Chael could have been 2 div champ....

Wrong it proves who the better man was that night. Someone sitting behind a desk turning it to a NC doesn't change that.

If the guy who has his hand raised that night fails the test from that night then the hand being raised that night means nothing.

Wrong again on all accounts again, there was plenty of controversy in the 2nd fight.

I guess that's why you've mentioned examples of this "controversy". Oh no, wait, you've failed to do that just like Chael failed to become world champion, even when competing with a T/E ratio more than 16 times higher than that of an average man.

Chael did have what it takes to be champion and was robbed of the WEC belt when he beat the champion but wasn't awarded the belt because the champion came in over weight.

Unlike their FW division, WEC MW wasn't the world champion. Keep reeeeeeeeaching though. You may be failing at every turn but your unwavering dedication in the face of that constant failure due to your blind and undying love for Cheatl Sonnen is inspiring.

Chael was a cheater and has admitted it. He didn't deserve to beat Jones and basically wilted and gave up the minute Jones got dominant position. In the words of Chael himself "Chael Sonnen, you absolutely suck!" - And it's not fighter bashing. I think Chael himself would agree ;)~

Chael Sonnen - "Yes I shockingly did make weight, you dumbass, roided out, brazil quiting, Mother Fucker .................................................. you didn't ......................................... um what in the holy, ever - loving fuck is your excuse, you Brazillian excuse machine ?!?!?!?!?

Chael was a cheater and has admitted it. He didn't deserve to beat Jones and basically wilted and gave up the minute Jones got dominant position. In the words of Chael himself "Chael Sonnen, you absolutely suck!" - And it's not fighter bashing. I think Chael himself would agree ;)~
Make weight and do less cocaine first, Chump.

If the guy who has his hand raised that night fails the test from that night then the hand being raised that night means nothing.

Wrong, I already explained to you why.

I guess that's why you've mentioned examples of this "controversy". Oh no, wait, you've failed to do that just like Chael failed to become world champion, even when competing with a T/E ratio more than 16 times higher than that of an average man.

16 times .. .. must of tested him on a low day.

I didn't realize I had to. It is common knowledge. The controversial knee .. shorts grabbing ... Greasing There were a good amount of threads on it here on sherdog at the time. Just because you don't agree with the controversy it doesn't mean it's not there.

Did Anderson Silva fight dirty at UFC 148?
http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/Did-Anderson-Silva-fight-dirty-at-UFC-148-410754

Tim Kennedy quote on Anderson vs Chael 2

Wipe grease on your arms, grab your opponent shorts, and knee them in the face when they are down. That's how champions should act?

I thought this was interesting considering Bisping just fought Anderson and ate a controversial knee himself

Bisping on the knee Anderson landed on Chael :

“It was an illegal knee. Definitely an illegal knee. So maybe it should of been a disqualification. I know a thing or two about illegal knees. Congrats to Anderson Silva, he’s the champ and I want to fight that guy.”

http://www.cagedinsider.com/ufc/bisping-it-was-an-illegal-knee-i-can-do-better-against-anderson/

rum said:
Unlike their FW division, WEC MW wasn't the world champion. Keep reeeeeeeeaching though. You may be failing at every turn but your unwavering dedication in the face of that constant failure due to your blind and undying love for Cheatl Sonnen is inspiring.

Thanks for the laugh. Say what ever you like. A person that can dominate Anderson for the better part of 4 rounds clearly got what it takes to be champion. Having what it takes and actually becoming one are not the same thing.

Wrong, I already explained to you why.

Chael was found guilty of cheating in a manner which renders any success he had in that fight utterly invalid. If you're found to be playing outside the rules you score zero. End of story.

I didn't realize I had to. It is common knowledge. The controversial knee .. shorts grabbing ... Greasing There were a good amount of threads on it here on sherdog at the time. Just because you don't agree with the controversy it doesn't mean it's not there.

The knee was clearly to the chest - mid chest in fact, not even upper chest - as seen by anyone with functioning eyeballs and more than half a brain. Two rivals talking bollocks while trash-talking the champ in a desperate bid for attention doesn't constitute meaningful controversy, nor do crybaby haters on the internet. Meanwhile Yves toweled Anderson off before the fight began, so the Vaseline thing is also dead in the water for anyone who's not a shrieking drama queen.

Good call on the shorts thing though.

Thanks for the laugh. Say what ever you like. A person that can dominate Anderson for the better part of 4 rounds clearly got what it takes to be champion. Having what it takes and actually becoming one are not the same thing.

There's a very simple test to find out if someone has what it takes to become champion. Give them a title shot.

Hell, give them three.

How could he have been a 2 division champ when, even if he won that first fight and wasn't submitted like he had been so many times before, he would have turned around and lost an immediate rematch with Silva?

Chael was found guilty of cheating in a manner which renders any success he had in that fight utterly invalid. If you're found to be playing outside the rules you score zero. End of story.

Your story sucks .. you might want to consider writing another one.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree on this part.

The knee was clearly to the chest - mid chest in fact, not even upper chest - as seen by anyone with functioning eyeballs and more than half a brain. Two rivals talking bollocks while trash-talking the champ in a desperate bid for attention doesn't constitute meaningful controversy, nor do crybaby haters on the internet. Meanwhile Yves toweled Anderson off before the fight began, so the Vaseline thing is also dead in the water for anyone who's not a shrieking drama queen.

Good call on the shorts thing though.

I think the main force from the knee landed on the chest but the upper leg hit his face. So the knee can be argued as illegal. But that is just my opinion and my or your opinion on where the knee landed is not important to this part of the discussion. If the fight was controversial or not is.

I only posted the first things that came up in a quick search I did .. there are countless other headlines / articles saying the same things.

Here is one more for you.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1250863-silva-vs-sonnen-2-was-andersons-win-controversial

Silva had Sonnen down and against the cage and he threw a knee—the legality of which is still being hotly debated. It looks like the knee hits the body, but also catches a bit of Sonnen's jaw

It's difficult to say that Silva's victory isn't at least slightly controversial.

You don't have to agree with the controversy but it's there.

There's a very simple test to find out if someone has what it takes to become champion. Give them a title shot.

Hell, give them three.

+1

Like I said ... having what it takes and getting it done are two different things.

He needed to become a one division champ first

Your story sucks .. you might want to consider writing another one.

If you don't like true stories I can't help you.

Like I said ... having what it takes and getting it done are two different things.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating and all Chael did was cheat and eat defeat. Then eat defeat again. Then eat defeat again. Then cheat again. He doesn't even have the luxury of claiming he was robbed. He was finished all 3 times. It doesn't get much more decisive than that.

He's a man of many charms, but a champion's heart is not one of them.

I don't think Chael has anything for Shogun back then, at that point he was still the best 205er in the world. When Sonnen beat him his body was probably pushing 50 in fight terms

Shogun was NOT the best 205er in the world. Granted, he was a lot better then than when Shale beat him. Either way, Shale smokes any version of Shogun

If you don't like true stories I can't help you.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating and all Chael did was cheat and eat defeat. Then eat defeat again. Then eat defeat again. Then cheat again.

He's a man of many charms, but a champion's heart is not one of them.

That isn't pudding your eating and spewing.

I see now why you like Anderson so much .. he would never cheat or be caught ..... oh wait never mind.

Started to read this thread interested in knowing if the zealots against PED use would treat Chael the same way they treat Anderson Silva, trying to negate everything he's ever done in his career. Turns out they're still talking about Silva in every opportunity they can lol. The butthurt is real.

That isn't pudding your eating and spewing.

I see now why you like Anderson so much .. he would never cheat or be caught ..... oh wait never mind.

I see why your crush on Chael leads to you making assumptions about my attitude toward Anderson, but, as with everything else, you're wrong.

Fuck Anderson for cheating and fuck Anderson for lying about it. And of course Weidman's two victories over Anderson were 100% legit. I had Bisping beating Anderson too. None of these are secret opinions, I've posted them plenty and it hurts that you didn't do enough research on my posting history to at least realize that much. I mean, I really thought I meant more to you than that, but now I feel like you don't know me at all.

My world is crumbling.

The same logic can ba applied to any fighter (other than HW's) who ever got a title shot. If they won and then moved up to successfully challenge the champ in the division above, they would have been two division champs.

Lets say Anderson never submits him and chael wins the belt.

Shogun was champ at the same time. Chael could have moved up and tapped him.

If he lasted another min with Anderson and if the ref only saw Jones broken toe he would be

I see why your crush on Chael leads to you making assumptions about my attitude toward Anderson, but, as with everything else, you're wrong.

Fuck Anderson for cheating and fuck Anderson for lying about it. And of course Weidman's two victories over Anderson were 100% legit. I had Bisping beating Anderson too. None of these are secret opinions, I've posted them plenty and it hurts that you didn't do enough research on my posting history to at least realize that much. I mean, I really thought I meant more to you than that, but now I feel like you don't know me at all.

My world is crumbling.

It's ok .. don't cry ... you will find a poster one of these days that respects your posting enough to do a search on you. Today just isn't that day.

It is nice to see you are not completely delusional. I on the other hand am fans of Both Anderson and Chael ... they both entertained me plenty.

It's ok .. don't cry ... you will find a poster one of these days that respects your posting enough to do a search on you. Today just isn't that day.

It is nice to see you are not completely delusional. I on the other hand am fans of Both Anderson and Chael ... they both entertained me plenty.

Well hell, I didn't say they don't entertain me. I listen to Chael's podcast. I have his book. He's very qualified when it comes to being an entertainer.

He's just completely unqualified when it comes to becoming a world champion.

Back