Chael could have been 2 div champ....

Of course not, because that story would never fly with anyone who did not WANT to believe it. What he took would NEVER be given for healing a leg injury. It was used for cholesterol. If Silva was using to heal up he would have taken very different steroids. In fact it would be counterproductive gaining muscle mass with the bone not healed since it would increase the risk of re-injury.

I overall agree with you .... I even want Anderson vs Chael 3 and have started a thread on it a couple days ago.

I didn't follow the situation enough to know what kind of substance he used and I bet allot of others didn't either. Even if what he got popped for isn't what is used for that type of injury it is a believable excuse as any other. Since all excuses suck.

You're a moron. Sorry. He was caught with PEDs, deal with it. Maybe you can show me where EVERY PED he was caught with has been used to treat his specific injuries by professionals.

If you want to think his only time ever using was his first time he was random tested and failed you can keep being a fool. He's a PED abuser, all his accomplishments are tarnished, and what he took has no therapeutic use for his injury.

Still waiting for proof lol you sound so mad. Anderson set the bar that GSP could never reach 16 fights unbeaten streak 10 title defenses (1 more than GSP :D). Thank you for revealing yourself a GSP fan so I know not to respond to you

Chael is unlucky when it comes to titles. He was minutes away from dominating Anderson and becoming champion. But got caught in a sub. When he fought Jones for the title, Jones toe almost ripped off. No way the ref or doctor let Jones continue and have his toe fall off on National TV. But again fell just short. If he would have lasted another 30 seconds the round was over and the fight gets stopped and he is the new champion. He beat the champion in WEC in what suppose to be a championship match but wasn't awarded it because the champion came in over weight.

I guess it just wasn't meant to be for him.
Jones is lucky he finished him when he did. If Chael was somehow able to withstand that onslaught, Chael would have been champion

Chael is unlucky when it comes to titles. He was minutes away from dominating Anderson and becoming champion. But got caught in a sub. When he fought Jones for the title, Jones toe almost ripped off. No way the ref or doctor let Jones continue and have his toe fall off on National TV. But again fell just short. If he would have lasted another 30 seconds the round was over and the fight gets stopped and he is the new champion. He beat the champion in WEC in what suppose to be a championship match but wasn't awarded it because the champion came in over weight.

I guess it just wasn't meant to be for him.
Jones is luck he finished him when he did. If Chael was somehow able to withstand that onslaught, Chael would have been champion
It wouldn't have stopped Jones, if Uriah Hall can win with a bone poking out of his toe Jones certainly can.

Still waiting for proof lol you sound so mad. Anderson set the bar that GSP could never reach 16 fights unbeaten streak 10 title defenses (1 more than GSP :D). Thank you for revealing yourself a GSP fan so I know not to respond to you
Silva fought in an incredibly weak division and the only thing that saved his place in the GOAT arguments was that he finished so many of the fights. Now that he has revealed himself as a PED user his name has no place there. It puts his career in perspective, I mean look how Silva can't even beat Bisping post steroid failure. I hear Silva fans say all the time Sonnen's success was all due to PED use, after watching Silva fight clean and lose they may be on to something.

GSP never popped dirty for PEDs, that's a bar Silva can't ever reach.

To even entertain the idea, and it be plausible, shows how fickle mma-by-zuffa is. Ultimate Fighting Circus that still uses "there's a sucker born every minute"/"carry a big stick" business model.

It wouldn't have stopped Jones, if Uriah Hall can win with a bone poking out of his toe Jones certainly can.

His toe was about to fall off. That fight gets stopped either by Jones corner or the ref as soon as he notice Jones foot.

It was not poking out immediately and they lied and claimed it was a pre-existing injury. I don't think it poked out until the last round started.
uriah-hall-broken-toe-2.jpg

VS.

Jon-Jones-Broken-Toe.jpg

Jones could never mask that, especially it being the big toe. Fight was almost certainly over at the end of the round.

Yes but the win would still have been in everyone's mind. Being a champion that was stripped of the title is better than not being champion at all.

Everyone knows Diaz vs Anderson was turned to a NC. Not many are going to argue that Anderson didn't beat Diaz. Not exactly the same situation but the thought process of Anderson beat Diaz would be similar to Sonnen beat Anderson.

If Chael "won" then popped it would always have that MASSIVE asterisk next to it of "but could he beat him without cheating?".

That's precisely one of the reasons their rematch was so hyped - we all wanted to see how well "legit" Chael could do against Anderson because the first fight was so heavily tainted by his bullshit.

Last edited:
If Chael "won" then popped it would always have that MASSIVE asterisk next to it of "but could he beat him without cheating?".

That's precisely one of the reasons their rematch was so hyped - we all wanted to see how well "legit" Chael could do against Anderson because the first fight was so heavily tainted by his bullshit.
Since they are both proven cheaters it's all even. Silva came out with the W though. If Chael beat Jones it would have been poetic. Lost the fight he should have won and won the fight he should have lost.

Shit like this should get you banned ffs mods do your job. You can't say that as some undisputed fact because he was caught after a leg injury at 40 years old. Have you ever seriously injured your leg? It can never go back to normal sometimes

It isn't a bannable offense to call steroid cheats steroid cheats. You don't seem to be jumping to defend sonnen.

It isn't a bannable offense to call steroid cheats steroid cheats. You don't seem to be jumping to defend sonnen.
The hypocrisy is crazy. Sonnen's success was 100% PEDs because of how effective they are. None of Silva's success was PEDs they don't do anything for him.

The hypocrisy is crazy. Sonnen's success was 100% PEDs because of how effective they are. None of Silva's success was PEDs they don't do anything for him.

The worst ones are the ones that jumped on the "EVERYONE DOES ROIDS, WHY SINGLE SILVA OUT OR ACKNOWLEDGE HIS FAILED TEST IN ANY WAY?!" Bandwagon after shitting on sonnen for years.

The worst ones are the ones that jumped on the "EVERYONE DOES ROIDS, WHY SINGLE SILVA OUT OR ACKNOWLEDGE HIS FAILED TEST IN ANY WAY?!" Bandwagon after shitting on sonnen for years.
All I ask for is consistency. I have said Sonnen should never fight again an his accomplishments are tarnished. Silva fans agreed for years. Same is true for Silva. Tarnished.

Silva fans can stop with the goat talk. A known cheater cannot be the goat. That's how it works in every other sport as well. Asterisk on his entire legacy. He didn't take a steroid to heal his fucking leg. Having an injury is no excuse to cheat.

Instead hes a no division champ, fraudster and drug cheat.

Oh well. Que sera sera.

Since they are both proven cheaters it's all even. Silva came out with the W though. If Chael beat Jones it would have been poetic. Lost the fight he should have won and won the fight he should have lost.

Dude didn't have the heart to win either of them. Was taken out by opponents with more mental, emotional and physical firepower, whether he was cheating or not.

I could have had 3000 likes, had I been better at posting.

Lets say Anderson never submits him and chael wins the belt.

Shogun was champ at the same time. Chael could have moved up and tapped him.
Well I was thinking more along the lines of him winning a fluke injury TKO vs Bones because of the toe.

But yes he would have been a two division champ IF silva didn't submit him and he lasted to the 2nd round vs Jones.

What could have been. Hope to see Chael back one day. I think we will.

Back