Chad Mendes: "If I'm completely prepared I win that fight every single time."

"hey retard" - you come across well.

Mendes was mentioning these things in the post fight press conference. And McGregor couldn't train wrestling or do full MMA sparring for his entire camp, who cares?

Winners win.

You stay mad though, little fella.

I don't think the two are really comparable. Conor was still training for fucking ever for this fight. Mendes had two weeks. So let's not pretend like their quality of conditioning was even close.

You guys are just morons if you don't see Chad beating McGregor with a full camp.

Knowing he was not in shape I wish Chad would have not taken the fight so the UFC would have been forced to give the fight to Frankie.

I'm keeping a list of unbeatable fighters. Am I missing anyone?

Healthy Shogun
Motivated Penn
Head on Straight Palhares
Sea Level Cain
Fully Prepared Mendes

I don't think the two are really comparable. Conor was still training for fucking ever for this fight. Mendes had two weeks. So let's not pretend like their quality of conditioning was even close.

Conor's always training though, seriously, he doesn't take weeks at a time off out of camp. He also had a completely different opponent sprung on him on short notice.

And didn't Mendes have 5 weeks? I do agree that Mendes would have better cardio given a full camp but he's never exactly been Frankie Edgar.

since fighters are so poor they can't turn down making a few hundred thousand dollars even if they are not in ideal condition to be fighting for the belt

I'm keeping a list of unbeatable fighters. Am I missing anyone?

Healthy Shogun
Motivated Penn
Head on Straight Palhares
Sea Level Cain
Fully Prepared Mendes

well, fully prepared Mendes couldn't beat Aldo. But he'd beat McGregor. Funny, it makes one lead to certain conclusions...

You guys are just morons if you don't see Chad beating McGregor with a full camp.

Just like we were all morons for not seeing that Chad would beat him a month ago.

I don't know about that Chad .... What if Connor had a whole camp to prepare for you ?

I do think the fight would go longer and Connor does receive a lot more punishment .

But when that fight happens it will be up to whom ever wants it the most that night

Connor is viscous man how many other fighters in the world can KO Chad in round two ?

I don't know about that Chad .... What if Connor had a whole camp to prepare for you ?

I do think the fight would go longer and Connor does receive a lot more punishment .

But when that fight happens it will be up to whom ever wants it the most that night

Connor is viscous man how many other fighters in the world can KO Chad in round two ?

Aldo did it in one.

"... a fight with Jose Aldo will be easily the biggest fight in the history of the UFC. Give me your thoughts on that." Joe didn't ask him his thoughts on why Aldo didn't fight nor anything related to injuries. McGregor brought it up without being asked. And so did his coach with the knee excuse to why his TDD looked so poor.

Again...absolutely nothing to do with his fight with Mendes. It had 0 reference to his performance and was entirely tied to the fact that he showed up to fight and Jose didn't. That is the point.

Here it is at the press conference where he is blatantly asked about the camp injuries. And again, he speaks of it as a reference to "showing up." To Aldo. Not in reference to his performance at all.

Again...absolutely nothing to do with his fight with Mendes. It had 0 reference to his performance and was entirely tied to the fact that he showed up to fight and Jose didn't. That is the point.

Here it is at the press conference where he is blatantly asked about the camp injuries. And again, he speaks of it as a reference to "showing up." To Aldo. Not in reference to his performance at all.

I merely mentioned McGregor brought up his injuries without being asked about it, and that's what he did in the interview after the fight. It's a fact, you can watch the interview and see for yourself. I don't get why you are trying to shame Mendes over answering a question about an injury he could have disclosed earlier but chose not to. Nobody cares about it anymore and Mendes didn't try to take anything away from McGregor, he's simply answering a question. The interviewer himself emphasized he was the one bringing it up. Chad saved the night and was classy the whole time, there's really no need to try to make him look bad.

Except the time it happened.....

9bkx2p.jpg

What part of "complely prepared" did you not read?

I would definitely take Full Camp Chad in that fight any day of the week.

He got caught in the second round ffs. If he gassed in the 5th ok, you might have a point.

Too bad he got caught circling off sloppily on the cage. The same place Conner knocked out others. The truth is his chin just can't handle the shots he will need to endure to win the fight.

Every week he adds on another excuse when he started out saying he always stays in shape.

Conors sternum kicks totally gassed him out because he couldn't catch his breath.

I don't see what's wrong with just learning from the loss and moving on instead of making yourself look like a Brazillian in training

Back