Cerrone vs Pettis.

Both fighters have a great submission game but one has been submitted and the other hasn't ever been even threatened by one.

Benson seemed to have a threatening RNC on Pettis until he amazingly reversed it.

This will be a great fight. I'm taking Pettis, I think he is more smooth and technical. But Cerrone is tough and he can bring it too. Can't wait for this one to go down.

He is good. But it's obviously not impossible and pettis has as good a submission game as anyone

True. I have watched Anthony's last couple of fights and have not been that impressed. except the Joe fight in Japan.

Bump!

How do fights like this not get talked about a lot? WTF!

CERRONE IS TOUGH AND CAN TAKE LOTS OF PUNISHMENT....ALA DIAZ. I SEE PETTIS MORE AGGRESSIVE EARLY ON AND THEN TIRING A LITTLE ALLOWING CERRONE TO GET A 3rd round TKO!:icon_evil

CERRONE IS TOUGH AND CAN TAKE LOTS OF PUNISHMENT....ALA DIAZ. I SEE PETTIS MORE AGGRESSIVE EARLY ON AND THEN TIRING A LITTLE ALLOWING CERRONE TO GET A 3rd round TKO!:icon_evil

YEAH! RIGHT ON! but probably not, no.

Hahaha why not? Both guys are finishers.

Could happen, but I just see Pettis as being a little faster, with a little better wrestling and a little more polished striking. Pettis decision IMO.

Could happen, but I just see Pettis as being a little faster, with a little better wrestling and a little more polished striking. Pettis decision IMO.

Most likely outcome, but I wouldn't be shocked if it didn't go the distance.

How good is Anthony's chin? I can't remember seeing him get hit flush.

He doesn't get hit flush too often, he's pretty crafty. I think he took some pretty hard shots from Benson in there fight though.

as much as I would like to see Donald win, Im saying Anthony wins this fight via stoppage

I'm interested to see what Cerrone does if things aren't going well for him in the stand up. Anybody think he will shoot on Pettis? The Diaz fight showed he needs to mix things up more.

I'm interested to see what Cerrone does if things aren't going well for him in the stand up. Anybody think he will shoot on Pettis? The Diaz fight showed he needs to mix things up more.

He seems like the type to stand and bang even if he's losing, that was certainly the case against Diaz but he might also have been wary of Diaz's ground game, he doesnt have to be quite as fearful of Pettis' ground game so a shot is more like imo.

Awesome fight been looking forward for it for a while now, Pettis headkick KO.

posted it a while ago

but yes, the fight is going to be sick, im going with cowboy

I haven't seen Pettis fight in awhile. I had Pettis ahead of Cerrone back in the Strikeforce days, but Cerrone has improved a lot while in the UFC. Should be a great and very close fight. Cerrone is a bit bigger, but Pettis is a bit quicker and unpredictable. Both are great fighters and legit contenders.

They didn't fight for Strikeforce they fought in the WEC. With that aside I can see where you are coming from, but I have always thought Donald was/is a far better fighter than Pettis and I am a huge Pettis fan as well.

Either way this fight has FOTY written all over it....

Back