"Can't believe it took this long for Jon to pop on coke"

tumblr_n4ssjwbhl91qlb0yro1_500.gif

jon-jones-dui-gif5.gif

media has it very tough in boxing and mma. sure, you can do a hardcore piece and try to really expose stuff like this. then what happens when you want credentials for a fight or need access to fighters? you dont get it. it really sucks. it cost me 2 years of being blacklisted by top rank. there are other writers that go through the same thing

Yeah, I understand that the professional fight business is much shadier under the surface than other sports. I was just responding to the phrasing if "slimy writers" when on the balance, fight organizations are the slimiest, shadiest sports organizations there are.

The physical effects are more detrimental than beneficial for a gruelling endurance sport like a 5 round MMA fight. It certainly has some really short term benefits and certainly psychological benefits, but it's not going to help you at all getting prepared for a fight, and it's probably going to be more detrimental (as well as rather dangerous) in 5 round MMA competition. It should certainly be banned in competition, but I really question if it's helping him in any way.

Again, not that I believe that Jones was using cocaine as a PED or anything other than recreationally, but this is not accurate.

Coca leaves were originally used to enhance endurance in centuries past right and were used by participants of the most grueling of endurance sports (long distance cyclists) in the early modern era.

Long term abuse is another matter.

When your day is done and you wanna run....

Big deal it was new years he probably was partying and celebrating with his mates. What's a few lines between friends

Guess what? Everyone does coke from athletes and politicians to bored house wives.

If you have money there's no reason not to indulge once and a while!

My guess is he's a long term casual user. No different than alcohol or any other drug. You have the occasional bender and afterward decide to cut back or quit. Enough time goes by and you let loose again. Can be the same with casual sex. Rinse. Repeat.

He is just going to rehab to pretend to be a victim and will come out doing the same stuff but pretending it's all good now and he is a better person. In a couple of years he will have another DUI/Cocaine bust.
Yeah, that's more probable than not. Celebrities bribe their adult babysitters to look the other way after getting caught with shit in "rehab" all the time.

Then they emerge "totally clean and ready to move on".

Haha
Except the fact that not everyone considers indulging in narcotics a good or healthy time. That's one reason.
lol this.

Uppers and downers suck anyway.

So disappointing. I just don't understand how this guy can reconcile such conduct with what he otherwise advocates. People can say how taking cocaine isn't that bad...whatever.

There's rumors he's had the habit for a while but truth is we'll never know, he might just take it once in a while at parties and shit like a lot of people, or barely at all and was just horribly unlucky.

I just hope we see Jones back in the cage soon. Honestly don't really care about fighters or really any pro athlete using recreational drugs, that's there business.

My guess is he's a long term casual user. No different than alcohol or any other drug. You have the occasional bender and afterward decide to cut back or quit. Enough time goes by and you let loose again. Can be the same with casual sex. Rinse. Repeat.

Ive actually done that with Heroin which many say can't be done but im living proof it can. I dont bang it so I haven't crossed that bridge and refuse too. But yeah I know a ton of people who do coke occasionally. I dont want to accuse JJ of being a full fledged addict but I wouldnt be suprised if its a multiple time a week thing. The guy is young and the champ

So disappointing. I just don't understand how this guy can reconcile such conduct with what he otherwise advocates.
Nah shut up. UFC champions wing punches at press conferences then act like they won a fight, drunk drive Bentleys into telephone poles and get busted for cocaine every other day. The only reason Jones isn't widely loved is because of WACISM!

This guy pretty much sums up what I think the situation is if I had to guess.

One time thing?? LOL....im sure Jones like most who do blow do it consistently

There's rumors he's had the habit for a while but truth is we'll never know, he might just take it once in a while at parties and shit like a lot of people, or barely at all and was just horribly unlucky.

I just hope we see Jones back in the cage soon. Honestly don't really care about fighters or really any pro athlete using recreational drugs, that's there business.

Pretty much this.....I couldn't care less.

Again, not that I believe that Jones was using cocaine as a PED or anything other than recreationally, but this is not accurate.

Coca leaves were originally used to enhance endurance in centuries past right and were used by participants of the most grueling of endurance sports (long distance cyclists) in the early modern era.

Long term abuse is another matter.

And chewing coca leaves and snorting processed cocaine are entirely different things. Everything I've read would suggest that cocaine really isn't going to help your endurance.

Jon Jones likes to drink and party we all know this. This isn't actually much of a shocker now that I think about it. And its not like it was weed where he might do it a few times and still get popped two weeks later. I think its more telling that Jones probably has a problem and recognizes maybe he does require rehab. Take it from a past 30 year old drug user and not a 17 year old who only done pot a few times poster. Good chance he has a problem and highly unlikely it had anything to do with performance enhancement

Last edited:
Back