Chael is an Amazing Human Being

Why are people defending the government

Nice guy, great entertainer, look forward to seeing him fight or on the MIC.

1. Offered to pay for Mark Munoz's medical bills.
  2. Payed for a college wrestler to go overseas and compete.
  3. Got Lyoto Machida to give his TUF guy a pep talk before the finale.
  4. Allowed Yushin Okami to stay at his home.
  5. Called/visited a kid dying of cancer.
  6. Coaches kids wrestling.
  7. Helped counsel Uriah Hall and get him to focus.

Etc.

inb4 he cheated and defrauded the gov

Look past the wrestling heel shtick for a second and you can clearly see that Chael P. Sonnen is one of the nicest, most benevolent fighters in MMA today. Thoughts?

And he tells us all about it.

Last edited:
Chael is the man, people need to stop getting butthurt about his fight selling act.

BUT BUT BUT .... It's about SPORTS, not about ENTERTAINMENT! The UFC should stop putting people on PPVs that the people want to see. The UFC shouldn't care at all about that. It should only be about wins and who loses, even if the fights are so boring nobody wants to watch or the fighters are so dull nobody knows them or cares about them. The customer be damned, Chael should never be allowed to fight again in the UFC because he will never win a belt.

Yes, Chael offers us a lot of free entertainment outside of fight night and just because he gets people interested in buying cards that he's on (nevermind that we learn about a lot of up and comers by watching a card that Chael is on), none of that matters. Forget Chael and any other fighter who tries to entertain us. Bring us more dull characters who specialize in being dull outside the ring and pointfighting inside the ring. Just give me wins and losses.

I think it was Munoz who was first to tell the story of Chael Samaritan.

He laundered money. Big deal. Cry when he hits a telephone pole or beats up some chick.

Nelson Mandela was thrown into prison

here's a nickel:

600px-2006_Nickel_Unc_Obv.jpg

Buy yourself a clue

Nice comparison. Not a history buff I take it.

Do amazing human beings also befriend vicious dictators (Gaddafi, Suharto) and refuse to renounce violent terrorist attacks that leave innocent civilians dead or wounded? Mandela was an overrated can.

We are talking about Africa here. Us whiteys basically landed on the shores and rained chaos and misery for 500 years. So we can't really point fingers can we.

He laundered money. Big deal. Cry when he hits a telephone pole or beats up some chick.

When somebody starts a thread saying Thiago Silva is an amazing human being, then we'll have that debate.

...so cheating the government, then?

http://sports.espn.go.com/extra/mma/news/story?id=5986635

The guy wasn't selling cocaine to children and laundering the money. He was trying to get around some speed bumps while selling a home.

I'm no lawyer, but I feel like you have no fucking clue what your talking about.

He wasn't cheating the government. He defrauded a title company to get a home sold.

Speed bumps? You make it sound like stealing 65k is just some good old fashioned entrepreneurial skill.

'When you're the greatest fighter in the world they gotta name for you, they don't call you a great fighter they call you CHEAL SONNEN, beat me... if you can.'

If you read Chaels book (yeah, yeah you all think he lies 24/7) he actually suggests that he took the fall for the money laundering. It kinda got pushed onto his desk, and felt pressure to get it done.

He's not a bad person. He's got a heart of gold. There is a big difference between Chael P, and Chael Sonnen.
If you ever feel like getting motivated, find some videos of Chael talking to kids in wrestling classes. He's got a real talent for coaching.

Chael is a far classier guy than people give him credit for, however it's not hard to believe some autistic Sherdoggers would struggle to tell the difference between Chael the promoter, and Chael the hard working husband.

He's a multi-faceted, accomplished, and contoversial. He will not be a footnote in history.

I'm no lawyer, but I feel like you have no fucking clue what your talking about.

He wasn't cheating the government. He defrauded a title company to get a home sold.

Speed bumps? You make it sound like stealing 65k is just some good old fashioned entrepreneurial skill.

The subprime lender he defrauded was super shady. They went under shortly after the Chael incident because of the mountain of consumer complaints they had, more than any other lender in the country. They screwed people out of literally hundreds of times more money than Chael got them for.

The subprime lender he defrauded was super shady. They went under shortly after the Chael incident because of the mountain of consumer complaints they had, more than any other lender in the country. They screwed people out of literally hundreds of times more money than Chael got them for.

Ah, so because Chael was just a foot soldier in a broken, dirty system then he gets a pass. That shit that Chael did was all part of a housing market that damn near fucked the entire global economy.

If you read Chaels book (yeah, yeah you all think he lies 24/7) he actually suggests that he took the fall for the money laundering. It kinda got pushed onto his desk, and felt pressure to get it done.

He's not a bad person. He's got a heart of gold. There is a big difference between Chael P, and Chael Sonnen.
If you ever feel like getting motivated, find some videos of Chael talking to kids in wrestling classes. He's got a real talent for coaching.

Chael is a far classier guy than people give him credit for, however it's not hard to believe some autistic Sherdoggers would struggle to tell the difference between Chael the promoter, and Chael the hard working husband.

Chael P. Sonnen has I'd say crossed the line in terms of what should be acceptable coming from a sportsman quite a few times though.

The sad thing for me though is just how widely accepted his character is, Chael maybe putting it on but his statements reflect the beliefs of much of the MMA fanbase whilst the spineless MMA media let them go largely unchallenged.

Back