Can't believe Josh Thomson will be champ

mauricesmithfan

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Thomson is p4p most underrated lw of all time. If guida can stifle Pettis, than Thomson (injury-free) can as well.

Thomson has great stand up (getting better) and really good wrestling and jiu jitsu.

I see him consistently taking pettis down and then eventually catching him in a scramble either with a good shot or a sub.

Pettis has a chance to submit him, but I don't this will be contested on the feet.

Thompson can definitely spoil some plans.

I still got Pettis but Thompson has a chance here.

Thomson>Bendo IMO

Im not as sure as you, but I do think Thomson has a very good chance at beating Pettis. Should be a great fight, really looking forward to it. Sucks that Grant missed his shot twice, would be crazy if Thomson wins and Grant is booked for a title shot for the 3rd time against a different opponent.

Thompson is well rounded and has alot of heart. Great cardio too

tough fight for anyone. He seems to get better in those last two rounds aswell... I think this fight is hard to call, but Pettis is way more popular and will be a heavy favorite.

EIqdZ.gif

A lot of people haven't seen Josh Thompson fight during his Strikeforce stint.

Counting him out against Pettis is foolish. Very foolish. He is a much better version of Guida. We all know what Guida did to Pettis.

Pettis has a real tough fight ahead of him with Josh. I don't know who to root for, I like both fighters.

I'd have a lot more faith in Thomson if it wasn't for his poor-for-mance against Kawajiri. He got dominated and it was only a couple fights ago.

He looked great against Nate, but I honestly think the Diaz bro's are pretty easy to exploit with the right game plan. Their footwork is bad and they can't block kicks and Josh excelled at that.

Very dangerous fight for Pettis. I still got Pettis though.

1omys2.gif

So if Yves can land something like that then I'm pretty sure Pettis can too. Good match up stylistically but it seems like Pettis has improved a lot since getting layed on by Guida.

Who knows? I've been wanting to see the punk since he left the UFC. All the while claiming to my friends that this man is one of the best in the world if he could just put it all together. Now that he's getting a title shot... I feel it's undeserved and I'm pissed to see anyone other than TJ get the chance.

sounds entertaining thompson has great accuracy but pettis is on another level i see pettis easily win by tko in one exciting round

Thomson is too inconsistent and Pettis is in form.

1omys2.gif

So if Yves can land something like that then I'm pretty sure Pettis can too. Good match up stylistically but it seems like Pettis has improved a lot since getting layed on by Guida.

And it seems Thompson has improved a lot since getting kicked in the face by Edwards :rolleyes:

1omys2.gif

That was a freak knock out. Thomson was completely in control of that fight. Up until that moment.

Pettis will KO Thomson. I agree that Josh is no joke, but Anthony isn't Nate.

Pettis via KO. Sig bets are welcomed.

Will not even be close. Pettis finishes Thompson within 2 rounds with kicks to the body.

Put your account on the line then...

Oh no, 2011 vs 2013 accounts along with a .gif from 2004 because no one ever gets better or worse!

Bullshitting aside, Josh can give anyone in the division a good fight on any given day. You're a damn fool if you overlook it and he has a legit chance to take this.

Back