Chael Sonnen: "Tyson fought bums, Rousey is fighting legit competitors"

Why does Fail Sonnen feels the need to spit on people who ACTUALLY achieved something? Just go back in a bathroom and shoot yourself in the buttocks, Fail Sonnen.

He's just an attention whore.

They both bulldozed through sub-average competition

I would agree with you if not for the fact that people are placing Ronda ahead of guys like Anderson Silva, Fabricio Werdum, TJ Dillashaw, etc on pound for pound lists.

TJ has still only beaten 1 person of note.

In before 'Ronda has beaten 0 people of note'.

I'm a supporter of Rousey being the most dominant fighter in MMA, but I can't deny how lousy some of her opponents are.

Bethe looked like she has barely trained, and it wasn't due to any amazing striking abilities by Ronda.

Rousey can only beat the people that are there so it's not her fault, but her legacy may be held back due to a lack of any real rival.

Look_At_Me_Please.jpg

Cheal is trying to get his Job back in The UFC by sucking up

Chael is just terrible. He agrees with the Reebok deal which tells you all you need to know.

I would agree with you if not for the fact that people are placing Ronda ahead of guys like Anderson Silva, Fabricio Werdum, TJ Dillashaw, etc on pound for pound lists.

I think P4P is ridiculous horseshit, and that's even before you start mixing men and women in the same list.

That said, if I were to engage in the whole P4P thing, I would also considered it silly to place Rousey ahead of TJ and Anderson, etc. Placing her ahead of TJ seems to imply that she would actually defeat TJ, by most definitions of P4P, since they actually are the same weight.

P4P is generally just dumb marketing BS...but Dana White and Joe Rogan have taken it to entirely new ludicrous heights in the last few years.

Whom did Tyson not fight that he could/should have ? He beat champions and unified three belts, twice. GTFO with this Ronda > Tyson bullshit.

Well, Why are we even giving him atention at this point anyway? He's given a bunch of not useful informed statements recently. How long until people stop paying atention to him?

Are we all forgetting that Chael works directly for Dana now?

I would bet good money that Dana has told him and Rogan to talk up Ronda and McGregor as much as possible.

He also said Ronda was in a weak division and that these women simply can't compete with her. Context, TS. Context.

what chael said is meaningless, and not worth arguing over.

what is meaningful on the other hand, is that nearly everyone on earth knows who mike tyson is. chael sonnen...not even remotely.

that is not even debatable.

That is an embarrassing statement from Chael Sonnen.

Whom did Tyson not fight that he could/should have ? He beat champions and unified three belts, twice. GTFO with this Ronda > Tyson bullshit.

Well, it would have been nice to see him fight Bowe, Moorer, Morrison or Foreman, among a few others.

Bullshit sir, bullshit. Evander Holyfield was the unified champion and so was Lennox Lewis. Tyson did not hold the WBO title.

Also he was heavier than most of the fighters he fight. Just including only up until he lost to Douglas he was heavier in almost twice as many fights.

Tyson was the unified champ before WBO was recognized as a legit belt.

He's right. People will be talking about Cat Zingano in 30 years. No one has even mentioned Evander Holyfield in 25 years.

Back