Canelo vs Bivol DAZN PPV May7th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bivol is relatively one dimensional, but his one dimension is very, very good. Exactly the kind of fighter I think would outbox Benavidez relatively clearly, because of Benavidez's stone feet.

Because Canelo has such amazing foot work right? Unlike Canelo, Benavidez fights for 3 minutes every round. I think Bivol can definitely outbox the low output Canelo. Unlikely Canelo would stop him either. Not an easy fight but just boring. I doubt many think he is an easier fight than Beterbiev, so is this enough evidence to admit Canelo dodges the toughest division fights at least?

Because Canelo has such amazing foot work right? Unlike Canelo, Benavidez fights for 3 minutes every round. I think Bivol can definitely outbox the low output Canelo. Unlikely Canelo would stop him either. Not an easy fight but just boring. I doubt many think he is an easier fight than Beterbiev, so is this enough evidence to admit Canelo dodges the toughest division fights at least?

So he took a fight you think he'll lose, right? Was he ducking Benavidez in the process?

So he took a fight you think he'll lose, right? Was he ducking Benavidez in the process?

Like I said he took the safest option. What fights would be safer than a 40 year old GGG at 168 and decision machine Bivol? Think carefully.

Like I said he took the safest option. What fights would be safer than a 40 year old GGG at 168 and decision machine Bivol? Think carefully.
What about the other rumored fights you trash him for? Wouldn't those be safer?

Dumb question, but didn't Canelo have a deal to fight a cruiserweight at some point in this year? When did that get cancelled?

Dumb question, but didn't Canelo have a deal to fight a cruiserweight at some point in this year? When did that get cancelled?

Off to one hell of a start on this site with that sig. Never was a contract, just an indication he wanted to do it.

Off to one hell of a start on this site with that sig. Never was a contract, just an indication he wanted to do it.

Thanks, I could have sworn it was a done deal and set for Cinco de Mayo.

Did any new news come out recently about it not happening or why Canelo pulled out? Because I had not heard any recent news since that and this latest announcement. Wouldn't getting another belt just further add to his legacy even if people claim he cherry picked?

Thanks, I could have sworn it was a done deal and set for Cinco de Mayo.

Did any new news come out recently about it not happening or why Canelo pulled out? Because I had not heard any recent news since that and this latest announcement. Wouldn't getting another belt just further add to his legacy even if people claim he cherry picked?

I think Canelo pulled out because he was a coward and Makabu would've yelled at him to fight Benavidez.

I think Canelo pulled out because he was a coward and Makabu would've yelled at him to fight Benavidez.

Okay, I am a boxing somewhat casual fan. I know the big fighters and have heard of Bivol before but never have I actually seen him fight.

Wouldn't Canelo winning the cruiserweight title ( I saw people say that fight was a cherrypick and should have been easy for him despite moving up in weight ) do more for his legacy than fighting a good guy that only more hardcore fans know? Also wouldn't he be able to make more money promoting a fight on Cinco de Mayo where he can say that he went up from the 150's to cruiserweight ( correct me if I am wrong but only Roy Jones Jr would have gone up in as much weight or more weight and still won a belt )?

Also a Canelo fight is always going to sell, especially on Cinco de Mayo, so wouldn't it be smarter career and promotion wise to go and win the cruiserweight belt, and fight Triple G at the end for the trilogy when he is 40 years old to get the last real big name that casual fan's know and wanted to see ( when he is already old and shot ) out of the way?

Also even if Canelo lost, they could just make the argument that he jumped up a ton of weight classes and went too far.

Okay, I am a boxing somewhat casual fan. I know the big fighters and have heard of Bivol before but never have I actually seen him fight.

Wouldn't Canelo winning the cruiserweight title ( I saw people say that fight was a cherrypick and should have been easy for him despite moving up in weight ) do more for his legacy than fighting a good guy that only more hardcore fans know? Also wouldn't he be able to make more money promoting a fight on Cinco de Mayo where he can say that he went up from the 150's to cruiserweight ( correct me if I am wrong but only Roy Jones Jr would have gone up in as much weight or more weight and still won a belt )?

Also a Canelo fight is always going to sell, especially on Cinco de Mayo, so wouldn't it be smarter career and promotion wise to go and win the cruiserweight belt, and fight Triple G at the end for the trilogy when he is 40 years old to get the last real big name that casual fan's know and wanted to see ( when he is already old and shot ) out of the way?

Also even if Canelo lost, they could just make the argument that he jumped up a ton of weight classes and went too far.

Just remember that the Jews, Masons and Templars control the forum. This is not the space for you.

Just remember that the Jews, Masons and Templars control the forum. This is not the space for you.

I am not sure what that comment has to do with my question, or the thread at hand?

If you are responding to the fact that my signature references systemic racial discrimination that the Joe Biden administration has done, do you support policies that intentionally exclude taxpayers from getting equal treatment from the federal government for stimulus package? Do you support White and Asian people being held to higher standards in college admissions, employment and promotions? Shouldn't we be striving for a more equal society and equal opportunity for all and be all fighting against racial discrimination?

I am not sure what that comment has to do with my question, or the thread at hand?

If you are responding to the fact that my signature references systemic racial discrimination that the Joe Biden administration has done, do you support policies that intentionally exclude taxpayers from getting equal treatment from the federal government for stimulus package? Do you support White and Asian people being held to higher standards in college admissions, employment and promotions? Shouldn't we be striving for a more equal society and equal opportunity for all and be all fighting against racial discrimination?

I'm not a Liverpool supporter. I just thought it worked here.

The Biden administration is openly discriminating against White men, specifically heterosexual White men. To be even more specific "small business owners" and farmers who got destroyed by terrible COVID policies and lockdowns. He loves rich elite billionaire White men though, but the small business owners and ordinary person he hates.

As a society we should all stand together against racial discrimination and discrimination of all kinds. Affirmative action has been policy for over 60 years and might have had good intentions originally but now it's became blatant discrimination that is also largely discriminating against a minority group ( Asian's ) who actually have little institutional or political power in America.

The Biden administration has taken away endless civil liberties, bases it's policies on discrimination, has harmed the economy, raised inflation, gas prices, forced rushed experimental drugs on the general public, is promoting homosexuality/transsexualism to young pre-pubescent children and is now pushing to build "safe" places for people to engage in hardcore dangerous drug use ( crackhouse, methhouses ) and giving out crackpipes and needles a year after record breaking drug overdose deaths while leaving the southern border wide open to allow massive amounts of fentanyl and heroin to flow into America into the heart of poor inner city neighborhoods, which will increase the drug trade/gang violence and lead into more drug overdose deaths of poor working class Americans.

I support working class people of all type, and need to call out an evil administration that only works in the interests of the elite billionaires. Affirmative action does not impact the rich, because they can buy their way into schools or have "legacy" admissions. Affirmative action hurts intelligent working class White and Asian students who are held to the highest academic standards but also do not come from rich enough or "legacy" backgrounds to get into top universities.

The elite billionaires love diversity and affirmative action, they get to portray themselves as progressive and hire a token mascot minority into a couple spots while rich elites still run the show, and they still make massive profit off of selling overprice goods used making cheap slave labor in a sweatshop in a third world country.

Among Sherdog.net subforums you may find the War Room better suited to your taste. Just sayin’.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back