Cartel Message In El Paso, Texas.

Yes, old farmers are certainly more bad ass than billion dollar criminal organizations.

We should just sent old farmers into Mexico and solve all of the problems.

You...dont know much of what's going on down there, do you?

I'd be willing to bet the pics in the OP are a hoax.

The Mexican cartels are a business. They can operate with impunity in Mexico, but if they were to begin killing people and strong arming Americans, they would draw too much attention and the US government would be forced to act. that's not good for business.

I always thought Texas was a state of punishment against criminals. What happened over there? I guess the criminals have taken the upper hand, not good once they get an inch they will want it all. :icon_chee

you guys are arguing hypotheticals that mean absolutely nothing. Who would win in a fight, Chuck Norris or the Dos Equis guy?

Your opinion doesn't really reflect the reality of Mexico now, or what it has been for the last 10 years.

If it was easy to be rid of the Cartels, why haven't they been eliminated?

Again, this doesn't match the reality of the situation. On top of that you have articles like this:

I think you are drastically underestimating the muscle of the cartels.

I don't see how a ranch provides an advantage. Frankly it is a huge disadvantage. You are stuck in a known and fixed position. The cartels could send anyone, at any time, to complete the hit. They have ALL of the advantages.

So you talk to guys in the drug trade and these guys tell you that the cartels are really just pushovers?

Right, which they have, in large part, due to violence.

No, it doesn't shoot bullets. It does buy guns and bullets, and the people who know how to use them.

You act like it was a graduating class of ex-military and that no one has defected since then. That seems ignorant to me. There are shit tons of combat troops, both Americans and Mexicans, and the cartels have enough money to continually buy talent. They can essentially buy whatever they need.

I agree they aren't trying to conquer a city. That's not at all what I'm talking about. We are talking about making a cross border raid to kill a rancher who is causing them issues. The same type of intimidation they do ALL OF THE TIME in Mexico. Which is the reason journalists, police officers, soldiers, and others conceal their identity.

No, but making sure that the ranchers are not attempting to stop the trade is in their best interest. If they have so much low level muscle what would it matter if they lost 1, 2 or even 300 low level pieces of shit in furthering the mission?

I don't think that is 100% true. You are only hearing about the drug lords that fuck with high level politicians and get caught. The ones that are successful will never be known.

this entire line of reasoning hinges on the US govt not getting involved. a couple of ranchers or a judge get knocked off and they will bring back the search block. no one wants that, so there will not be violence in the states like there is in Mexico

Sherdog is full with keyboard Zetas and keyboard mercenaries.

Jesus... it's not literally all desert, fucking thank you. There's no major mountain range that runs through it, that's the point. Everywhere has at least a mountain or hill in it, that's not groundbreaking. Still, when you have four major regions and three consist of 'desert and plains' it's kind of obvious.

So don't call it a "flat desert" and allude to there being no mountains all in effort to support whatever point it was you were trying to make. For anyone who knows a thing or two about Texas it makes you seem like you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Especially when the city you're talking about, which I'm guessing you've never been to, actually has mountains.

And might I add, lol @ "everywhere has a mountain or a hill." Yet another statement that's not true. At least you're consistent.

I'd be willing to bet the pics in the OP are a hoax.

The Mexican cartels are a business. They can operate with impunity in Mexico, but if they were to begin killing people and strong arming Americans, they would draw too much attention and the US government would be forced to act. that's not good for business.

this. right now the violence in Mexico is just that: in Mexico. they just arent that high on the USA`s priority list. getting all crazy and publicly opposing the us govt in Texas would be a terrible idea.

didn't one of the cartels have their henchmen kidnap a man(who had his family in the house) from his house in texas a few years back ?

Your opinion doesn't really reflect the reality of Mexico now, or what it has been for the last 10 years.

If it was easy to be rid of the Cartels, why haven't they been eliminated?

Why hasnt the US which has spent billions over billions of dollars eliminated drug trade? there is nothing to eliminate only market forces, there are consumers, so there are suppliers.

The mexican government has killed how many major druglords by now? like 20-30? about 5 of them with the power Pablo Escobar had. Doesnt matters, the moment someone is killed, 3 guys are already at their throats to get his place.

Again, this doesn't match the reality of the situation. On top of that you have articles like this:

Russia Today? really?

I think you are drastically underestimating the muscle of the cartels.

Really? they run from any non-corrupt police force even local ones, they ran from the defense militias who were armed with hunting rifles.

I don't see how a ranch provides an advantage. Frankly it is a huge disadvantage. You are stuck in a known and fixed position. The cartels could send anyone, at any time, to complete the hit. They have ALL of the advantages.

Stop watching movies, yes im pretty sure they have sleeper agents ready 24/7 to get anyone, anywhere.

Most of the times if you have a beef with a local druglord you simply move to another city and problem solved, because how tight they are cracking on them, nobody is going to risk an interstate search for anyone, they are pretty limited.

So you talk to guys in the drug trade and these guys tell you that the cartels are really just pushovers?

I dont even... do you know how the trade even works?

Right, which they have, in large part, due to violence.

No, in large parts due to paying massive amounts of cash to all kind of levels of politicians.

There have been people who think they are Pablo Escobar and have tried to influence high level politics and to intimidate the armed forces and the federal police instead of paying, that dude didnt lasted 3 months as the head of one of the major cartels at the time.

No, it doesn't shoot bullets. It does buy guns and bullets, and the people who know how to use them.

No, it doesnt, it buys the people that control the guys that know how to use bullets and have access to all kind of military weapons and training.

I think your view of the trade is based in movies from the 80s.

You act like it was a graduating class of ex-military and that no one has defected since then. That seems ignorant to me. There are shit tons of combat troops, both Americans and Mexicans, and the cartels have enough money to continually buy talent. They can essentially buy whatever they need.

Source.

I agree they aren't trying to conquer a city. That's not at all what I'm talking about. We are talking about making a cross border raid to kill a rancher who is causing them issues. The same type of intimidation they do ALL OF THE TIME in Mexico. Which is the reason journalists, police officers, soldiers, and others conceal their identity.

Yes, kill a rancher, and the next day you have an army standing there in your trade route, better to bribe him off or just flip the finger, killing gringos is like killing yourself in the trade.

No, but making sure that the ranchers are not attempting to stop the trade is in their best interest. If they have so much low level muscle what would it matter if they lost 1, 2 or even 300 low level pieces of shit in furthering the mission?

Do you think low level pieces of shit are like mindless drones?

I don't think that is 100% true. You are only hearing about the drug lords that fuck with high level politicians and get caught. The ones that are successful will never be known.

Yes, the illuminati and lizardmen who actually control the drug trade.

Agreed. It wouldn't take many dead Americans for the marines to swarm into Ciudad Juarez and start mowing down gangsters. The Mexican govt knows where they are I'm sure, they can't move on them for political reasons but I doubt they'd have any qualms about giving us that info in support of targeted strikes.

The mexican government will never accept intervention of US armed forces.

And whats that BS about never moving on them? they move on them all the time, someone just pops back the moment someone is removed.

Same would happen if theorically mexico allowed the US to intervene, its called market forces, the only way to stop the illegal trade is legalization or killing demand.

Texans are not afraid.

These aren't peasant farmers you're trying to intimidate anymore, these are Americans.

I'm guessing that the majority of people on this forum have never been to El paso or any of the border towns in south Texas. This notion of the old redneck farmer with a shotgun in one hand and an american flag in the other is comedy. There's literally no white people in these border towns. It's just like being in Mexico honestly. These "badass ranchers" in places like Laredo or any of the small towns down in the valley are scared shitless of the cartels.

The mexican government will never accept intervention of US armed forces.

And whats that BS about never moving on them? they move on them all the time, someone just pops back the moment someone is removed.

Same would happen if theorically mexico allowed the US to intervene, its called market forces, the only way to stop the illegal trade is legalization or killing demand.

the USA isn't known for respecting sovereignty.

and as you pointed out earlier, a cartels power isn't in a direct fight, it is the money it can use to bribe people. that would be significantly lessened against drone strikes, the favored tactic of the US military. an actual conflict with the USA would grind drug traffic to a screeching halt while they try to stay away from those things.

not that any of that will happen, because the current situation is pretty good for both the cartels and the US govt.

user-texas-girl-920-0.jpg

hunters have a skill set that they have been practicing since childhood and they're extremely good at it.

I would put my wife or daughter in a shooting competition against any "gangster/cartel" and promise you my wife and daughter is more accurate from a much much further distance.

Damn, would wife.

I thought CIA had them "under control" so-to-speak?
or did they support one cartel to the point that it feels so powerful now that they are ready to bite the hand that fed them?

Why hasnt the US which has spent billions over billions of dollars eliminated drug trade? there is nothing to eliminate only market forces, there are consumers, so there are suppliers.

We've spent billions of dollars because those cartels are not easy to be rid of. If all it took was a little bit of resistance from the Mexican people, or any other solution, it would have done.

The mexican government has killed how many major druglords by now? like 20-30? about 5 of them with the power Pablo Escobar had. Doesnt matters, the moment someone is killed, 3 guys are already at their throats to get his place.

I'm not sure the number, and it doesn't matter, because as you said there are others to fill the empty slots. Which supports the idea that despite organized resistance the cartels stay around. They aren't going to be done away with by a little push back.

Russia Today? really?

Attacking the source? Really? There are plenty of articles that state the same thing. The guys from Ft. Carson still got sentenced, etc, etc.

I dont even... do you know how the trade even works?

LOL. Just stop using yourself as a reference. You are not a recognized expert so it doesn't support your argument. On top of that I don't believe you are talking to people connected to the cartels.

I gave you a source, which you questioned. You can find ample sources for the same story, but here you go:

Mexican cartels are recruiting hit men from the U.S. military, offering big money to highly-trained soldiers to carry out contract killings and potentially share their skills with gangsters south of the border, according to law enforcement experts.

The involvement of three American soldiers in separate incidents, including a 2009 murder that led to last week’s life sentence for a former Army private, underscore a problem the U.S. military has fought hard to address.

"We have seen examples over the past few years where American servicemen are becoming involved in this type of activity," said Fred Burton, vice president for STRATFOR Global Intelligence. "It is quite worrisome to have individuals with specialized military training and combat experience being associated with the cartels."

Source

A 48-year-old former U.S. Army sergeant was accused of being the ringleader of a five-man squad that acted as a hit squad for drug traffickers, CNN reported on Friday.

Joseph Hunter, as well as his accomplices, was charged with conspiracy to murder a law enforcement agent, conspiracy to kill a person to prevent communications to law enforcement, conspiracy to import cocaine into the United States and other drug and weapons-related crimes.

Hunter was due to arrive in New York on Friday night after being extradited from Thailand, where he was arrested. Two of his alleged cohorts, 42-year-old Timothy Vamvakias — like Hunter, an ex-Army sergeant — and 27-year-old ex-German Army member Dennis Gogel arrived in New York Thursday following extradition from Liberia. The group was contracted to kill a federal drug agent and an informant.

Source

A U.S. congressman with years of law-enforcement expertise along the U.S.-Mexico border is raising a new specter in the drug war: Former U.S. soldiers are being lured by big money to provide security and other high-tech support for Mexican drug cartels.

Silvestre Reyes, a longtime Border Patrol official in Texas who now serves in Congress as a Democrat from El Paso, said yesterday that former U.S. counterintelligence officers and Green Berets are being drawn into the service of Mexican drug gangs because of their wizardry and electronic know-how for subverting U.S. anti-drug operations.

"At this point, there's not any real way for us to evaluate how widespread this is," Reyes warned. "But it exists. It's out there. We know it, and (the Mexicans) know we know it."

Source

Yes, kill a rancher, and the next day you have an army standing there in your trade route, better to bribe him off or just flip the finger, killing gringos is like killing yourself in the trade.

Sure, just like we've moved the army in every time the cartel has killed an American?

Martin Alejandro Cota-Monroy , 38, was found dead in a Chandler, Ariz., apartment on Oct. 10, his severed head several feet away from his trunk. Police later determined that he was killed in retaliation for stealing 400 pounds of marijuana from the PEI-Estatales/El Chapo Drug Trafficking Organization.

• Third-generation cattle rancher Robert Krentz, 58, and his dog, an 8-year-old heeler named Blue, were gunned down moments after Krentz reported seeing someone in trouble on his ranch, northeast of Douglas, Ariz., on March 27, 2010. Subsequent investigation suggested the killing was not random and that drug smugglers may have been responsible.

Source

No, it doesnt, it buys the people that control the guys that know how to use bullets and have access to all kind of military weapons and training.

I think your view of the trade is based in movies from the 80s.

What is the difference between "No, it doesn't shoot bullets. It does buy guns and bullets, and the people who know how to use them" and what you said?

Do you think low level pieces of shit are like mindless drones?

Weren't you the one who said:

Most cartel hitmen are regular druggies and petty criminals who are given a gun a pound of coke and they think they are Tony fucking Montana

Weren't you implying that they were just coked up, mindless pieces of shit?

Personally I think they are just poor people who want a chance to live rich like the cartel and are willing to take chances to get there. If they were ordered to go kill a rancher I'm sure they would do it. They have to do the same thing in Mexico.

Yes, the illuminati and lizardmen who actually control the drug trade.

So you really think that every cartel member who has bribed a high ranking official has been found out and reported in the news. LOL.

Back