Chael could have been 2 div champ....

Even if Anderson didn't triangle Chael he wouldn't have been champ, he popped for testosterone.
He still would have had that belt for a few weeks until the tests came back lol

Dude didn't have the heart to win either of them. Was taken out by opponents with more mental, emotional and physical firepower, whether he was cheating or not.
Chael can beat Silva, not Jones. Styles make fights.

If Chael "won" then popped it would always have that MASSIVE asterisk next to it of "but could he beat him without cheating?".

That's precisely one of the reasons their rematch was so hyped - we all wanted to see how well "legit" Chael could do against Anderson because the first fight was so heavily tainted by his bullshit.

It is better to be a champion that got stripped than not be a champion at all. The official decision might have been changed to a NC but the fight itself will always show who won.

The reason the 2nd fight took place was because Chael dominated Anderson for the better part of 4 rounds before getting caught in a sub. It was an amazing thing to see. Not only the domination but the the sub at the end as well. A 2nd fight was going to take place regardless of anything else.

Sonnen:

“In some parallel universe you can hit a man 300 times, he wraps his legs around your head for eight seconds and they call him the winner. On the streets of West Linn, Oregon, that is not the rules. I am the Middleweight Champion. I defended my Championship tonight for the first time and I am willing to give Anderson Silva a shot at the true belt, the linear belt, the people’s belt from the best damn middleweight there has ever been.”

Chael can beat Silva ...

Tried twice, failed twice, then a short time later was caught taking such a massive cocktail of PEDs he was forced from the sport.

Chael never had what it took to become champion, neither the heart, nor the brain, nor the style. End of story.

It is better to be a champion that got stripped than not be a champion at all. The official decision might have been changed to a NC but the fight itself will always show who won.

Winning under conditions which cause you to fail a PED test by close to record breaking levels ain't winning no matter how you spin it.

Their first fight always had a MASSIVE asterisk next to it in terms of Chael's performance. The second put the first to bed forever.

Winning under conditions which cause you to fail a PED test by close to record breaking levels ain't winning no matter how you spin it.

Their first fight always had a MASSIVE asterisk next to it in terms of Chael's performance. The second put the first to bed forever.

Yes it is ... if your hand gets raised at the end of a fight ... you are the winner. Later you can be stripped and the fight be ruled as a no contested but you still won that fight. Just like no-one is going to argue with anyone that says Anderson beat Diaz even though the fight was changed to a NC.

The second fight put nothing to bed forever. There is controversy in that fight as well.

They woulnt of noticed i dont think unless jones brought it to attention .There has been plenty of fights were a fighter has broken there toe and its been bleeding ok not as bad as jones etc but no one has even taken a second look

It was noticed, it would have been stopped. It had rolled over, exposed bone and was bleeding everywhere. Just a few seconds later and Chael wins that fight, but Jones knew it and wanted to end it.

Even if he won that, Jones would rematch him and destroy him.

We all know if chael had beaten anderson the rematch woulda been the first thing they booked.

it's a very interesting WHAT IF?

What if Anderson would have moved up and fought Forest for the belt?

He could've, if he hadn't failed against silva and folded in the 1st against jones.

Chael got busted for having inhuman levels of testosterone for that fight and was the only reason he was so successful. Even if Chael won he would have been stripped of the belt and changed to a NC (no contest)

They caught him on a low day though.

I could have been a hundred millionaire had I got the lotto combo right.

Chale is one of the biggest quitters in MMA. Not a champion material.

he should have started by being a one division champion, but that never happened

Yes it is ... if your hand gets raised at the end of a fight ... you are the winner. Later you can be stripped and the fight be ruled as a no contested but you still won that fight. Just like no-one is going to argue with anyone that says Anderson beat Diaz even though the fight was changed to a NC.

The second fight put nothing to bed forever. There is controversy in that fight as well.

By this point anyone who's failed to learn the lesson that the result on the night proves fuck all until the tests come back has been living under a rock. In a cave. Blindfolded. And on a cocktail of sedatives.

There is zero controversy in the second fight. All it did was prove, again, that Chael didn't have the heart nor the mind nor the body nor the skill nor the style to become champion and that the first fight meant nothing.

I'm a huge Chael fan (if that wasn't obvious by my username) and I just want to share a joke from him; Why don't Brazillians use condoms? ... because they always just pull out anyways.

He was. He beat Anderson twice. First off, UFC 117 doesn't count. Chael didn't know the rules and thought that, if he tapped, he would lose the round, not the fight as a whole. So it was a 49-46 Sonnen decision. At UFC 148, Silva should have been disqualified due to an illegal knee shot (apparently Andy loves them).

At UFC 159, the fight had an early stoppage and if it wasn't for that, Jones wouldn't be able to keep fighting because Chael P. destroyed his toe.

Long story short: Sonnen is the one and only man who was the champion in two different weight classes at the same time.

Lets say Anderson never submits him and chael wins the belt.

Shogun was champ at the same time. Chael could have moved up and tapped him.

Chael did win the belt, dont you remember?

34168.2.jpg

By this point anyone who's failed to learn the lesson that the result on the night proves fuck all until the tests come back has been living under a rock. In a cave. Blindfolded. And on a cocktail of sedatives.

Wrong it proves who the better man was that night. Someone sitting behind a desk turning it to a NC doesn't change that.

There is zero controversy in the second fight. All it did was prove, again, that Chael didn't have the heart nor the mind nor the body nor the skill nor the style to become champion and that the first fight meant nothing.

Wrong again on all accounts again, there was plenty of controversy in the 2nd fight. Chael did have what it takes to be champion and was robbed of the WEC belt when he beat the champion but wasn't awarded the belt because the champion came in over weight.

Are you one of those that believe Anderson planned to lose the match for 4 + rounds and then submit Chael the whole time. I suppose you think Anderson only lost his belt because he was "clowning around" and both his loses to Chris were flukes right ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back