"Can't believe it took this long for Jon to pop on coke"

I wonder if this is why Jones seemed so unhappy at the post fight presser?

He's a druggie. Nothing more nothing less.

About what most of us expected.

the source for this is an invalid Sherdog thread.

That's because the thread was deleted for "fighter bashing". A mod confirmed in another thread that the post was made. I just read it, gimme a sec and I'll find it.

Alright, it's a pain in the ass to link cross thread on my iPhone but it's the "a poster actually called Jon Jones on cocaine use in 2011" thread. You posted in it already.

Last edited:
So UFC was aware of this issue for long, apparently, its good to see how JBJ talent and skills overshadow at some level his addiction, it

A person would have to be a total idiot to believe he only did it once. The guy's already smashed his Bentley while driving drunk, and now he tests positive for coke. Does anyone really believe those are the only two times he's done something like that? It's reasonable to assume he might be taking other drugs as well, including PEDs.

Jones is probably a recreational coke user. It does not seem to affect his ability to be the best in the weight class.

It is certainly a problem but I cannot understand why it is suddenly became public information. They were hiding it until after the fight, and it does not look like the athletic commission can do anything about it. Also, there are also some slimy writers trying to add gas to the fire.

That's because the thread was deleted for "fighter bashing". A mod confirmed in another thread that the post was made. I just read it, gimme a sec and I'll find it.

Alright, it's a pain in the ass to link cross thread on my iPhone but it's the "a poster actually called Jon Jones on cocaine use in 2011" thread. You posted in it already.

Guys, the author of that thread is right here, I am him! And yes, that story was true.

Jones is probably a recreational coke user. It does not seem to affect his ability to be the best in the weight class.

It is certainly a problem but I cannot understand why it is suddenly became public information. They were hiding it until after the fight, and it does not look like the athletic commission can do anything about it. Also, there are also some slimy writers trying to add gas to the fire.

Slimy writers? They're not doing enough and not asking the right questions about the UFC and the AC's behavior in all of this.

State Athletic Commission drug test results are a matter of public record, which is why if the AC did it, they wouldn't have been able to bury the results for weeks.

OTOH, less than a week ago, the UFC announced they were getting out of the drug testing business and laid the blame on the Cung Le debacle.

So who conducted the drug tests? What obligation did they have to inform the public?

In other professional sports, testing pos for cocaine results in an immediate suspension, on or off season. Jones tested positive in the lead up to a major fight. The UFC kept the results buried until 2 days after the fight.

And don't kid yourself that cocaine isn't a performance enhancing drug. It is THE original performance enhancing drug. (Not that I believe that Jones was using blow for anything other than as a recreational drug.)

Jones be like

The_f92781_738815.jpg

that would be a million dollar snow man

Are there any other known or rumored coke using mma fighters? Besides Chuck lol

I'm just curious how the test from Saturday will end up looking.

I really can't imagine he'd be on anything a couple days before the bout. He's egotistical but he's usually pragmatic. A random pop makes sense because his ego would get in the way. A post-fight pop is beyond ridiculous.

Slimy writers? They're not doing enough and not asking the right questions about the UFC and the AC's behavior in all of this.

State Athletic Commission drug test results are a matter of public record, which is why if the AC did it, they wouldn't have been able to bury the results for weeks.

OTOH, less than a week ago, the UFC announced they were getting out of the drug testing business and laid the blame on the Cung Le debacle.

So who conducted the drug tests? What obligation did they have to inform the public?

In other professional sports, testing pos for cocaine results in an immediate suspension, on or off season. Jones tested positive in the lead up to a major fight. The UFC kept the results buried until 2 days after the fight.

And don't kid yourself that cocaine isn't a performance enhancing drug. It is THE original performance enhancing drug. (Not that I believe that Jones was using blow for anything other than as a recreational drug.)
media has it very tough in boxing and mma. sure, you can do a hardcore piece and try to really expose stuff like this. then what happens when you want credentials for a fight or need access to fighters? you dont get it. it really sucks. it cost me 2 years of being blacklisted by top rank. there are other writers that go through the same thing

If it goes. Back th is many years, I'm surprised things haven't fallen to shit for him already.

It took awhile before the cocaine caught up with Pernell Whitaker. Well into his 30s and from what I've heard from some people, he had had something of a problem for a long time.

A person would have to be a total idiot to believe he only did it once. The guy's already smashed his Bentley while driving drunk, and now he tests positive for coke. Does anyone really believe those are the only two times he's done something like that? It's reasonable to assume he might be taking other drugs as well, including PEDs.

Only insofar as it's reasonable to assume any MMA fighter is taking PEDs.

I heard a story a few years ago from some guys in Buffalo, NY who swore they did coke with Jones at nightclubs. I found it hard to believe, but apparently they were telling the truth.

Yep.

I know some guys in upstate NY that were at the same bar/club as Jones the night before he wrapped his Bentley around a tree. They said there was an altercation that night with Jones and that he got his ass kicked.

My prediction, Jon Jones comes back clean and has found Jesus and gets owned on his first match.

Seen this before heu heu heu

The physical effects are more detrimental than beneficial for a gruelling endurance sport like a 5 round MMA fight. It certainly has some really short term benefits and certainly psychological benefits, but it's not going to help you at all getting prepared for a fight, and it's probably going to be more detrimental (as well as rather dangerous) in 5 round MMA competition. It should certainly be banned in competition, but I really question if it's helping him in any way.

Back