Can't believe Josh Thomson will be champ

Counting him out against Pettis is foolish. Very foolish. He is a much better version of Guida. We all know what Guida did to Pettis.

Haven't we been through the whole fallacy of MMAmath? Specious thinking my friend...

EIqdZ.gif

Love it:icon_lol:

A lot of people haven't seen Josh Thompson fight during his Strikeforce stint.

Counting him out against Pettis is foolish. Very foolish. He is a much better version of Guida. We all know what Guida did to Pettis.
The much better version of Guida didn't do too well against the actual Guida.

1omys2.gif

So if Yves can land something like that then I'm pretty sure Pettis can too. Good match up stylistically but it seems like Pettis has improved a lot since getting layed on by Guida.

That was damn near 10 years ago.

Guida did the same thing to Pettis to JT to take his strikeforce belt.

JT doesn't have takedowns like Guida. He isn't going to be taking Pettis down easily. He does have really good BJJ and striking though. He has the tools to beat Pettis but he's still the underdog.

The much better version of Guida didn't do too well against the actual Guida.

Heyyy, I know he lost to Guida but you can't deny Thompson has improved tremendously since that loss 7 years ago.

Pettis improved too but his repertoire remains largely the same with better tdd.

Haven't we been through the whole fallacy of MMAmath? Specious thinking my friend...

It isn't about MMATH, Josh Thompson's skill set is wrestling, bjj and recently he has shown a great improvement in his stand up.

Guida was just a wrestler with poor stand up striking. Thompson does have a good chance of defeating Pettis, I'm not saying he will.

Just a good chance

Would have preferred Melendez get the shot, I know he's coming off a loss, but it was a damn razor close loss and I think he's proven he's top 3.

I agree Thomson is underrated but Pettis will finish him within 2 rounds.

People using the Guida fight as a reason for why Pettis will lose this fight are laughable. Pettis just submitted fucking Bendo. That Guida fight was years ago. Not to mention that same Guida showed up later that year and lost to Bendo. MMAmath ftw

Josh has a great shot here

Thompsons only chance is to lay and pray pettis. Is he above that? He has shown he isn't. I think Pettis is too good every where to get laid on for three of five rounds.

People using the Guida fight as a reason for why Pettis will lose this fight are laughable. Pettis just submitted fucking Bendo. That Guida fight was years ago. Not to mention that same Guida showed up later that year and lost to Bendo. MMAmath ftw

Guida also beat Thomson, so there's that term to add to the MMAth equation

Josh poses some interesting problems to Pettis and should make for the prettiest looking title fight ever

how can you compare thomson with guida lol. most underrated lw might be true though. at least before the diaz fight. should be an awesome matchup where I slightly favor pettis. both are great everywhere with the only reak advantage for either one being oettis striking.

I don't forsee the upset here. I think Pettis is too much for him and will make it look easy.

Got Pettis by Cirque du Soleil acrobatics but Thompson is a good dude.

Liked him better in the Melendez fight, gonna be a great fight. Sucks for TJ, again..

Back