Chad Mendes: "If I'm completely prepared I win that fight every single time."

If McGregor has more than 2 weeks to prepare for a wrestler he fucks Mendes up in one.

Full Camp Mendes, Sea Level Cain, Large cage Machida. Sherdog shelling out the good shit this year

I'd love to see a rematch but it will never happen. Conor will move up after Aldo, win or lose.

He made that comment once in response to a question he was asked regarding whether he thought Jose should have fought. He did not bring it up himself, and he never went into detail about the injury.

Kavenaugh was the one that broke the news on the knee, and that was also in response to a question.
Wrong, in the interview with Joe Rogan just after the fight Joe asks him his thoughts on fighting Jose Aldo and he immediately brings up having worse injuries.

I'm not gonna be one of those guys making excuses, now here's excuse 3.C

bjpennwahhhhh.gif

Chad regretting passing guard I guess he underestimated Conors submission defence. He'd be happy just to sit in guard for 5 rounds and throw an elbow every 30 seconds no one wants to see that boring lay and pray crap.

Then don't take fights on short notice or when you hurt

AldoKnows

I'm not gonna be one of those guys making excuses, now here's excuse 3.C

hey retard, the interviewer even bothers to say before the question, that he's the one bringing it up not Mendes, fractured foot couldn't stand on it for 4 days of the 15 days of training he had. hadn't even been training since the lamas fight and still was doing very well until he gassed out.

This would also explain why Mendes was picked instead of Edgar.

Chad is just not seeing things clearly. Conor does. That's why he is where he is and that's why Conor is where he is.

Last edited:
Wrong, in the interview with Joe Rogan just after the fight Joe asks him his thoughts on fighting Jose Aldo and he immediately brings up having worse injuries.

Yes...in response to fighting Jose Aldo and what his thoughts are on why Aldo didn't fight. It was never in any reference to his performance against Chad.

If he had pulled a Mendes here it would be more like:

"Conor you were taken down 4 out of 7 times in this fight.I know you haven't said this, but did the change of opponent or an injury leave you unprepared to face a wrestler?"

"Eeeehhhhh I'm not saying it's why I couldn't stop him, but I fooked me knee up months ago and couldn't even walk and...eehhhhh... dats why I couldn't stop him. I felt me knee fall apaaart in me first wrestling session and dat was it. If I had known Chad was the opponent and me knee was held togedda right, I could stop all of his take downs."

But Conor didn't have to explain anything because he won. And not only did he win, he did so in the exact fashion he predicted he would. Excuses only come out when people have to justify an unfavorable outcome.

Organization protects their biggest most promising prospect. Nothing surprising there really. It would have been disastrous if Chad someone beat him though.

This would also explain why Mendes was picked instead of Edgar.

I also find it weird to see edgar getting a title shot at 135... trying to get rid of the wrestlers at 145..

I wouldn't expect him not to say that. I think we get the opportunity to see them fight again down the road.

hey retard, the interviewer even bothers to say before the question, that he's the one bringing it up not Mendes, fractured foot couldn't stand on it for 4 days of the 15 days of training he had. hadn't even been training since the lamas fight and still was doing very well until he gassed out.

"hey retard" - you come across well.

Mendes was mentioning these things in the post fight press conference. And McGregor couldn't train wrestling or do full MMA sparring for his entire camp, who cares?

Winners win.

You stay mad though, little fella.

Yes...in response to fighting Jose Aldo and what his thoughts are on why Aldo didn't fight. It was never in any reference to his performance against Chad.

If he had pulled a Mendes here it would be more like:

"Conor you were taken down 4 out of 7 times in this fight.I know you haven't said this, but did the change of opponent or an injury leave you unprepared to face a wrestler?"

"Eeeehhhhh I'm not saying it's why I couldn't stop him, but I fooked me knee up months ago and couldn't even walk and...eehhhhh... dats why I couldn't stop him. I felt me knee fall apaaart in me first wrestling session and dat was it. If I had known Chad was the opponent and me knee was held togedda right, I could stop all of his take downs."

But Conor didn't have to explain anything because he won. And not only did he win, he did so in the exact fashion he predicted he would. Excuses only come out when people have to justify an unfavorable outcome.
"... a fight with Jose Aldo will be easily the biggest fight in the history of the UFC. Give me your thoughts on that." Joe didn't ask him his thoughts on why Aldo didn't fight nor anything related to injuries. McGregor brought it up without being asked. And so did his coach with the knee excuse to why his TDD looked so poor.

But why would he take that fight injured...

UFC 189; Chad Mendes: $500,000
UFC Fight Night 63; Chad Mendes: $96,000 ($48,000 win bonus)

Oh.

He just went in there to collect a pay check. Was probably surprised by how easy it was to take Conor down.

Exactly. He said he was prepared and ready to fight because of $500,000. If he said, "there's no way I can get ready for a fight in 2 weeks against a big guy who's been training for the fight of his life the past couple months" the fight might have been tossed to Edgar.

Back