Chael Sonnen:

LOL @ "I would do the same thing". No Chael, you wouldn't. But you've made a damn fine career for yourself by not doing so. You might be quiet for one minute after the fight, but not the full "15".

You obviously have not paid attention, at all.

Chael is always humble in defeat. Every time he has given the winner his dues, even after losing to Anderson for the second time when there were great reasons to complain and most would have. Chael did not.

You really need to understand the difference between the real Chael and promotion Chael. Promotion Chael is still undefeated. Chael (an MMA veteran) "thought" that tapping in the 5th would just give Anderson that one round? Do you seriously think he is actually delusional and completely ignorant about the rules of the sport he has been professionally doing for 10+ years, or could that possibly be a joke? You know what jokes are? Are you taking Chael's story about the Nog's feeding a bus a carrot as an eyewitness report?

I have never heard Chael not admit defeat and give the opponent his dues, never. What he does to promote fights is a completely different thing.

People who can't tell the difference between these things are idiots.

To retards like you: No he didn't, he only submited him.

Pretty much domination. Shogun hit a nice trip, but Chael took him down within 5 seconds, suplexed him later, held top contro, hit effective ground and pound, then made him tap out.

Last edited:
Shogun is a fucking man, he is one of the rare brazilians who isn't bringing up BS excuses when he loses

Pretty much domination. Shogun hit a nice trip, but Chael took him down within 5 seconds, suplexed him later, held top contro, hit effective ground and pound, then made him tap out.

bla, bla, bla, bla , bla: he only submited him.

" Say what you want before the fight, but when it’s done, you accept the result. You let the other guy be happy, if he gets his hand raised, he gets his hand raised"

Lol at the right there. I don't believe he followed that code after the Anderson Silva fight

Educate yourself.

Yes he did. He straight up said Anderson was better and deserved his win. Watch the press conference.

Even though everyone could see that Anderson was really saved by a very low probability occurrance in the 5th, a stroke of "luck" just like Sonnen's sub on Shogun.

Chael started talking shit to promote the second fight, to create a buzz and demand for that. There's a world of difference.

After second fight, everyone was trying to get Chael to comment on the short grabbing and the illegal knee, Chael completely excused Silva for both of those and said there's nothing to it. Just like he got Silva off the hook after the weigh-in when NSAC wanted to punish Silva for the shoulder. Chael is the one who said no.

When Chael says "Anderson Silva, you absolutely suck!" and then another time "Anderson Silva is the greatest fighter of all time", does your head explode because one person is saying the two polar opposites about one thing?

Last edited:
Shogun is a fucking man, he is one of the rare brazilians who isn't bringing up BS excuses when he loses

Shogun does seem like that most of the time, which is why it's annoying when his fans almost always look for excuses.

Shogun/Sonnen was the one fight where I thought no one would say anything. Sonnen was the favorite, he controlled the fight like predicted, then hit a submission which isn't completely unusual. It was a great performance from Sonnen, the guy looked more in shape for that fight then ever before. He was ready.

Not surprised the Chael dissers disappear when you show them some proof of how he lived up to the "code". I bet I'll be hearing the same arguments again from the same people some other time.

Not surprised the Chael dissers disappear when you show them some proof of how he lived up to the "code". I bet I'll be hearing the same arguments again from the same people some other time.

Did he live up to that code when he verbally tapped against Filho then said he never did?

Just curious.

Did he live up to that code when he verbally tapped against Filho then said he never did?

Just curious.

Sonnen said he yelled in pain. He did not say "tap". That's what he argued, but what matters is the refs decision.

If someone claimed that he cited the alphabet or a passage from the bible and he disagreed to doing that, would he then be not following the code?

By the way, this was in WEC so we're badly off topic and forum.

Just curious, you have been shown all the evidence that Sonnen does actually follow this "code", you're trying to hold onto this idea that he doesn't by digging an age old fight which Sonnen lost and the only thing he argued was that he yelled instead of tapped.

So are you that stuck on the image that Sonnen just can't possibly be given the credit for following this code that most fighters even don't?

I'm sorry if it threatens your world view but as you can see, Sonnen actually is one of the rare ones who gives the opponent their dues and doesn't make excuses and complain about things not going his way.

Educate yourself.

Yes he did. He straight up said Anderson was better and deserved his win. Watch the press conference.

Even though everyone could see that Anderson was really saved by a very low probability occurrance in the 5th, a stroke of "luck" just like Sonnen's sub on Shogun.

Chael started talking shit to promote the second fight, to create a buzz and demand for that. There's a world of difference.

After second fight, everyone was trying to get Chael to comment on the short grabbing and the illegal knee, Chael completely excused Silva for both of those and said there's nothing to it. Just like he got Silva off the hook after the weigh-in when NSAC wanted to punish Silva for the shoulder. Chael is the one who said no.

When Chael says "Anderson Silva, you absolutely suck!" and then another time "Anderson Silva is the greatest fighter of all time", does your head explode because one person is saying the two polar opposites about one thing?

This post is too smart for the vast majority of sd poster . Please dumb it down a lot in your future posting.

Oh Christ, Chael was saying "I beat Anderson up for 4 rounds and he wrapped his legs around my neck for 10 seconds. I won that fight I'm the real champ..."

Or something like that.

And when did he started to say that?
Oh yeah months later in order to promote the rematch after his suspension.

Back