Chad Mendes: "If I'm completely prepared I win that fight every single time."

Conor finishes him in under a minute next time. I look forward to making a profit off the doubters once again.

I'd definitely bet against that outcome.

Lol at the idiots who think he took conor down easy which translates into him winning a rematch... conor had a bum knee with no grappling and still fought and won. But im not mad at Chad, he obviously needs to have that attitude if he wants to be at the
top.

I agree with Chad, McGregor is way too inferior as a fighter. Even in that fight Canner got lucky, that is to say.

He's right of course.

So far I haven't seen any arguments to suggest he's wrong.

I have no issue with Chad saying that
He wants a re-match & he did step-up to replace Aldo (obviously for the $$$, but he still did).

He's right of course.

So far I haven't seen any arguments to suggest he's wrong.

It doesn't work that way - he makes the claim, he needs to back it up.

The problem with that it is, he can't, because it didn't happen. It's just a what-if scenario with entirely too many ifs. We can talk about it all we want, but there's really no way to arrive at a proper conclusions without actually having that scenario itself unfold.

It doesn't work that way - he makes the claim, he needs to back it up.

The problem with that it is, he can't, because it didn't happen. It's just a what-if scenario with entirely too many ifs. We can talk about it all we want, but there's really no way to arrive at a proper conclusions without actually having that scenario itself unfold.

Well we saw Chad have success in areas of that fight despite not training for it. I don't think it's unreasonable to conclude that with the proper and fair preparation, Chad would increase the success he's already shown.

I mean he definitely lost, so there's no changing history, but there is a lot of evidence to suggest that he could win on a full training camp.

I'm sure that they'll fight again eventually.

Conor beat the crap out of him for most of the fight. And Mendes is going to beat him in a rematch? Not.

Conor beat the crap out of him for most of the fight. And Mendes is going to beat him in a rematch? Not.

Mendes laid on him, cry about being elbowed, and Conor stood up the second he actually tired to do anything.

So now 'Full Camp Mendes' enters the lexicon of mythology...

Conor finishes him in under a minute next time. I look forward to making a profit off the doubters once again.

how do you know that they would make sure herb is reffing rematch?

Well we saw Chad have success in areas of that fight despite not training for it. I don't think it's unreasonable to conclude that with the proper and fair preparation, Chad would increase the success he's already shown.

True - that's a fair opinion.

I think the most I'll personally say is that it's fair to assume it would be a different fight.

In what universe does Chad do better than he did last time? In a two round fight he took down Conor 4 times and kept him on the ground for pretty much the entire second round. In the very limited time Conor had to work with on the feet...he still managed to fold Chad in half in less than 2 rounds. Is Chad going to take him down even more next time? And hold him down longer next time? If you're honest...Conor is the one who can win the "most improved fighter" next time around. LOL at Chad having better cardio next time. What about Conor with some decent wrestling practice (without a knee injury) and a little longer to prepare for Chad's take downs? Chad can't do much better than he did last time. But Conor can and will be WAY better.

Meh, Matt Hughes talked about not training for fights and he said it would only affect you in the championship rounds. Full camp or not, he got KO'd in the second before any effects of a short camp would have.

Starts at 1:54

Pretty funny interview. Ariel gives him props for not complaining about the fight, and then the rest of the 20 minute interview is every excuse in the book as to why he lost.

- Not prepared
- Should not have tried to pass
- Only way he could have lost is if Conor tagged him on the feet
- Too slippery
- Fought with a fractured foot

This is something I'll never understand.
Why do this? Have you lost your brain???

I mean, who are we talking about?
A f'ing fighter. An elite fighter who was the #2 in the world, behind only the champion.

WTF do you expect him to say? That he knew he'd lose?
Obviously he will have those reasonings why he lost.

And I bet COnor had them too. If he'd lose you would hear how he was injured in training, how he didn't prepare for a wrestler, and so on!

Those are not simple excuses, but it is something that anyone who plays a sport such as MMA, that have the confidence that they can beat anyone in the world, would have reasons why they fail. because without them, they'd have no hope to ever compete in this sport!

Seriously, MMA has the worse type of fans EVER! No class, no respect! :redface:

Mendes might be able to lay on him for 5 rounds with a full camp.

Back