Chad Mendes: "If I'm completely prepared I win that fight every single time."

RJ43

The Baddy
@Gold
Reaction score
Starts at 1:54

Pretty funny interview. Ariel gives him props for not complaining about the fight, and then the rest of the 20 minute interview is every excuse in the book as to why he lost.

- Not prepared
- Should not have tried to pass
- Only way he could have lost is if Conor tagged him on the feet
- Too slippery
- Fought with a fractured foot

Anyone that can move around and can stay light on their feet and take this guy down is going to win that fight every single time.

You forgot to mention Chad didn't bring it up, Ariel specifically asked him about his foot and he replied to the question. Did you want him to lie about his foot just to make McGregor look better?

He seemed pretty sure he was going to win the first time too.

So Chad's giving more fuel to Duane's idea of not training like a champion, after bad mouthing him.

Conor finishes him in under a minute next time. I look forward to making a profit off the doubters once again.

You forgot to mention Chad didn't bring it up, Ariel specifically asked him about his foot and he replied to the question. Did you want him to lie about his foot just to make McGregor look better?

Conor never brought up his knee injury either, yet Kavenaugh got shit on by being asked the same question by Ariel. Can't have it both ways.

Yeah, that's what you needed Chad, an extra week.

Conor never brought up his knee injury either, yet Kavenaugh got shit on by being asked the same question by Ariel. Can't have it both ways.
The minute the fight was over he was already running his mouth and talking about how his injuries were much worse than Aldo's.

It's disappointing to me to hear Chad say he wish he hadn't tried the pass. Even in losing, I liked how aggressive he was with those attempts. That was the only moment in the fight where he really had Conor in danger.

The last outcome I'd want from that fight is fighters to have even more incentive to try and lay and pray.

i wondered when this would come out.

curious whether he thinks the kicks took it out of him, or whether it was solely the short camp. does he say anything about that in the video i'm not going to watch?

The minute the fight was over he was already running his mouth and talking about how his injuries were much worse than Aldo's.

He made that comment once in response to a question he was asked regarding whether he thought Jose should have fought. He did not bring it up himself, and he never went into detail about the injury.

Kavenaugh was the one that broke the news on the knee, and that was also in response to a question.

Before the fight: "no excuses, i'm in great shape, short camp means no injuries, i'll beat him for sure"

After the fight: "I was injured, a long camp was what I needed, he'd never beat me if I was in better shape"

McGregor was injured too and took a different opponent, who is the most dangerous stylistic matchup he could face, with almost no notice, and finished the fight in the 2nd round.

Amen and Conor bless.

What part of "complely prepared" did you not read?

I would definitely take Full Camp Chad in that fight any day of the week.

As would i... i would even put money down on a fully prepared chad.... just how im looking into putting money on aldo.

But why would he take that fight injured...

UFC 189; Chad Mendes: $500,000
UFC Fight Night 63; Chad Mendes: $96,000 ($48,000 win bonus)

Oh.

He just went in there to collect a pay check. Was probably surprised by how easy it was to take Conor down.

So wait if he stays light on feet and doesn't try to pass he thinks he wins. So basically if he avoids fighting at all costs he can win. Good to know

Back