Chael could have been 2 div champ....

YesMySon

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Lets say Anderson never submits him and chael wins the belt.

Shogun was champ at the same time. Chael could have moved up and tapped him.

Chael got busted for having inhuman levels of testosterone for that fight and was the only reason he was so successful. Even if Chael won he would have been stripped of the belt and changed to a NC (no contest)

Chael is unlucky when it comes to titles. He was minutes away from dominating Anderson and becoming champion. But got caught in a sub. When he fought Jones for the title, Jones toe almost ripped off. No way the ref or doctor let Jones continue and have his toe fall off on National TV. But again fell just short. If he would have lasted another 30 seconds the round was over and the fight gets stopped and he is the new champion. He beat the champion in WEC in what suppose to be a championship match but wasn't awarded it because the champion came in over weight.

I guess it just wasn't meant to be for him.

Lets say no because we live in the real world not the if world.

I don't think Chael has anything for Shogun back then, at that point he was still the best 205er in the world. When Sonnen beat him his body was probably pushing 50 in fight terms

yes he could have been but it wouldn't have lasted in either division. There are probably a few other fighters that this scenario applies to as well.

Chael is unlucky when it comes to titles. He was minutes away from dominating Anderson and becoming champion. But got caught in a sub. When he fought Jones for the title, Jones toe almost ripped off. No way the ref or doctor let Jones continue and have his toe fall off on National TV. But again fell just short. If he would have lasted another 30 seconds the round was over and the fight gets stopped and he is the new champion. He beat the champion in WEC in what suppose to be a championship match but wasn't awarded it because the champion came in over weight.

They woulnt of noticed i dont think unless jones brought it to attention .There has been plenty of fights were a fighter has broken there toe and its been bleeding ok not as bad as jones etc but no one has even taken a second look

He was 30 seconds away from beating Jon Jones and becoming the LHW champion

yes he could have been but it wouldn't have lasted in either division. There are probably a few other fighters that this scenario applies to as well.

Clay Guida has the best wins at the worst times IMO

They woulnt of noticed i dont think unless jones brought it to attention .There has been plenty of fights were a fighter has broken there toe and its been bleeding ok not as bad as jones etc but no one has even taken a second look

I don't know. The toe looked like it was close to falling off. It might of even been stopped by Jones corner between rounds. The ref might not notice it right away but he should see it at some point in time during the first minute of the 2nd round.

Cathal Pendred could have been heavyweight champ. Let's say he didn't lose to John Howard and Tom Breese and he got matched with Werdum and KO'd him. It's as easy as that.

Chael got busted for having inhuman levels of testosterone for that fight and was the only reason he was so successful. Even if Chael won he would have been stripped of the belt and changed to a NC (no contest)
Chael was caught with elevated testosterone, no illegal substances

Cathal Pendred could have been heavyweight champ. Let's say he didn't lose to John Howard and Tom Breese and he got matched with Werdum and KO'd him. It's as easy as that.
30519-Obama-Oh-Yeah-Gif-u5cA.gif

Chaels entire career has him getting submitted it wasn't a fluke with Anderson it was a matter of time. The guy never dedicated to aspects of the sport he wasn't naturally comfortable with, the greats often start off being gifted but instead focusing on their strengths they move on and become more well rounded.

Even if Anderson didn't triangle Chael he wouldn't have been champ, he popped for testosterone.

Hmmm..... so Ronda realy COULD beat any man in the UFC bw division with one hand tied behind her back?

Tectonic plates are shifting in my mind....

Back