Chael Sonnen:

Chael has really grown on me over the years. I really wouldn't mind if he took Dana White's spot in the future. I really think he'd be a better company head.

Human Being Chael and Self Promoted Chael are definitely two different shades of Chael.

jon jones got lucky in that submission too
shogun+taps.gif

Good of Chael to say that. I didn't think he was looking particularly great in that fight, but he did find a way to win. Shogun's injuries have made him inconsistent for most of the last decade, he's a great fighter, but at this point he's capable of beating almost anybody, but also losing to anybody as well, depending on which Shogun shows up.

Human Being Chael and Self Promoted Chael are definitely two different shades of Chael.

For sure, but I like it better than the 50 shades of red Dana brings. Also on a another topic entirely, I think they should have Brian Stann commentate more often.

I agree. Shogun could have turned his lights out with one punch. Sonnen couldnt KO Shogun with a thousand punches. Chael saved himself some scar tissue.

As a Shogun fan, i hope you are joking. Sonnen is a great fighter (he has certainly declined) but he is still a very underrated fighter currently. He looked bad vs Jones, Silva 2 and Rashad but he still has some pretty impressive wins under his belt.

I don't think Chael was lucky, Shogun left the opening and Chael capitalized on it. It was a legit win. I think Chael might have a point with that probably not happening again in a 100 fights but it still was a legit win. Chael is just being very respectful and humble.

Did not expect this from Chael. Sometimes is a niece to hear him out o character. I wish he would do this often.

lol its funny how so many people pointed out the obvious after the fight n sonnen nut huggers went crazy saying how 10 out of 10 times chael wins that fight, its easy to tell who trains or has been in a fight on these forums and who just talks shit

I do think Chael would beat him more times than not. I doubt he finishes him many times though. Chael is just a terrible match up for Shogun.

So, suddenly Chael turns out to be a generous and kind dude, oh ok...

how nice of sonnen (no sarcasm intended).

i think hes gonna run for office in brazil.

If Chael was lucky with his submission than Anderson was lucky in the first fight as well.

Luck plays a part in all fights.

If Chael was lucky with his submission than Anderson was lucky in the first fight as well.

Luck plays a part in all fights.

Lucky to catch a triangle in the last minutes of a 25 minute fight? Definitely.

Lucky to win all together? Mmmmmm maybe not.

some of you guys still like to pretend that shogun never lost fairly....

Sherdoggers in general don't believe in 'luck' so this will be very shocking to many..

+1 respect for Sonnen.

Its rare that a fighter admits he got lucky in a fight, and gives respect for his opponent for not making excuses.

Makes both fighters look better.

Back