• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Can't wait to see Rory retire BJ Penn

Does this make you cry at night?

matt%20serra%20ufc%20belt.jpg

matt-serra_georges-st-pierre.gif
[/QUOTE]

Lol, you idiots do know they had a rematch where Pierre won, right?

Something to remind you of what's to happen on Saturday

mr8gap.jpg

I am canadian, and I hope bj explodes on rory

I actually think BJ needs to be the underdog and needs to be doubted by people. I think that's what fuels him when he's at his best. With the exception of his GSP fights I think he's put up some of his best performances when there was that seed of doubt. He lost his first bout to Pulver, removed all doubt in the second fight. Nobody thought he could move up to WW and beat Matt Hughes who was an absolute beast. He put on his best performance to date that evening. He came up short twice challenging for the LW title. Third time was the charm and he held on to the belt for a few years. BJ himself has even admitted he's had great accomplishments but has gone about things the wrong way in his career. He said it bothers him that his name no longer comes up in the conversations about the greatest of all time and even said his name doesn't deserve to be. He's coming back to gain back some of that respect. Hopefully the bumps in the road and this realization gets him back on track for a couple more big wins. It may be too late to cement a legacy but maybe he can go out on a few hight notes for us to remember him by as a fighter.

Something to remind you of what's to happen on Saturday

mr8gap.jpg

Apparently the hype behind Rory is so strong that people actually believe he is as good as GSP.
Rory is easily the most overhyped fighter on sherdog right now. People claim that he was destroying condit until he got stopped and also claim that he destroyed Nate Diaz because he suplexed him a few times in the last round in what was actually a close fight that Rory edged out.

Apparently the hype behind Rory is so strong that people actually believe he is as good as GSP.
Rory is easily the most overhyped fighter on sherdog right now. People claim that he was destroying condit until he got stopped and also claim that he destroyed Nate Diaz because he suplexed him a few times in the last round in what was actually a close fight that Rory edged out.

I never said he was the next GSP. But it's not rocket science to know Penn is going to get hurt.

I'm getting sick of all the BJ Penn fans crying about the little bit of smack talk Rory has done for this fight.

Penn talks more smack than anyone.. And as I recall he started the shit talk with Rory.

This is the same Penn who accused GSP of taking steroids, the same Penn who said GSP has no heart and will quit once he gets hurt, only to quit himself during their fight.

I could make full page thread just on disrespectful things BJ Penn has said.

At this point Penn deserves any kind of smack talk he gets.

Rory is going to beat Penn into oblivion and then we finally wont have to listen to BJ Penn fans anymore, because Penn will be retired with a laughable record of 2-5-1 at WW.

Good riddance!

penns going to t/ko or submit rory. penns takedown defense is legendary and diaz is the only guy who had to the style to beat penn at standup who couldn't take him down. rory isn't better than fitch at grinding and rorys not going to win standing lets be honest here.

I thought the entire Baby Jay fanbase abandoned ship prior to the Diaz fight but looks like there are about half a dozen or so left that bothered to show up in this thread.

No more Gracie BJJ all day, BigAl14, Positive Balance, Face Dancer, Jerzey Devil, RVCA man. Penn tricked 'em too many times.

The last time Baby Jay tied his all-time best UFC win streak of 3 fights in a row was almost 5 years ago!

Baby Jay's entire career has been inconsistent. He has never strung together more than 3 wins in a row throughout his entire UFC career dating back to 2001.

Here’s a synopsis of his winning percentage since returning to the UFC in 2006:
Won 6 of his last 13 fights for a win percentage of .462!

Won 3 of his last 8 fights for a win percentage of .375!

Won 1 of his last 5 fights for a win percentage of .200!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm getting sick of all the BJ Penn fans crying about the little bit of smack talk Rory has done for this fight.

Penn talks more smack than anyone.. And as I recall he started the shit talk with Rory.

This is the same Penn who accused GSP of taking steroids, the same Penn who said GSP has no heart and will quit once he gets hurt, only to quit himself during their fight.

Rory is going to beat Penn into oblivion and then we finally wont have to listen to BJ Penn fans anymore, because Penn will be retired with a laughable record of 2-5-1 at WW.

Good riddance!

There's nothing wrong with a true martial artist challenging himself by fighting MUCH bigger fighters. To use Penn's record at WW and call it laughable, when your hero has stated he has no intention of fighting at MW because he would be at too big a disadvantage is ... laughable.

And another thing - at least Penn doesn't have a stoppage loss in his true weight class. He's never been stopped by guys that are the same size he is. EVER. He's a legend - and your smack talking is another thinly veiled hate thread.

BJ has a ton of haters on this site. See: every GSP fan.

But BJ fans, just like their idol, have tremendous respect for GSP. I just hope they don't bring their mother to court when the things get serious...

I thought the entire Baby Jay fanbase abandoned ship prior to the Diaz fight but looks like there are about half a dozen or so left that bothered to show up in this thread.

No more Gracie BJJ all day, BigAl14, Positive Balance, Face Dancer, Jerzey Devil, RVCA man. Penn tricked 'em to many times.

They did abandon ship. But the flagship runs so slow they just swam behind and hopped back up when it came out of dry docks. :icon_lol:

Oh, how I remember the unending feud between us and those guys! PB even threaten to ban me while he was mod. It's a shame we won by DQ against all those guys, pretty sure they would have gone "to the death".

Anyway, most of these guys have new accounts, they just keep their tail tucked between their legs to avoid the ban hammer once more.

Good riddance!

The way Penn has looked in recent pics, this could be a bad night for Rory if hes not careful

They did abandon ship. But the flagship runs so slow they just swam behind and hopped back up when it came out of dry docks. :icon_lol:

Oh, how I remember the unending feud between us and those guys! PB even threaten to ban me while he was mod. It's a shame we won by DQ against all those guys, pretty sure they would have gone "to the death".

Anyway, most of these guys have new accounts, they just keep their tail tucked between their legs to avoid the ban hammer once more.

^^aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, the good ole days:icon_chee!

I told everyone the better man would win.

TS, you see what you want to see...

You sound like these folks who come on here and say "so and so has the worst fans...or so and so has the worst haters"

When you say that, chances are, the fighter you're talking about is one that you either hate or are a big fan of...that's why you think their fans or haters are the worst.

Every fighter has crappy fans...every fighter has good fans. You just notice the ones that you notice because of your own opinions and feelings.

I'm getting sick of both fans TBH
One hand you have some Rory fans: He's going to retire BJ, he's going to prove how over rated BJ is, BJ has nothing for Rory, etc.
The other you have some BJ fans: Rory's a nerd, he's a metro sexual, he never really beat anyone handily, he's so high on himself he doesn't deserve the nickname ares, I think he's gay with Ricci
It's getting annoying, why can't people just appreciate them for what we really watch them for...the fighting.
/ends rant

Let's not forget Cuepee now...

Many BJ fans are dicks (see this thread for examples). I like BJ's warrior attitude, but his excuses (after losses) have always been a bit sad. If you can fight like a man, then you should be able to lose like a man too.

Accusing others of cheating is a bit pathetic too. If you are proud of having fought guys at MW or bigger, it is because you aren't afraid of that perceived advantage. You shouldn't care if a guy juiced. What is the difference between fighting a 170lb guy who uses PEDs and fighting a 200lb guy?

If only I could have just watched him fight and never heard him talk (before or after fights) I would probably be the biggest BJ Penn fan out there.

Back