history?

Shocked!

Wow, Chael said something humble and nice in the face of probably the nicest, least-controversial, and warm-fuzziest legend in MMA history?

Shocked!

[YT]1BFtr8hRVbU[/YT]

I agree. Shogun could have turned his lights out with one punch. Sonnen couldnt KO Shogun with a thousand punches. Chael saved himself some scar tissue.

lol its funny how so many people pointed out the obvious after the fight n sonnen nut huggers went crazy saying how 10 out of 10 times chael wins that fight, its easy to tell who trains or has been in a fight on these forums and who just talks shit

He said getting the sub was lucky, he didn't say winning was lucky.

(Disclaimer: Can't stand Sonnen & his big, corny mouth, huge Shogun fan but I see the twilight ahead)

Sonnen is a lot of things IMO, very overrated is one of them, BUT he won that fight fair and luck was NOT a big factor, he took a risk & it paid off. My stomach fell out when Shogun lost, especially being a BJJ blackbelt, but Sonnen was better. It is what it is.

When not in 'schtick mode,' Sonnen seems to be one of the most genuine, caring guys in MMA TBH. You get a glimpse of it here and there and I've heard many stories of him allowing people to live in his house, training them for very low cost, etc. He just turns into a rotten bastard publicly when trying to generate interest and sales lol.

To the Shogun fans, no he didn't, he destroyed him.

I concur. I don't know if Chael would get that guillotine if they fought 10 more times, I do believe that Cheal wins 10 more times though. Chael is a stylistic nightmare for both Shogun and Wanderlei.

that fight showed us shogun is done

it was a sad moment

porps to shale for winning and for his words about this

unfortunately, i think shale would win again in a rematch

I still can't believe Shogun cried his eyes out in the cage after what chael did to him.

If Chael was always this decent, I'd respect him. The WWE bravado makes him such a tool. Yeah, it sells tickets and PPVs to those who enjoy the BS, I'd just prefer the sport not turn into more of a circus.

that fight showed us shogun is done

it was a sad moment

porps to shale for winning and for his words about this

unfortunately, i think shale would win again in a rematch

not the first time shogun got caught and tapped to a guillotine.

doesn't show he's done.

however getting caught in a sub and getting caught by henderson.. he's just been slipping a lot lately. doesn't mean he's done though..

This is why I like Chael. He keeps it real. It seems pretty obvious to me when Chael is playing it straight and when he's doing his gimmick.

lol at some of the thirsty Shogun fans clinging to this as if Sonnen is saying he couldn't beat Shogun. He put Shogun on his back in like four seconds. If they fought again it could go either way and I think I'd favor Sonnen a little bit.

What he said about Shogun is true as well. Shogun never makes excuses despite having some serious injuries in the past.

Last edited:
Chael being his usual, classy self out of character. He beats Shogun more often than not at this point in their career (barring the loss of TRT having a massive impact on Chael). The move itself, sure, nobody expected Chael to jump guard on a guillotine attempt. Winning though? He showed he was the better fighter that night.

I still can't believe Shogun cried his eyes out in the cage after what chael did to him.
When one of the LHW greats loses to a guy that's like 2-8 at LHW, you know you're officially finished.

Chael's best LHW win, before the Shogun victory, was Jason Lambert.

Think about that.

Last edited:
Back