Cerrone vs Pettis.

Can't wait for this fight. Going with Pettis. I've always been impressed with him just about every time he fights. Sick BJJ and incredible kicks. He's not afraid to trade a little leather, either. Always rooting for the guy.

They didn't fight for Strikeforce they fought in the WEC. With that aside I can see where you are coming from, but I have always thought Donald was/is a far better fighter than Pettis and I am a huge Pettis fan as well.

Either way this fight has FOTY written all over it....

What sways you to picking Donald?

What sways you to picking Donald?

I've seen almost all of Donald's professional fights and have been able to watch him progress and grow as a Mixed Martial Artist. And I've seen all of Anthony's fights under the Zuffa banner (WEC/UFC). Both are similar as they both have great stand up and both have a good submission game.

I pick Donald mostly because I am biases as he's my favorite fighter but also I think Cerrone is a more dangerous fighter. He also has a good chin that has been tested. Anthony hasn't taken too many solid shots to say whether or not his has a good chin.

But like I said this fight has FOTY written all over it, should be a win win for the fans.

I'm interested to see what Cerrone does if things aren't going well for him in the stand up. Anybody think he will shoot on Pettis? The Diaz fight showed he needs to mix things up more.

I think if anything the Diaz fight showed that he needs to not exchange punches with one of the most dangerous volume punchers in MMA. He implemented his kicking game way too late and let Diaz get in his head. Cerrone went out there trying to prove a point, which is never a good way to approach an MMA fight.

Cerrone is very good on the feet but has a tendency to put himself in harms way. While he definitely has a tested chin he also has been in quite a few bad spots in his career (especially in the Guillard fight). His defense is a bit lacking and Pettis throws everything much faster than Cerrone and is far trickier.

Cerrone is not going to be able to shoot on Pettis either or out wrestle him. Pettis generally has good TDD and that will be especially true against a taller fighter who's bread and butter is not wrestling.

I've seen almost all of Donald's professional fights and have been able to watch him progress and grow as a Mixed Martial Artist. And I've seen all of Anthony's fights under the Zuffa banner (WEC/UFC). Both are similar as they both have great stand up and both have a good submission game.

I pick Donald mostly because I am biases as he's my favorite fighter but also I think Cerrone is a more dangerous fighter. He also has a good chin that has been tested. Anthony hasn't taken too many solid shots to say whether or not his has a good chin.

But like I said this fight has FOTY written all over it, should be a win win for the fans.

Cool. I'm a big fan of both guys so I wasn't looking to tear you down haha. Cerrone is a bad ass, always fun to watch fight. I think the loss to Diaz was good for him. Very interested to see what he brings to the table against Pettis. This is a fight I've wanted to see since the WEC. Excellent stylistic match up!

I think if anything the Diaz fight showed that he needs to not exchange punches with one of the most dangerous volume punchers in MMA. He implemented his kicking game way too late and let Diaz get in his head. Cerrone went out there trying to prove a point, which is never a good way to approach an MMA fight.

Cerrone is very good on the feet but has a tendency to put himself in harms way. While he definitely has a tested chin he also has been in quite a few bad spots in his career (especially in the Guillard fight). His defense is a bit lacking and Pettis throws everything much faster than Cerrone and is far trickier.

Cerrone is not going to be able to shoot on Pettis either or out wrestle him. Pettis generally has good TDD and that will be especially true against a taller fighter who's bread and butter is not wrestling.

I agree. The reason I brought up Cerrone shooting on him was mostly for the element of surprise/ it's possible he could get outclassed standing. I'm hoping this is a back and forth war, I don't enjoy watching Cowboy get dominated.

Great fight, I'm still not sure who I'm picking yet. Definitely FOTY possibility in my mind.

I fucking love this fight.

This is the kind of fight I'd never bet on. But I'll give a slight edge to Cerrone just because his chin is as solid as I've ever seen and if it comes down to who can take a shot to give one I think Cerrone will take it.

Cerrone gets hit in fights. And pettis will put you down any chance he gets. Cerrone just doesn't have the stand up to stick with pettis, offensively or defensively

Cerrone gets hit in fights. And pettis will put you down any chance he gets. Cerrone just doesn't have the stand up to stick with pettis, offensively or defensively

I see where you're coming from but when has Cerrone ever been put down by anyone? I think it would be a bad gameplan for Pettis if he tries to stand and trade with Cerrone.

I see where you're coming from but when has Cerrone ever been put down by anyone? I think it would be a bad gameplan for Pettis if he tries to stand and trade with Cerrone.

Pettis has more power speed and diversity than diaz. Cerrone really has no advantage standing.

Cerrone really has no advantages over pettis.

I can see pettis knocking him down then subbing him.

I give Cerrone an edge in experience without question. Hes fought 4 more times in the UFC than Pettis and has 6 more fights total.

Stylistically I give an edge to Athony in almost every category although not by much. It's one of the better match ups this year and there's slim chance these guys will cancel each other out. I expect this fight to have a bit of everything if it doesn't end real fast.

Pettis has more power speed and diversity than diaz. Cerrone really has no advantage standing.

Diaz is a unique striker in the division and honestly I don't think Cerrone looked right in that fight. I could be wrong, but like I said there is no one better at 155 when it comes to taking a shot to give one back so we'll see how Pettis deals with that because Cerrone will find his chin.

Cerrone vs Pettis, no one seems to be talking about this. Potential FOTY imo, assuming that neither man gets smashed early. Who ya got, how, and why?

ima say cerrone in a stand up battle and i say the leg kicks will be the difference

I'm interested to see what Cerrone does if things aren't going well for him in the stand up. Anybody think he will shoot on Pettis? The Diaz fight showed he needs to mix things up more.

cerrone is a badass fighter he wont be taking pettis down for sure

donald by switch high kick to the head TKO

Back