Chael is an Amazing Human Being

Fuck these babies and this whole "cheated the government", call the waaaaambulance.

9 out of 10 of you ppl would bury your neighbor in the backyard if you thought you could get away with it AND pocket 65k.

The government is the perfect person to rip off, more money than god, inherently corrupt, fkin why not? Except the risk of criminal penalties of course...

Chael isn't my favorite fighter and mostly because he used PED's to try and beat Anderson, a huge dose and still came up short.

He is also a devote catholic btw, but mostly he talks and people listen, but why does any one listen to Chael is because he some times makes a point and he is funny

yea i'm not a fan

Nelson Mandela was thrown into prison

here's a nickel:

600px-2006_Nickel_Unc_Obv.jpg

Buy yourself a clue

Do amazing human beings also befriend vicious dictators (Gaddafi, Suharto) and refuse to renounce violent terrorist attacks that leave innocent civilians dead or wounded? Mandela was an overrated can.

inb4 he cheated and defrauded the gov

they been doing it to us... The whole thing is a fraud.

Fuck these babies and this whole "cheated the government", call the waaaaambulance.

The government is the perfect person to rip off, more money than god, inherently corrupt, fkin why not? Except the risk of criminal penalties of course...

you are almost correct... they have no money. We currently owe the Federal Reserve almost $18 trillion and counting. We are flat broke and totally in debt... you would never know by our continued spending.

Where did I say he DIDN'T do anything illegal? I took issue with this:

Were you not implying that he did more than cheat the government? That's how I interpreted that, as you saying it's absurd to write his crime off as nothing more than cheating the government. Well, I disagree, which is why I responded. That is all he did: cheat the government. It was illegal, sure, I never disputed that; illegal but about as morally reprehensible as Pat Healy smoking weed.

Where did I say that you said he didn't do anything illegal?

I took issue with this:

He was trying to get around some speed bumps while selling a home

Do you try and get around speed bumps by knowingly committing felonies? I don't tend to do that and I don't know anyone else who does either.

Chael on the other hand didn't seem to have a problem with it.

Whoa ho ho, big stuff there hot-shot, serious crime... How many bankers are arrested for handing out bullshit predatory mortgages and gambling peoples pensions away? How many are even given suspension without pay?

Just because others commit crimes doesn't mean we all should commit crimes.

And if you really believe in an eye for an eye well then I guess you don't have any issues with Wanderlei cheating since Chael was already caught cheating himself.

Man, there's some real candidates for sterilization in this thread.

Where did I say that you said he didn't do anything illegal?

Then why did you say this?

"It was dodgy as fuck and he got caught and pleaded guilty. This is not a dummy we are talking about, he is an intelligent person. He knew exactly what he was doing."

Especially emphasizing he was intelligent and knew what he was doing. Yeah, and? I know he committed a crime--a crime that involves ripping off the government, which was my original point.

I took issue with this:

He was trying to get around some speed bumps while selling a home

Do you try and get around speed bumps by knowingly committing felonies? I don't tend to do that and I don't know anyone else who does either.

Chael on the other hand didn't seem to have a problem with it.

Getting around speed bumps = euphemism for committing a petty white collar crime that is nothing more than wanting to protect some money from Uncle Sam's grubby paws. Whether or not I would personally commit the same crime is inconsequential to my argument. I don't even jaywalk. Doesn't mean I'd thrown stones at jaywalkers or consider their actions to be despicable crimes against humanity.

Generally 'amazing' humans don't commit felonies.
Nelson Mandela, Mahatma Gandhi, and Martin Luther King, Jr have all been imprisoned for felonious crimes. Do not judge a man by his adherence to an arbitrary set of laws, but by the content of his heart.

And let us not forget the greatest miracle Chael performed - turned Brazilians against their hero and countryman Wanderlei in favor of him.

simply astonishing.

Chael is the man, people need to stop getting butthurt about his fight selling act.

Whoa ho ho, big stuff there hot-shot, serious crime... How many bankers are arrested for handing out bullshit predatory mortgages and gambling peoples pensions away? How many are even given suspension without pay?

Word TS, there's a reason I've stuck with my sig for as long as I have, and it's not because I ever had delusions of him winning a title.

So are you for or against white collar crime????

1. Offered to pay for Mark Munoz's medical bills.
  2. Payed for a college wrestler to go overseas and compete.
  3. Got Lyoto Machida to give his TUF guy a pep talk before the finale.
  4. Allowed Yushin Okami to stay at his home.
  5. Called/visited a kid dying of cancer.
  6. Coaches kids wrestling.
  7. Helped counsel Uriah Hall and get him to focus.

Etc.

inb4 he cheated and defrauded the gov

Look past the wrestling heel shtick for a second and you can clearly see that Chael P. Sonnen is one of the nicest, most benevolent fighters in MMA today. Thoughts?

you know a lot of people do things to help others, they just don't brag about it.

Back