Chael Sonnen: "Tyson fought bums, Rousey is fighting legit competitors"

Chael " Seymour" Sonnen always waiting in hope for his former masters to return and take him back.

200_s.gif

Chael just grooming to take over Rogan or some other UFC shill once his PED fuelled bullshit eventually dies down.

Bullshit sir, bullshit. Evander Holyfield was the unified champion and so was Lennox Lewis. Tyson did not hold the WBO title.

Also he was heavier than most of the fighters he fight. Just including only up until he lost to Douglas he was heavier in almost twice as many fights.

tyson was the smallest heavyweight champ of modern times

He should get back into real estate. At least he has some credibility left in that.

Chael STFU please with those fake testosterones in your blood you look like an idiot more and more

Embarrassing Chael. Just lost all respect for him. Leon Spinks was a bum? ROFL. Clown

LOL Really? Women's MMA has been around like 6 years..

Bethe has been training for like 4 years lol

Embarrassing Chael. Just lost all respect for him. Leon Spinks was a bum? ROFL. Clown

Tyson fought Michael, but Michael Spinks was no bum either. Boxing hall of famer and Tyson was his only loss.

Peter McNeely was more legit than the crap that Rousey faces.

He was undefeated from his 1989 debut, up until and through his first fight with Holyfield, and got his first loss by decision to Holyfield in 1993. He never lost a fight again (though anyone who saw knows he wasn't looking good against Golota either time).

I don't see any point in his career from 1990 up until his first retirement that one couldn't call him a top quality opponent.

He never lost even in his geriatric comeback run.

Anyone that followed his career knows that he never came even remotely close to the level that he reached in the first Holyfield fight again. He had two routine defences against overmatched opposition, lost his titles to Holyfield and badly regressed from that point on, even if he was winning fights.

He was a super talented big guy who's own slobbery and gluttony ruined him and reduced him to shot status by his late 20's.

Yeah, somehow these guys are comparable to Bethe, who got her title shot by crushing UFC cans who have a collective record of 1-9.

I mean 1-9 and she gets a title shot off that... Seriously.. like holy shit, 1-9.

Boggles the mind and the whole world is missing it.

The fans all know.. Ronda winning is all the media focuses on.. That said Ronda has cleaned the division out by beating some good fighters in Miesha, Cat, Sara McMann. But Beithe did not deserve the title shot. She beat 2 of Ronda's very mediocre training partners..

The vast majority of tyson's opponents on his way to the title were bums. Many had losing records. Even the champs at that time, wouldn't even be ranked in the top 10 in other era's. Tyson just happened to come along when virtually all great heavyweights no longer existed. Larry holmes, who was only a decent champion, was old now. The champions at the time, were Berbick, pinklon thomas I believe and tony tucker. Those guys were borderline decent fighters, but would never be champions in other eras. In ali's era, they wouldn't even be ranked in the top 10.

The fact is, once tyson fought a guy that knew how to actually fight him. Douglas, he was ko'd. Whether you think tyson wasn't in his prime or not. Even in his prime, douglas on that night would have given him a good fight.

Now we move onto holyfield. A guy that actually muscled tyson around. A guy that wasn't at all intimidated by him. A guy that stood toe to toe with tyson and beat him. Tyson was a fast powerful guy, but had major holes in his game, that just took the right style to bring it out.

Larry Holmes is a top 10 all time HW what are you talking about?

Chael gonna Chael.

Here's the American Katie Hopkins. Will say anything for a bit of recognition these days.

The vast majority of tyson's opponents on his way to the title were bums. Many had losing records. Even the champs at that time, wouldn't even be ranked in the top 10 in other era's. Tyson just happened to come along when virtually all great heavyweights no longer existed. Larry holmes, who was only a decent champion, was old now. The champions at the time, were Berbick, pinklon thomas I believe and tony tucker. Those guys were borderline decent fighters, but would never be champions in other eras. In ali's era, they wouldn't even be ranked in the top 10.

The fact is, once tyson fought a guy that knew how to actually fight him. Douglas, he was ko'd. Whether you think tyson wasn't in his prime or not. Even in his prime, douglas on that night would have given him a good fight.

Now we move onto holyfield. A guy that actually muscled tyson around. A guy that wasn't at all intimidated by him. A guy that stood toe to toe with tyson and beat him. Tyson was a fast powerful guy, but had major holes in his game, that just took the right style to bring it out.

Who were all the great and memorable fighters in Lewis's run at the top? I don't recall him ever having a single big fight until he was like 33 and fought a past his prime Holyfield. He fought Tyson when Tyson was 35 and like 14 years past his best..

Tyson fought Michael, but Michael Spinks was no bum either. Boxing hall of famer and Tyson was his only loss.

Spinks fought the majority of his career at Light Heavyweight. He was never a good heavyweight. He only moved up to fight Holmes. He won their first fight. But anyone that ever saw the rematch with holmes knows that holmes won. It was a very controversial fight, that most experts thought holmes was robbed.

Spinks was never a legit heavyweight and was demolished by a much more powerful tyson.

I guess Chael is watching different Ronda fights than I watch. Because what I see is pretty bad competition. I mean, they make basic mistakes to the point they have almost zero chance against Ronda. How is that legit competition?

Larry Holmes is a top 10 all time HW what are you talking about?

Who did larry holmes ever beat? Sure, he is only rated in the top 10 cause of the number of title defenses. But put him against a joe fraizer, Foreman, liston, forget it. he'd get killed. He barely beat a way out of his prime old Ken norton. I'm talking barely. And norton wasn't all that great. he only gave ali trouble cause at that point, Ali was already way past his prime.

Back