Chael is an Amazing Human Being

Not to mention Chael's super exciting to watch despite having a grappling intensive MMA game. Would never resort to Fitch/Shields' boring style of grinding.

1. Offered to pay for Mark Munoz's medical bills.
  2. Payed for a college wrestler to go overseas and compete.
  3. Got Lyoto Machida to give his TUF guy a pep talk before the finale.
  4. Allowed Yushin Okami to stay at his home.
  5. Called/visited a kid dying of cancer.
  6. Coaches kids wrestling.
  7. Helped counsel Uriah Hall and get him to focus.

Etc.

inb4 he cheated and defrauded the gov

Look past the wrestling heel shtick for a second and you can clearly see that Chael P. Sonnen is one of the nicest, most benevolent fighters in MMA today. Thoughts?

Sonnen, is that you? :icon_chee

Not to mention Chael's super exciting to watch despite having a grappling intensive MMA game. Would never resort to Fitch/Shields' boring style of grinding.

He's only exciting when he's getting smashed.

chael is the man

he fights anyone too

make that paper booboo

Chael put his own health at risk to go over and domesticate the Brazilians.

He is a saint.

Did he kiss a baby too? Gotta kiss a baby too if you're RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT. Lol

cheated the government? Pretty sure he was convicted of felony money laundering and lost his realtor licence as a result.

...so cheating the government, then?

Specifically, Sonnen allegedly arranged for a title company to pay $69,000 to a plumbing company for repairs to a Portland home, which Sonnen was involved in the sale. The release states that Sonnen knew that no repairs would be made to the home. Once the loan was funded, according to the U.S. Department of Justice, the plumbing company was directed by Sonnen to pay $65,000 to the homebuyer as a cash incentive for purchasing the home.

http://sports.espn.go.com/extra/mma/news/story?id=5986635

The guy wasn't selling cocaine to children and laundering the money. He was trying to get around some speed bumps while selling a home.

Whoa ho ho, big stuff there hot-shot, serious crime... How many bankers are arrested for handing out bullshit predatory mortgages and gambling peoples pensions away? How many are even given suspension without pay?

Word TS, there's a reason I've stuck with my sig for as long as I have, and it's not because I ever had delusions of him winning a title.

wtf has bankers to do with this shit, yeah they're bad and aren't caught so what?
how does that make another crime ok? Where the money he was helping launder came from? Embezzlement, drug dealing, illegal weapon selling? Who knows, maybe shit worse than "predatory mortgages" that people are dumb to sign but do it voluntarily.

Generally 'amazing' humans don't commit felonies.

we're all part good and part bad.

If you watch Game of Thrones you will learn this.

...so cheating the government, then?

The guy wasn't selling cocaine to children and laundering the money. He was trying to get around some speed bumps while selling a home.

lol so he was getting around some speedbumps like the law by breaking them?

Have you ever known anyone to receive money for purchasing a home? Next time I purchase a home I might see if I can get $65K as an incentive to do so.

It was dodgy as fuck and he got caught and pleaded guilty. This is not a dummy we are talking about, he is an intelligent person. He knew exactly what he was doing.

Generally 'amazing' humans don't commit felonies.

Nelson Mandela was thrown into prison

here's a nickel:

600px-2006_Nickel_Unc_Obv.jpg

Buy yourself a clue

cheated the government? Pretty sure he was convicted of felony money laundering and lost his realtor licence as a result.

And what was the money being laundered for? ill give you a hint: cheating the government.

In that long brazilian interview, he says the fighters that had fought Wanderlei and had their suspicions about him could finally have some redemption. He goes on to say he talked to one of them the other day and he felt that way too.

One of the reporters then asks him whos the fighter he talked to, and Chael says: Hes here, you do the math.

Anyone know who he could have been talking about? First name that i thought of was Brian Stann but i ccant even remember who was doing the commentary to be honest.

It also occured to me that thi could just be one of those things that Chael says, aka a lie.

I would guess Brian Stann, since he fought Wanderlai, has been talking about PED's is why he stopped fighting and he does the pre fight analysis sometimes for FOX.

lol so he was getting around some speedbumps like the law by breaking them?

Have you ever known anyone to receive money for purchasing a home? Next time I purchase a home I might see if I can get $65K as an incentive to do so.

It was dodgy as fuck and he got caught and pleaded guilty. This is not a dummy we are talking about, he is an intelligent person. He knew exactly what he was doing.

Where did I say he DIDN'T do anything illegal? I took issue with this:

Were you not implying that he did more than cheat the government? That's how I interpreted that, as you saying it's absurd to write his crime off as nothing more than cheating the government. Well, I disagree, which is why I responded. That is all he did: cheat the government. It was illegal, sure, I never disputed that; illegal but about as morally reprehensible as Pat Healy smoking weed.

wtf has bankers to do with this shit, yeah they're bad and aren't caught so what?
how does that make another crime ok? Where the money he was helping launder came from? Embezzlement, drug dealing, illegal weapon selling? Who knows, maybe shit worse than "predatory mortgages" that people are dumb to sign but do it voluntarily.

Lol. Is this a joke? Maybe YOU don't know because you never read up on his crime. Drug dealing, illegal weapon selling, lol. Once again:

Specifically, Sonnen allegedly arranged for a title company to pay $69,000 to a plumbing company for repairs to a Portland home, which Sonnen was involved in the sale. The release states that Sonnen knew that no repairs would be made to the home. Once the loan was funded, according to the U.S. Department of Justice, the plumbing company was directed by Sonnen to pay $65,000 to the homebuyer as a cash incentive for purchasing the home.

Sorry, not that glamorous, just routine shit in the real estate industry.

Back