Can't believe Josh Thomson will be champ

Should be a great fight! I like Thomson, I'm glad he's finally having his moment but Pettis is da future.

Josh is the "Punk", im wondering if hes gonna get along and respect Anthony or if hes gonna run his mouth & talk smack before the fight

Lol at any talk of the kawjiri fight ad if this fight would look anything like that. Kawjiri also went on to get owned by Gilbert and josh went on to beat him in most peoples mind.

I know absolutely nobody will agree with me, but I've always thought Thomson might well be the best technical kickboxer in the division.

Definitely all the tools at the ready, to give anybody a difficult fight, on any night.

That said, I think he wilts under pressure, panics, and Pettis will eventually outstrike him. Thomson being as technically rigid as he is, will have an extremely hard time dealing with Pettis' flash/slick/non-textbook style, I think, and will fold-up after taking a series of kicks to his legs/body.

I think Pettis takes it,

Shame Melendez wasn't fighting Pettis though, Melendez would beat him and become the champion.

I hope Josh wins this one, he is a wild man.
He has a good shot of winning this one.

Keep dreaming Fam. Pettis gonna sub him or knock him out. I doubt he'll put on a lay n pray on national television with 2-4 million people watching.

Bendo had great wrestling and good BJJ look what happened to him.

The problem with Josh is he often comes in not focused or not ready. He's really flighty that way. He can easily beat pettis but we'll see. Still a great fight.

For real, though I use a "sinus rinse" from neilmed as per an ENT at the u of iowa. basically, it is a neti pot on steroids, and it works much better.

that's the exact same one I use.

Thomson only chance to win is lay and pray.

A lot of people are saying how Josh is a better version of Guida, when a not as good version of Bendo seems way more accurate to me.

The problem with Josh is he often comes in not focused or not ready. He's really flighty that way. He can easily beat pettis but we'll see. Still a great fight.

Josh's problem is he always comes in injured.

Also, while Josh wrestling is really good, and his grappling even better, his striking is vastly overrated over here (specially after the Nate KO) , he will look like an amateur if he tries to strike with Anthony.

I'd have a lot more faith in Thomson if it wasn't for his poor-for-mance against Kawajiri. He got dominated and it was only a couple fights ago.

Luckily he wont be getting this fight on two and a half weeks notice as he did with that fight. That and Kawajiri being nowhere close to the style of fighter Pettis is.

Comparing the Guida fight with this fight is even more foolish. Thompson isn't just going to lay on Pettis and just defend subs like Guida did. If he gets on top he be trying to work his offense which gives Pettis more openings to work with. If anything I would say it might look like Pettis v Bendo 1 on the ground

And Ben is better than Guida... Pettis has vastly improved, accept it

So, I shouldn't compare Anderson's weakness with wrestling as proven by Weidman and Sonnen?

You guys both need to accept that Pettis's weakness is wrestling. If Josh gets ontop of Pettis frequently, it'll be a long night.

Don't be so black and white. I didn't even pick a winner. Relax. Breathe. Accept it.

The same Thomson that also got beat by Guida? Jaha naw.

1omys2.gif

So if Yves can land something like that then I'm pretty sure Pettis can too. Good match up stylistically but it seems like Pettis has improved a lot since getting layed on by Guida.

this is a joke, right? this fight was like 10 years ago.

Back